Status: Active- Short Story

A Perfect Tale

Jeremy

A gasp escaped my lips as Rixion landed half ontop of my cot. Samantha nervously pressed herself closer to me and squeezed my hand, fights always made her nervous. Rixion wiped the blood that had accumulated on his bottom lip and gave a humorless chuckle.

“Your dead, kid.” He rasped before lunging at Andrew.

“No! No! NO!” was heard all around the room. Jean pushed Rixion further more to my cot, restraining him from moving anywhere. While I helplessly grabbed onto the sleeve of his sweater.

“I’ve had enough of your shit, Reid!” Andrew yelled back.

Joel and Justin held Andrew back while he struggled to release himself from their hold. Out of all of Michael’s crew Andrew is the least violent but pure blind raging fury was all that graced his features scaring everyone as he tried to finish his assault on Rixion.

“Let me go!” He yelled.

“Rixion! Andrew! cut it out!” My brother intervene, use to being in charge.

“Andrew man, trust me, this isn’t something you want to do. At least not right now.” Jeremy said trying to make Andrew come to his senses.

“Its your senior year Andrew, don’t mess up your chances of getting into Harvard.” I yelled at him. Andrew looked at me and for one minute he stop to contemplate my words. I could see the wheels turning in his head when he finally gave an exasperated sigh, closed his eyes, and shook his head. He slumped his shoulders and stopped resisting allowing Joel and Justin to carry him out.

“You didn’t have to say that!” Leila yelled at Rixion.

Rixion gave her his infamous smirk. “Sorry sweetheart.”

“Yeah me too, bastard.” Leila walked out slamming the door behind her.

The door opened yet again this time the nurse entering. “Aww ah man! I knew it! I heard commotion and now a busted lip. It had to be you five involved. I thought I got rid of you three years ago.” The nurse complained.

I furrowed my eyebrows it always surprised me Jared and his friends are loved by all of the teachers but for some reason they could never get on the nurses good side she hated my brother and his friends….well more like all the Perry’s.

“Mrs. Stanton,” Stanley tried.
“Just get out of here. You guys don’t belong here anymore. You know I can nail you with assault if I truly wanted to but I wont if you just get out now.” She said crossing her arms over her chest. Slowly the boys pilled out the room including Sam.

“I’ll get all your homework for you.” She promised squeezing my hand.

“C’mon on kiddies.” She said pushing my brother and sisters out. They all groaned in protest.

“But Sherlyn gets to leave early,” Ashley whined.

‘Sherlyn is bleeding.” Sam tried to reason.

“You’ll stay and I’ll pick you up at the end of the day like always.” Jared said in a firm tone ending it with a smile. Adrian, Ashley, and Trevor had no choice but to give us hugs goodbye and go back to class with Sam.

“Bye to you too Sam, what no kiss for me?” Jared joked with his infamous crocked smile.

“Yeah right.” Sam said shutting the door behind her.

I quirked an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“Nothing.” I said smiling.

“I’m just going to go and sign you out, Sherry. I’ll be right back.” Jared said kissing my forehead quickly and shuffling out the room while the nurse glared at him.

“Make sure to eat your bars.” She said stiffly.

“Yeah, I will.”

Jeremy opened the door and then knocked. “Can I come in?” He asked smiling using his dimples.

“Well your already in.” She smiled at him.

“May I talk to Sherlyn, Mrs. Stanton?”

“Ok..I’ll be right outside if you need me.” She said patting his shoulder.

After she left I asked. “What the hell would you need her for? I didn’t know I could hurt you.” I spat out angrily.
Jeremy chuckled. ”She’s just protective of us ,Sherlyn…but I actually came here to ask you something.”

“Look Jeremy, if its about Rixion… I love him and all but please believe me when I say I’m not on his side for this one. He was way out of line. Please apologize to Andrew for me he didn’t deserve that and he was in his complete right to punch Rixion.”

“Thanks….I never expected that from you.” Jeremy said eyeing me suspiciously.

“Why are you on Andrew side? Is it because he helped you? You protect your brother and his crew so much why turn against them now?”

“You heard me wrong. I’ll always be on my brothers side, but I do admit when they are wrong. And Rixion was wrong.” Jeremy nodded his head.

“Look my main concern isn’t Andrew…as bad as that sounds. You and I started something and its time I really committed to it. So…..rest up or whatever you have to do to feel better because as soon as your on your feet. I’m taking you out on a date.”

“A what?” I asked in in disbelief.

“A date…D.A.T.E… you know that thing your never been on.” That one stung.

“I know what the hell it is douche. The answer is NO.” I huffed.

“I didn’t know you had a choice. Because you don’t. When your back on your feet Perry were doing this or should I just plug this into the school projector now?” He asked waving a USB at me.

“So what’s your answer now Perry?”

“…..I’ll get in contact with you as soon as possible.” I mumbled.

Jeremy chuckled, “Don’t worry. I’ll get in contact with you.” and just like that he was on his way.

I rubbed the spot on my forehead where I felt a headache begin. Santana is going to drive me to drink!

********************************************************************************************

I laughed loudly as Ross banged into the handle of the washing machine and dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Friends was truly the best show ever made.
“Oh Ross your never going to stop being so awkward huh?” I chuckled popping a lays into my mouth.

A knock caught my attention. “Knock, Knock everything ok in here?” My mother asked for the billionth time.

“Yes mom everything has been the same since the last time you asked, which was 5 minutes ago.”

“Alright, alright. I can take a hint your fine…just don’t do that again make sure to stock up on enough iron Sherry.”

“I will, mom.” I half groaned she never did know when to stop lecturing.

“Good. Now are you sure you well enough for your dad and I to go out? We can always cancel on your god mother Melissa.” she stressed again.

“Mother I’m fine, go out and enjoy.”

“Alright I’m gone, byeee.”

“Wait mom one thing!”

“What?”

“Tell Jared to please let me take out these stupid things out from my nose!”

“Oh Sherlyn, grow up!” She huffed and slammed my door.

I huffed. “These things are annoying and I sound stupid!” I whined to no one.

********************************************************************************************

“90...91...92....”

“Yeah well you’re a stupid bitch!!”

“Tu madre!(Your mother) I cant believe your back here! LEAVE!”

“Don’t tell me what the fuck to do in MY house!” the man roared.

“93...94...95..”

“Your house! You haven’t been in this house for months! Your son and I support this house on our own!”

“With who’s money bitch!”

“All you do is give a small portion! Not nearly enough to survive! He and I bust our asses to keep going because his no good dirty dog father is out running around fucking anything with a pulse!”

“96...97...98...”

“This is MY House!”

“Not anymore! Its over Eric! Jeremy and I are leaving…he changed his last name years ago and you didn’t even notice or cared to notice. Your sons last name isn’t Ackerson anymore.. its Santana….he changed his name 11 years ago!”

“99...100..” Jeremy huffed as he finished his sit ups.

“You stupid bitch!” he hissed.

Jeremy gritted his teeth he hated that man but he promised his mother he’d stay out of it. He grabbed a rag off his night stand and wiped away the sweet that had accumulated on his abs. He licked his dry lips and took a swing from his water bottle.

“Its over Eric, c’mon don’t make this more difficult just leave.” Susan said gently.

A loud thump caught his attention. The bottle slipped from Jeremy’s sweaty hands. No he wouldn’t, he wouldn’t dare to but Jeremy could recognize that thump anywhere. His mothers piercing scream confirmed his suspicion. Jeremy dropped everything and ran like a fire was starting in his ass out his door down the steps.

“If you ever disrespect me again.” Eric threaten but didn’t finish. Jeremy grabbed his father by the back of his neck and slammed him head first into the nearest wall.

“Jeremy!” his mother yelled but Jeremy was far to furious to even register her words.

“You think you can just hit my mother you son of a bitch!” Jeremy yelled at the man who laid crumpled at his feet.

“When I get up from here.” Eric tried to threaten.

“You’ll do what?!” Jeremy yelled.

“Jeremy stop please! Your not him! Your not him!” Susan said grabbing onto her son, her protector.

“Get out of here before I forget you’re my …..father.” he spat.

“You’ll pay for this.” Eric said. The man wobbled to his feet then stumbled his way out the house.

Jeremy tried to calm his rage enough to face his crying mother. Susan stood on her knees gripping his arms while she bowed her head down in shame and cried her eyes out. Jeremy soften at the sight of his mother crumpled up before him. He slowly got on his knees and forced his mother to look at him.

“Mom…Mom look at me.”

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I should of left him years ago.” She sobbed.

“Its ok mom I understand. I’m not mad at you. I just hate him.”

“But he’s your father-”

“Who dared to put his hands on my mother.” Susan sobbed some more.

“C’mon mom lets put a steak on that to stop the swelling then we can put your woman stuff to cover the bruise.”

“Jeremy what are we going to do.” She said helplessly.

“Your going to file for a divorce, then file for a restraining order, and finally I’ll get a job part time You’ll probably have to get a second job and then once I’ve graduated I’ll be able to work full-time.”

“What about college? I want you to go to college, Jeremy.”

“Mom, we will work it out when we get there ok?”

“When did you become the parent?” she chuckled dryly.

“C’mon.” he said helping his mother up to her feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooo sorry for the gap, but as of June 1st, 2012...... I am officially a high school graduate! Your favorite author finally did it! With honors too! Once again sorry for the delay but I'm working on the next chapter now!

College starts next month so I'm trying to get as much of this story done as possible.

I hope you guys liked it! I just want you to get a feel of Jeremy's life before you guys judge him so harshly. Cause trust me you will judge him! :D

This Chapter goes out too:
peytonrowe- Sorry for the delay but thank you for the comment! I love your comments seriously they keep me going. :-)

lil_angel666- I loved your comment! It really made me laugh till I fell off my chair. I'm so happy you can get that into the story! Keep reading please :D

mymomislysolcrazy- Thank you for your comment! It made me get up off my butt and realize how long its been! So I started writing! Thank you so much!! :-) :-)