Our Shadows, Taller Than Our Souls.

Ramshackle Heads

I woke up from my nap to find Harry and Hermione discussing how to find the sword of Godric Gryffindor. I’m on the couch so I have no idea what they’re saying…Ron went over to the table where Harry and Hermione were sitting at and from the look on Harry’s expression changed I’m guessing it’s not a fun conversation. Ron gave Hermione the necklace and went outside the tent and disapparated.

“What was that all about?” I asked Harry. I sat up on the couch and watched as he came over and sat next to me.

“Ron thought Hermione and I had a thing last night,” Harry said. I don’t know why but that sentence worried me…

“Did you?”

“Did I what?”

“Have a thing with Hermione?”

“No, I didn’t; now don’t you worry, I would never try to do anything to jeopardize our relationship. The necklace was affecting Ron weirdly.”

“Okay, just making sure.”

“C’mon. We have to pack.” I got off the couch and helped Hermione and Harry pack the tent into Hermione’s tiny bag, how does everything fit in there? I know she used an expansion charm, but even when you’re a wizard some things are just really hard to overcome…We held hands and disapparted. We landed in the middle of a deserted street, in front of a cemetery.

“Where are we?” I asked Hermione. Harry was wandering around in the cemetery.

“Godric’s Hollow, Harry wanted to come here,” Hermione replied. I saw Harry stop in front of one of the graves. I let him stay there; I didn’t want to disturb his privacy. I follow Hermione as she stops in front of one of the graves and wiped the snow off of it to reveal the deathly hollows symbol. “Kris?” She asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Are you a pureblood?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“I keep seeing this symbol everywhere. Do you know what it is?”

“Yeah, it comes from one of the stories in ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’.”

“Which one?”

“‘The Tale of the Three Brothers’.”

“I never realized the symbol is from a children’s book. Aren’t the stories in it fake?”

“I don’t know about the other stories, but my parents believed that ‘The Tale of the Three Brothers’ was real no matter what anyone said.”

“So, can you explain the symbol to me when we get to a campsite?”

“Sure.” We went over to Harry; he found his parents’ graves. I feel really bad. I don’t know why I feel bad…it’s really hard to see Harry in so much pain…Hermione got on her knees and conjured a wreath that appeared in front of the headstone. Hermione got up on to her feet and brushed herself off. “Guys, there’s someone watching us. Over by the church,” Hermione said. Harry looked over to the creepy old lady watching us. She started walking away and Harry followed her. “Harry, what are you doing!?” I ask. He just kept on walking like he didn’t hear me. Hermione and I stare at each other; we don’t like this one bit. “Kris, can you get anything from her mind?” Hermione asks. I try to concentrate on the lady, but I got nothing. I look back at Hermione and shook my head. I am really scared now. We follow Harry. He went inside the old lady’s house, still following her. Hermione and I are looking around at what she has; we can hardly walk through the house it’s so cluttered. We follow Harry and the old lady up the stairs into the attic. Hermione and I wanted to make sure that Harry would be okay, so we both reluctantly went up the stairs. The old lady stopped walking when we all go into the attic; she just stared at Harry and when I thought things couldn’t get worse, the old lady turned into a snake! The snake attacked Harry. He dropped his wand and was forced into the next room. Hermione got Harry’s wand grabbed my hand and ran toward Harry and the snake. Is she kidding me!? The last thing I want to do is run toward that snake! She waved both her and Harry’s wands at the snake and grabbed Harry’s hand and disapparated.

We landed in the middle of the woods. I looked over at Harry, he doesn’t look hurt. “Harry, I’m sorry, your wand, I tried to cast a spell and it backfired,” Hermione said. She took out Harry’s wand and it was broken. The damage was severe. It split the wand into several parts. Harry got up and volunteers to take first watch. Hermione gives him her wand and I go on and help her to pitch the tent. We go inside and try to get some rest. I can’t get any sleep so I go outside to see Harry sitting up against a tree. I sit down against a tree in front of him and stare.

“What are you staring at?” Harry asks.

“Nothing…just you. It’s weird, only you and Cedric were nice to me and Faith before you started Dumbledore’s Army……why? Why were you so nice,” I ask.

“Well, I know what it’s like to feel alone. I saw how everyone tortured you and Faith, it wasn’t fun to look at, and I know it’s not fun to be the one made fun of.”

“That’s all true……my parents didn’t know what to do with me when I told them I could read minds. They stared at me in disbelief and said ‘go play with your toys, Kris. Don’t believe in such rubbish.’ And then I never told them anything ever again. I didn’t even tell them about Cedric, or you! They don’t care about me…They don’t want to be wizards so they taught me about the muggle community, but because I wanted to be a wizard they also taught me as if I were a wizard. That would be the only time I ever talked to them.”

“Wow……That’s pretty harsh….”

“Yeah…..oh well, what about you?”

“Well, my aunt and uncle are douchbags. And so is my cousin. And they wanted no part of my being a wizard. My aunt was probably the happiest person on the face of the Earth when she found out my mom died…My uncle locked me in the cupboard under the stairs until I was 11 and they didn’t care about me.”

“That’s just horrible….”

“Yeah well, that’s life,” Harry said looking off into the distance. “Do you see that?” Harry asks. I look over to where he was looking. I nodded and we both got up and went to where there was a glowing light right above a spot on the lake. The ball of light went under the ice, Harry swept the snow away and we cannot believe our eyes! The sword of Godric Gryffindor is at the bottom of the lake! Harry waved his wand and made a hole in the lake, he started to take off his clothes; he took off everything except his underwear and the necklace. “Harry, I can’t let you do this, what if something were to happen to you?” I say quickly.

“If something happens, run to the tent and get Hermione,” Harry said and he dove into the water. I watched as Harry tried to get close to the sword, but the locket started to strangle him! Harry starts to fight and try to get the locket off, he thinks, ’GET HELP!! PLEASE!!’ I don’t have to be told twice. I start running to the tent when I bump into a huge figure. I fell to the ground and the dark figure helps me back up. I start fighting to try and get away from him, but he’s too strong.

“Kris, Kris! Stop fighting! It’s me Ron,” he said. I stopped fighting, I’m unable to speak so I thought into Ron's head, ’Help! It’s Harry! Follow me!’ I start running back to the lake and I see that Harry stopped struggling. Oh shit! Ron dived into the lake and pulled Harry above water. I helped drag Harry onto dry land and put my blanket around him. “Ron, the sword is on the bottom of the lake.” I told Ron. He jumps back into the lake and comes back up with the sword. Harry started to wake up, Ron and I both smiled.

“Kris, am I dead?” Harry asked.

“No, you’re not,” Ron said. Harry’s head turned toward Ron and said, “You came back,” and grabbed Ron in a hug. “Uhhh….guys, sorry to ruin your reunion, but….uhh…I think we should destroy the necklace before anything else happens,” I say.

“You right, Ron you’re going to destroy it,” Harry said as he got up and put his clothes on.

“Why me, the necklace affected me more than you or Hermione…..which reminds me why didn’t Kris wear the necklace at anytime?” Ron asked. I set the necklace on a tree stump and shrugged. I ran to stand next to Ron, Harry spoke and the necklace opened. It released a gust of wind and what looked like a tornado. Ron and I both froze at the sight of what happened next. Coming out of the gust was Harry and Hermione holding hands….and then they…..and then they……and then they started to make out! What the hell!!! This is not real…Ron charged forward and attacked the necklace with the sword and smashed the necklace till it was no more. After all that, I got on my knees and stared aimlessly…Sadly I’m extremely gullible…Harry of all people knew this, he came up behind me and gave me a hug. Harry thought, ’That never happened; I would never do anything like that to ruin our relationship.’ I turned into Harry’s shoulder and tried not to cry while Harry rubbed my back. “I thought you were dead when I got back to the lake with Ron, and now all this shit…….You know what, I think I’ll go to sleep…” I said. I laughed, Harry and Ron laughed as well. Ron picked me up and brought me back to the tent and set me down on the couch. I took a nap. I woke up to Hermione shaking me….Hermione said, “C’mon! Get up! You need to tell us about the symbol…” I got off the couch and followed her to where the boys were sitting.

“Okay, the symbol is called the Deathly Hollows. It represents 3 different artifacts. The story of ‘The Tale of the Three Brothers’ is the story where three brothers cheated Death. Death pretended to congratulate them and gave them each a gift of their choice. The oldest asked for a wand that will win in any duel, the second brother asked for a stone that can resurrect anyone who has died. And the third brother, asked for an Invisibility Cloak,” I started. The look on Ron’s face told me he knows the story, well, duh! Ron’s a pureblood too! Ron continued the story, “The first brother could not lose a battle, one night a wizard came up to him in his sleep and killed him, making him the new owner of the wand. The second brother brought back the girl who he wanted as his wife. Although she was in the mortal world, she did not belong and suffered, the brother went mad and killed himself. The third brother hid from Death for many years and soon got tired of hiding. He took off his cloak and gave it to his son.” Ron finished the story. I felt a headache coming on; I went outside to get some air. I see Death Eaters coming through the sky. “GUYS!!! We have to get out!” I yell into the tent and start running like hell! I look back to see Hermione, Ron and Harry look up and start running toward me. I start to run through the woods. Death Eaters were running alongside us firing spells at us, I kept blocking them, but because I’m so clumsy I fell and rolled down a huge hill. I got to the bottom and before I know it a Death Eater grabs me and disapparates. When we land we are still in the forest, I see Harry, Ron and Hermione in the middle of a Death Eater circle. Well, I think that’s Harry…it looks like a weird deformed Harry though…We disapparated again and we land in Malfoy Manor………
♠ ♠ ♠
Kris' outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=35558039

The tittle credit goes to Nearly Witches by Panic! At the Disco