My Haven

One.

A piercing scream reaches my ears. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, or rather reality may have struck me once again. Since that day I haven't been able to tell the difference. My fantasies and realities have been merging. Perhaps it was the amount of unhealthy gases and liquids passing through my throat and coursing in my lungs. I was hoping it was only because this muggle world was combining with the wizarding world. At least that's what the nerd in seat D3 had claimed. D3 by algebraic coordinates. As if the seats were labeled like a chess board.

Your lips were curved down into a frown as I took another hit. I didn't know why you kept following me. You showered me with compliments tried your best to get on my good side. You even followed me to my haven. You tagged along, frowning every time I finished a bottle of beer and reached for another or complained about my health every time I took in a deep, rich breath of the smoke that filled my lungs.

It's funny how you would freak when I only felt weak for maybe an hour or so in the morning, when really you're the one in such need for perfect health. The person who needed an aspirin when I had a bad hangover was you, and who needed a rest after such a long and tiring day? You. When I found out I was heartbroken. Like reverse psychology, your spots switched.

I ignored you. I apologize. I wish I could take it all back. I wish I did a complete u-turn before things went downhill. When I found out I wanted to scream. I'm scared now. I never felt like this. Before, I didn't care if someone was watching me behind a bush as I laid awake on the dead grass. Now I was paranoid. It felt even more empty without you.

What's wrong with you?

What's wrong with me?