Status: Active- Short Story

A Perfect Tale

Wanna be your Boyfriend

I asked. I begged. I pleaded.

Jared asked. He even pleaded.

But the answer was still the same. No

My parents would not budge I still had to go to school. How would I face today? I knew everyone had to know by now. My SENIOR year, my last year! I would spend it hiding in the bathroom as everyone laughs at me or even shun me for being such a creep. How could I let this happen?

The car came to a slow halt.

“I’m one phone call away Sherry if you get too much crap thrown at you today call me I’ll come to get you.” Jared said squeezing my hand.

“Will you be home today? All day?” he understood what I meant by that. Will he be sober? Jared sighs and licks his lips.

“I’ll be sober all day Sherlyn.” he said seriously. I nod my head and smile.

“I’m sorry about drinking so much. I really shouldn’t I know I scared you, Adrian, Ashley, and Trevor when I come home that drunk. I won’t drink today …because my little sister needs me and I don’t want you to remember me as a drunk good for nothing on one of the days you might need me the most.” he said seriously. I hugged my brother.

“Now remember it’s probably in your locker so you might have nothing to worry about, but if someone does have it don’t show fear or nervousness tackle the situation head on and face the person like a soldier.” he finished off with a serious expression and I smile.

“Is this the type of stuff you’d tell your men?” I aske.

“Pretty much. I’d fill them with this bull and hype them up.” he said and we laughe.

“I should probably face my bull now.” I said staring at the building that has not scared me since freshmen year.

“Look you have your best friend over there ready to face it with you.” he said pointing to Samantha who had a huge grey sweater on, her hair in a sloppy pony tail and her huge glasses on.

“Samantha could be a really pretty girl if she stop using things eight times her size. She looks like a rat with those glasses.” he said. I laugh and slap my brother on the arm picked up my stuff and got out the car.

Samantha spotted me first and hurried towards me.

“Did you find it?” her squeaky voice asks.

“Not at all do you think it could be in my locker?” I try to convince myself.

“I doubt it you never put it in there.” she said killing my last hope.
I groan and pull on my brown hair that hung limply down my shoulders.

“I’m so over, Samantha.” I said to my best friend.
“Look I’m here and we are all the other one ever needs so I’ll help you brace this. Come on.” she said holding out her arm. I link mine with hers and together we enter the school.

My eyes darted everywhere nervously expecting at any second now to have someone pop out and laugh in my face or call me a creep…but it never happened.

“No one is looking at us.” I whisper to my best friend as we arrive in front of my locker.

“Like always.” she whispers back bitterly.

“No you idiot.” I huff letting go of her arm roughly.

“That’s a good thing if they were then that would mean everyone would know about the notebook.” Samantha pushes a black lock behind her ear.

“What are you going to do if it never appears?” she asks.

“Hope to someone up there in the sky that no one ever finds it till after we graduate.” I said.

“Maybe a teacher has it?” she suggested.

“I hope so.” I said slamming my locker shut and walking with Samantha to first period.

*************
Mr. Red asks us to pull out our notebooks. I look for mine but couldn’t find it.

“Dude take out your notebook.” Samantha said.

“I don’t have it.”

“He’s not going to let you go and get it.” she said.

“I know that.” I said rolling my eyes. I raise my hand.

“Yes Ms. Perry.” Mr. Red said calling on me.
“Mr. Red may I be excused to the ladies room?” I ask politely. He hands me the bathroom pass and I made my way out of the classroom.

I race down the halls trying to get to my locker on time. A white piece of paper protruded from my locker I furrow my eyebrows. I usually keep my locker very neat and clean what the hell is that?
I pull it out and open it. Letters that were cut out of a magazine and glued to the note read.

‘Want your little notebook back? Meet me at the top of the gym at 12 sharp. Don’t make me wait or the whole school will find out about your little Michael obsession.’

My heart drops down too my toes. I’m being blackmailed? Who had my notebook? And what do they want from me? I pull out my droid from my front pocket itis now 11:52 I have 8 minutes. How would I explain being gone for so long? Either skip class or have my life ruined?….. Skip class.

I ran down the hallway at top speed I need to make it to the gym on time … my senior year dependent on it. I reach the heavy , metal door at top speed. I push the door and grimace at the loud creak it makes thankfully none of the school teams were in here practicing. I run across the gym and up the stairs to the top of the gym were the track team practices. I make my way to the furthers corner and sit on a wooden bench. I play with my bathroom pass as I wait.

I looked at the time it is now 12:02 where is this person? The bell rang and it is time for lunch I just skipped the end of Anatomy. I hear a loud creak of the metal gym doors. I get up and peer over the rails of the top of the gym to see Jeremy Santana walking into the gym I roll my eyes. I sit back down he probably wants to start working out or something for the upcoming football game.

Heavy foot steeps alert me of his coming up the stairs. I stood up Jeremy smirked once he saw me and strode over cockily to me. He cross his arms across his chest and smirks.

“I’m glad you could make it Sherlyn.” he said.

“You? It was you? You have my notebook?” I ask dumbly. He raises his shirt up and pulls the notebook out from underneath his shirt.

“You mean this notebook?” he asks with a stupid smile on his face.

“The notebook in which you so lovingly write all about Michael.” he said.

“Give me back my notebook.” I growl my blood boiling. He smiles.

“What do you want Santana?” I hiss.

“Ohh feisty Perry finally found her backbone.” he said.

“Cut the crap Jeremy.” he laughs.

“Alright I’ll give you back your little notebook. Here.” He said handing it to me. I stared at him suspiciously and slowly approached him then snatched my notebook from him. He laughes.

“See I’m not such a bad guy?” he said. I flipped through the notebook.

“Did you make copies of this?” I hiss holding up the notebook. He laughes.

“Did you?” I yell losing my patience.

“Yes. I have a whole slide show with everything you wrote on that notebook ready to show to the whole entire school right here.” he said pulling out USB key logger. I launch for it but of course his reflexes being faster than mine he moved back and I failed.

“Please Jeremy don’t show anyone please.” I beg.

“Now why shouldn’t I?” he said cockily.

“Your never nice to me, you insult me, you even insult me in that damn creepy book of yours.” he hiss.

“I’ll do anything you want Jeremy. What do you want? For me to do your homework? Carry your football gear? What?” I ask. He gives me a slow smile a smile a predator gives to its prey before jumping on it and devouring it.

“I want you, Sherlyn Perry to be my girlfriend.” he said and I gap at. Did he just ask me out?
Jeremy Santana wants me to be his …..girlfriend?
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe por favor <3

Hope you guys like it! I <3 it.

Give my other stories a chance! Like this story? Read my other story What Lies Behind Ocean Ties and Open Skies.

I want to make this a 10 star story guys but I need your help! xD