Status: Active, but slow. Some comments might encourage faster updates. I'm REALLY interested in feedback for this.

Buckle Up and Bunker Down

The United States government enacted the Motor Law in March of 2011, forcing its citizens to trade in their vehicles for new, self-piloting SPVs. Their hope was to make car accidents a thing of the past. Not everyone was so willing to give up their vehicles, of course, but very few of those cars actually survived until the year 2149. The owners of the cars that did often find each other and group together to meet up in secret at night to race and give the well-kept cars a workout.

Meet Dr. Skye Harrison. She's a twenty-seven year old geneticist. By day, anyway. She's well-liked and quiet in the office. No patient has ever had a complaint about the elegant and polite young doctor. However, when she leaves the office and returns to her home, she is almost a completely different person. Her father passed on his knowledge of old vehicle mechanics and, when she was old enough, formally introduced her to Keith - a 2011 Ford GT500 Super Snake named after her great-great grandfather that had been passed down from generation to generation. As it turned out, she was a natural when it came to driving the beast of a car and just as natural with the mechanical aspect of it. So much so, in fact, that it was no surprise when she basically became the queen of their local 'racing group'. She even took it upon herself to distract any authorities that might happen upon their nightly meetings.

Well, the local police were sick of looking like fools.

Now enter Derek Avery: a twenty-eight year old lieutenant on the police force who is one of the fifteen officers trained to race these otherwise obsolete cars. Good-looking, arrogant, good at his job and very-much aware of all of those facts, it was no surprise to the force when he was chosen to take on the assignment of infiltrating the racing 'criminals' to gather information enough to wipe them out completely. Of course, when he finds out his main opponent is Skye, he immediately thinks his job will be much easier than expected. He knew women - and women were easy to deal with.

Life being life, it is never that easy. And when the initial plan goes awry, nothing else goes as expected...and as it turns out, there is a much, much bigger racing syndicate than anyone could possibly imagine.

Shelby GT500 Super Snake (so sexy)

Note: This story is inspired by the Rush song Red Barchetta, which was inspired by the short story A Nice Morning Drive by Richard S. Foster. The basic concept of the Motor Law was adapted from these (though not the same) and the idea of the Turbine Freight is adapted from Red Barchetta. Everything else has erupted from the caverns of my imaginative thought. And obviously I don't own any Ford, Dodge, Nissan, or other miscellaneous car company's product.
  1. Fasten Your Seatbelts
    Some necessary information before the kids play.
  2. Ladies and Gentlemen: Start Your Engines
    Skye makes a decision she feels she'll probably regret...
  3. Center of Pressure
    Skye gets rid of him...or so she thought.