Status: Completed

That's My Girl

Those moments made Winnie, Winnie.

Josh Seaver knew his girlfriend wasn't what you'd identify as intelligent, but she wasn't what you'd call dumb either. She was just a tad slow when it came to what is and isn't real. Nonetheless, Josh loved her.

Last year in US History class, when Pearl Harbor was being screened, Miss Michaelson was pointing out the false facts of the film. Winnie Darling questioned, genuinely confused, "Wait. Evelyn, Rafe, & Danny never happened?" The class erupted in light laughter at another of her blonde moments, even Josh. Those moments made Winnie, Winnie.

Mrs. Langerhan was getting ready to step down from her soapbox. She had been ranting to her seventh period english class about being irritated she gets when Hollywood takes historical tragedies and turns them into a love story, and how it sickens her more when people believe the love stories actually happened. "For example, Titanic. There was girl in the class before that asked, 'Jack and Rose weren't real?'"

Josh's face lit up and a grin began to break out of his lips as he asked, "Was that Winnie?"

"It was," said Mrs. Langerhan.

His grin spread from ear to ear as he proudly beamed, "That's my girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't remember what we were talking about in my AP English IV class or how the whole situation went down, but I do remember my teacher telling us this side story and thought I'd share it here.
Opinions? I'd love to hear them. <33

Check out my other stuff! Thanks!