Hurt

Smoking

He left his burning cigarette on the windowsill she coughed loudly. The cough sounded like a lung or another vital organ was going to come sputtering out dirtying the pristine tiles. He glared at the tiny girl her limp hair fell colorless against her pale skin, his strong olive toned hand reached out. The sound rang clear throughout the tiny room a red mark was accentuated by her pastel skin. His green eyes were black with anger she curled into herself.

She coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed some more. The smell was in her every pore stuck to the clothing, coated her lungs, the walls rank of the disgusting smell. She couldn’t stop smelling it her nose seemed to hold onto the scent. She shook her legs tangling in the sheets her brown hair is matted to her forehead. Sweat trickles down her neck her she opens her eyes her breath coming out in pants.

She felt a pair of familiar blue eyes trained on her she didn’t need to look to know they were filled with worry. A soft hand rested on her arm a whisper in the night Are you ok?She wasn’t she shook her head the boy beside her wrapped her arms around her pulling her close. He whispered comforting words until she feel into an uneasy slumber. The routine never changed every night, night after night after night. The boy never seemed to mine he just wanted her to become comfortable around him.

It had been two years since she had been abused by the man but she still hadn’t recovered. The boy wanted her to trust him knowing he would never hurt her like the man. The boy was a good man he dealt with her episodes instead of leaving to find someone less work. He made sure she never smelled tobacco when she bravely ventured out of house.

The girl’s wide hazel orbs filled with tears she wept through the night. Finally ridding herself of everything the bad man had given her none were good. The boy held her kissing her sweaty forehead proclaiming his love in whispers. She cried and cried and cried no one seemed to love her more than the boy who had her arms around her. The girl had taken a chance the boy was the horrible man’s younger brother. The older brother was six years older than the girl and boy at twenty eight .

The boy cut all his ties with his brother. He had hurt this beautiful girl with her wide, hazel eyes, brown hair, tan skin, curvy body. He had crushed her spirit she was no longer outgoing, funny truth be told she had no personality anymore. The man had been married to this beautiful girl for a whole two years he hadn’t loved her once in that year. The boy had always loved the girl but his brother had caught her attention first.

The boy and girl loved each other the girl got help. She still couldn’t stand tobacco she wanted to vomit at the smell. The brother was in jail for years to come the maximum time. Their children were beautiful the girl with jet black hair like her father, her father’s pale skin, and her mother’s eyes. Their boy had the father’s eyes but everything else was dominated by his mother’s genes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh? Not my best.