Status: *rises from the dead*

Don't Take Yourself So Seriously

Second Chance at First Line Part 1

Oh, God, that car turns me on, Kinsey thought, ignoring her friends. She stared down the black Camaro in the distance. The car slipped out of her view.

Kinsey gripped a shovel in her hand. She leaned against Stiles' jeep before Scott brought her attention back to the reason they were there: the dead body in the ground.

"Wait, something's different." The hair on the back of his neck stood up as he sniffed the air.

"Different how?" Stiles asked.

"It smells like wet dog," Kinsey muttered to herself, looking over at the burnt house.

"I don't know. Let's just get this over with," Scott added. Kinsey stayed against the jeep as the boys dug up the fresh dirt. She was staring at the moon, unbelievably close to being full that Friday night. She stretched her fingers around the shovel, trying to calm down. "Are you going to help us?" Scott asked, annoyed.

Kinsey looked down at them, her hair blowing into her eyes. She finally walked over to their hole, about a foot deep, but kept glancing back at the house. She was curious what was inside, if it was sturdy, and how Derek could possibly be spending time in a house his whole family died in. Flames had eaten away everything, so she wasn't sure if the house was livable or Derek had been sleeping in rubble.

"This is taking way too long," Scott said. "What if he comes back?"

"Then we get the hell out of here," Stiles said.

"And I steal his car," Kinsey shared. Scott ignored her.

"What if he catches us?"

"We die," Kinsey said casually. Scott glared at Kinsey, angry at how relaxed she was. She'd learned to control herself long before Scott did. "Don't worry, Scott. It's county property. He can't legally kick us out."

"He can kill us." Scott was about to yell at her, but he was broken off.

"Stop! Stop!" Stiles suddenly yelled. They both looked at him as he poked at the dirt. He uncovered a bag and immediately tried to untangle the knots. Kinsey felt her heart speed up when they opened it. The smell of wet dog grew closer, gagging and immobilizing her. She nearly vomited when they revealed a wolf's head.

Scott and Stiles literally jumped out of the way. "I thought you smelled human blood!" Stiles exclaimed a few seconds later.

"We have to get out of here," Scott replied. Stiles and Scott began to cover up the body, but Kinsey noticed a little flower in the line of their flashlight. She walked over to it slowly, trying to get a better look. The boys frantically covered the body in dirt.

Scott looked up when he noticed Kinsey was once again not helping. "What's wrong?"

Stiles looked where Kinsey had gone. He pointed towards the little flower. "You see that flower? I think it's wolfsbane."

"What's that?" Kinsey looked back at Scott, staring daggers at him. She couldn't believe Stiles was researching more about werewolves than he was.

"Haven't you seen the Wolf Man?" Scott shook his head. Stiles picked up the flower and Kinsey backed away, knowing it's effects. As he pulled on the flower, a circle was made in it's path. When he was done, Scott looked back into the hole.

"Guys . . ." Kinsey looked into the freshly dug earth. She gasped at the site of the dead girl's upper body rotting in the ground.