A Shot in the Dark

"Dammit."

"I'm going to fucking kill myself, god fucking dammit!"

By now, Becca was used to Kelly's proclamations of death coupled with the curse words she held so close to her heart. Not that she really minded of course. She was just as crazy and loud as her best friend.

"Why are you killing yourself this time?" Becca asked serenely, glancing at her pacing best friend from over her laptop. Kelly put her hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow.

"This is going to sound really American and you're going to judge me but I lost my season 2 set of Jersey Shore and I think it might still be in my room in New York."

"This is going to sound really Australian and you're going to judge me but I forgot to bring my koala here and I'm scared my mum won't feed him."

The two girls stared at each other for a moment without blinking before laughing hysterically. Kelly fell over the back of the armchair into a sitting position before resuming a normal face, waiting for the Australian to stop her giggles.

"But really, have you seen my Jersey Shore?" she asked seriously.

"No, I'm sorry but I haven't. Isn't there one last box in the kitchen though?" Becca replied, casting her eyes back down to her blog. Her friend jumped up and moments later she could hear packing tape being ripped open with a knife.

"Oh sweet mother of god, thank you Becca!" she sang, coming out of the kitchen and cradling a boxed DVD set in her arms. She smiled and stood, leaning against the wall. "Come see my room! I've finished organizing it and everything."

The flat was small, but also quite nice. Walking in you saw the living room and dining area, painted a sea green. Their parents had been nice enough to chip in for some furniture. Down the small hallway were two small bedrooms and an even smaller bathroom.

The girls were content with it though. Becca stood, placing her laptop on the coffee table and stretching. Both were still in their pajamas regardless of it being past noon. Becca shuffled behind Kelly into her room.

It was painted a light green, but posters and picture frames already hung all over it. Her bed was made and the floor in sight, which was nothing compared to Becca's. Her desk was set up, Kelly's laptop sitting neatly on top.

Obviously, considering the neat bookshelves and all, her best friend was far more organized than she.

"You've got quite a lot done then," Becca said, throwing herself down on Kelly's bed. Kelly found the spot at the bottom of her bookshelf for the Jersey Shore box set and then nodded.

"I'm assuming you've got nothing done."

"Want to help me?"

The brunette sighed and then rolled her eyes. Becca knew then that she had her best friend hooked. It was probably her OCD coming into play. The need to organize always overtook Kelly.

"After I take a shower, I smell like shit."

"Lovely sentiment, truly."

Becca left the room and went back to her laptop, deciding to be lazy for a little while longer. She heard the shower start and sat back comfortably, fully expecting a long wait until it would be time to clean her room.

Glancing at the time, she realized that it would be an adequate time to call her brother. Timezones were a pain in the ass, that much she had learned from becoming friends with a New Yorker whilst living in Australian.

Sighing when she realized her phone was still plugged in to the charger on her bedside table, Becca reluctantly got up and trudged to her bedroom. It was as much of a mess as it had been when she woke up. The bed was unmade and clothes were strewn everywhere, boxes were still half full all around.

Stepping over precarious piles of books and clothes, she made it to her phone. There was a missed call. Her heart beat into her throat when she realized who it was from. This was urgent.

"Kelly!" she screamed, running out of her room and slamming into the bathroom door. She hit it with such force that it slammed open, scaring the bejeezus out of the girl behind the curtain who shrieked.

"Kelly! Matt Nicholls called me and I missed it! Oh my gosh, what the fuck do I do now?" she asked in a panic, turning in circles.

"Oh shit okay. Hold on, let me finish showering. How did you get in anyway? Didn't I lock it?"

"I ran into it full force. Don't you understand? This is not a joke. If you don't get out of the shower right now I will kill children. Think of the children Kelly!" Becca threatened.

"Fuck dammit Becca. I can never take a peaceful shower with you around."

"Sue me," Becca countered, sticking her tongue out at the curtain and slowly backing out of the door.

"Maybe I will!"

Becca paced up and down the hallway, all thoughts of calling her brother erased from her mind. The drummer of Bring Me The Horizon had called her and now she had no idea what to do. Her heart was beating so wildly she was sure she was about to drop dead of a heart attack.

The bathroom door was pulled open and Kelly walked out, dressed in cotton shorts and a t-shirt with a towel wrapped on her head. She plucked Becca's phone out of her hand and led her to the couch.

"He called you, why didn't you pick up?" she reprimanded.

"I missed it," Becca bristled, "I was getting my phone to call Brennan and my phone must be on silent so I never heard it."

"He didn't leave a voicemail," Kelly said absentmindedly, checking for text messages. She bit her lip and then tapped her bare foot against the floor before sitting on the coffee table in front of Becca. She handed her phone over and looked grim.

"You have to call him back."

"What?! No, I'll stutter and sound like an idiot. What do I even say?" Becca asked, her breathing erratic.

"Okay listen, when he answers just say hi and then say you missed his call or something. I don't know. Listen, don't fuck this up. I made coffee, do you want water?" she asked, getting up.

Becca nodded, watching her phone like it was a wild animal that was about to strike. She wanted to talk to Matt more than anything but she was nervous. She swallowed her fear and gripped the water bottle Kelly handed her.

She scrolled to his number in her phone. Casting a long, anxious look at Kelly, who nodded encouragingly, Becca pressed the send button and tossed her hair back before putting the cellphone to her ear. It rang three times before he answered.

"Hello?" he asked and Becca's heart leapt into her mouth.

"Hi, it's Becca."

"Oh hey! What's up?"

He sounded happy to hear from her, which she found endearing. She bit her lip and smiled.

"Um, you, uh, called before?" she prompted awkwardly.

"Oh yeah! I was wonderin' if yeh'd like to come out to a show tonight. I'm goin' with my mates Lee and Jona to see some local bands. Kelly can come too if she'd like to," he offered.

"Wow, yeah. That sounds cool."

"Alright nice. I'll text you the address and stuff, okay?" he asked.

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye!"

Becca hung up and looked at her friend, heart pounding. She was just invited to hang out with Matt Nicholls and two other members of her favorite band at a local concert. This was beyond exciting.

"What?" Kelly asked, "What's going on?"

"We're going to a gig with Matt tonight you poop, we have to get ready!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah so, I stayed up until 2 AM to write this for my Australian.
You guys should, uh, comment and subscribe to this bitch.

It's almost as awesome as Becca and I are.