Our Shadows, Taller Than Our Souls.

Sing Me to Sleep

Hermione and I were sitting in my room talking about the wedding arrangements. We were talking about the color scheme.

“I was thinking of red and white,” I say.

“Why red and white,” Hermione asks.

“Well, white because I would like it to be traditional in some way. And red is to symbolize the love Harry and I have for each other.”

“I can see you have given this a lot of thought.”

“Yeah….”I finished saying when Harry and Ron burst through the door.

“Kris! I need your help.” Harry says. Crossing over to where Hermione and I are sitting on the bed.

“Okay, what is it?” I asked.

“Okay, well, Voldemort’s mind connected with mine again. And I think I know where the next horcruxe is.” Harry said.

“Awesome! Where is it?” I asked. Hermione and I are excited where as Ron and Harry stayed calm.

“That’s the thing; I don’t know where it is. All I know is that it’s at Hogwarts. I also know that it’s an item of Rowena Ravenclaw. And because my fiancée is in the Ravenclaw house, I figured you might know what it might be…Do you know of anything that belongs to Rowena Ravenclaw?” Harry finished.

“All I know that belonged to her was her diadem,” I say.

“Brilliant! Where is it?” Ron asks.

“That’s the thing. The diadem is lost. Helena Ravenclaw stole the diadem from Rowena and hid it.” I say, familiar feeling washes over me and my vision starts to blacken. I looked toward Harry and he must’ve seen something in to know what was wrong, he quickly made his way behind me and without warning I collapsed onto his lap. My eyes shut and my head felt like it was whizzing through the air. I landed in an extremely familiar mind. ’Faith! Faith! Are you alright?’ I ask.

’No, the Death Eaters are planning to attack Hogwarts soon. Extremely soon, get here quickly,’ Faith thought. I forced myself out of her mind and whizzed through the air until I opened my eyes and saw Harry cradling my head in his lap. “Are you okay, sweety?” Harry asked.

“No. Hogwarts is about to be attacked! We have to go! Faith is at Hogwarts now!” I say, I get up and rush to the door only to find myself stopped by Ron.

“Kris, calm down. I know you’re startled by the information you received. But we need to come up with a plan.” Harry said crossing the room and held on to me until I calmed down.

“Harry answer me this, have you ever created a plan? That worked? Cause if my knowledge serves me right, you always go in head first. Why not now?” I say to Harry looking him directly in the eye.

“No, I guess not…” Harry said looking back down at me and then at Ron and then Hermione. They both nodded and then we were off to Hogwarts. We go to Aberfoth who was in Hogsmede and he brought us to a secret passage in the Hog’s head. He lets the picture go into Hogwarts and when the picture frame opens Neville comes through. I’m so happy to see a familiar face again! Neville brings us through the passage into Hogwarts.
*****************************************
Hogwarts looks different, more depressing really. I heard Snape was the headmaster. But it didn’t have to be this depressing. All the kids look so sad, no one was talking…but weirdly enough they all started to file into the Great Hall, Harry, Hermione, Ron and I stand in the courtyard like idiots wondering why everyone decided to leave at the same time. The four of us decided to follow everyone to the Great Hall and I see that everyone divided into their houses, I looked toward Harry and he nodded, I went over to the Ravenclaw house and quickly saw Luna. I quickly stood next to her and thought ’Luna, don’t look at me, but answer me, why is everyone standing?’

‘Professor Snape wants to make an announcement. I think it’s pretty cool you are able to talk to people like this,’
Luna thought. Even her thoughts are as airy as she speaks. I just stood there as Snape spoke. I forgot that Faith was here I quickly thought,’Faith? Please tell me your in the Great Hall, I’m too short to see anything.’

‘Yeah, I’m here. Where are you?’
Faith thought.

’I’m with the Ravenclaws. Harry, Hermione and Ron are with the Gryffindors.’

‘Good, I’ll see you in a few and do me a favor: Do not faint! Hold off the feeling for as long as you can. I know it’s hard, but you’re gonna want to stay awake. I don’t want you getting hurt.’

‘I’ll try.’
I quickly broke the connection and tried my best not to faint. It’s hard, but I need to stay conscious. I look around to see Harry arguing with Snape. Oh shit! I run out of the Ravenclaw clump thing that was formed and next to Harry and whispered to him, “What are you doing?” Hermione and Ron ran toward us and whispered the same exact thing I just whispered to Harry. I gave a shrug. A shiver went down my spine and I quickly put up a barrier in my mind. I felt a presence in my mind and I didn’t like the feeling. I quickly went into Harry’s to search where it was coming from. I wasn’t able to track it. But I had a feeling we might find out soon. I kept my barrier up and waited. Snape had just disapparated out of Hogwarts, I guess whatever Harry was saying he didn’t want any information out, I can’t pay attention well, I have to focus every ounce of energy onto not fainting. A voice came over everyone and I could see their faces as they heard the message. Harry’s face lightened and Pansy Parkinson pointed her wand at Harry and said, “Well, let’s turn him in.” Harry, Hermione, Ron and I ran outside to the courtyard and could not believe our eyes. The war at Hogwarts has begun. All of Hogwarts has come out to see the enemy waiting. All students went to fight with the opposing force. I just stand in the doorway with some of the teachers just watching in pure awe. “Kris, stand aside. I don’t want you getting hurt,” I turned to see Professor McGonagall, I quickly get out of the way and see her wave her wand. All the statues on the inside of Hogwarts came to life! It’s freaking me out! I mean I’m a wizard I should already be used to such things like this, but I’m not….McGonagall turned to me and said, “I’ve always wanted to use that spell!” I watch as everyone fights with one another. I start to think. I think of why no one knows where the diadem is, surly someone must know. No one at school knows, none of the teachers. I’m not sure about the house elves. Wait, everyone who’s alive doesn’t know. Doesn’t the ghost of Helena Ravenclaw roam the school?

“Professor McGonagall, does the ghost of Helena Ravenclaw roam the school?” I ask.

“Yes, I believe she does, why do you ask?” She replies.

“I have an idea.” I quickly say and run to find Harry. Even though I’m trying to conserve my energy I have to tell Harry.

“Harry! I know how to find the diadem!” I quickly say.

“Great; how?” He asks.

“We have to find the ghost of Helena Ravnclaw.” I say he grabs my hand and starts running through the castle. “Harry, where are you going? Follow me! Rowena likes to hang around the Ravenclaw common room.” I say and we both head toward the common room. We found Rowena, also known as the Grey Lady, outside the room.

“Hi, Rowena!” I say.

“Hello, Kris, Harry. Nice to see you again.” She replied.

“We need to ask a favor of you.” Harry said.

“What might it be?” Rowena asks.

“Do you know where a boy named Tom Riddle hid your mother’s diadem?” I asked.

“He bewitched the diadem with black magic!” she exclaimed.

“We know. We want to destroy it.” I say calmly.

“He hid it in the room where everything is hidden,” Rowena exclaimed and floated off to
another part of the castle.

“What the hell does that mean?” Harry asked.

“Room of Requirement.” I say instantly. I look toward him and we both run toward the room. We stop just in time so the doors can appear before us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tittle Credit- Lullabies by All Time Low

Kris' outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=35984170