I Would Die for You

001

Tear stains and makeup were streaked on my face. I was looking at someone I didn’t recognize. The girl in the mirror looked haunted. Her eyes were blood-shot. I sighed and heard yelling. The couple who lived next door was arguing again. I was so tired of living in this piece of shit apartment, but unfortunately, it’s all I could afford.

I heard my best friend’s, well ex best friend, band come on the radio. The song that had helped me get through so much began to play.

I never meant to be the one
Who kept you from the dark
But now I know my wounds are sewn
Because of who you are
I will take this burden on
And become the holy one
But remember I am human
And I'm bound to sing this song
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed I am here
Savior
Will be there
When are feeling along, oh
A Savior
for all that you do
So you live freely
Without their harm
So here I write my lullaby
To all the lonely ones
Remember as you learn to try
To be the one you love
So I can take this pen
And teach you how to live
What is left unsaid
the greatest gift I give
So hear my voice
Remind you not to bleed
I am here
Savior
Will be there
When are feeling alone, oh
A Savior
For all that you do
So you live freely
Without their harm
When I hear your cries
Praying for light
I will be there
I will always be there


Once the song was over, more tears were forcing themselves out of my sore, puffy eyes. I sighed. I missed him so fucking much. I wish he still was my best friend. I thought back to the day it happened.

I laughed as I watched Andy make a funny face. The band was doing a sound check and I was watching. Once they finished, Andy came over to me and wrapped his arms around my small frame.

“Skye, I love you!” Andy said in a funny voice. I grinned and said,

“I love you too, Andrew.” He groaned.

“Don’t call me Andrew.” He whined. I giggled as he began to tickle me.

“Ok, I won’t call you Andrew anymore!” I squealed. He laughed and said,

“Better not.” I shook my head. I saw Scout walking up to us. I mentally groaned.

“Andy, what are you doing?” She asked with a snobby tone. I rolled my eyes and said,

“It’s called hanging with his best friend.” She glared at me and said,

“I wasn’t talking to you, Skylar. So please, shut the hell up.” I glared and stood up.

“You know, what? I’ve held back a lot since you started dating Andy. Fuck you, you stupid whore.” She laughed, no humor tracing the sound.

She then smirked and turned to Andy.

“Baby, did you know Skylar here has been doing drugs? Oh and she started cutting again.” I gaped at her. That was fucking bull shit! I pushed her and growled at her.

“What the fuck are you talking about? All if that is complete bull shit, Scout.” I said the pathetic girl. She sneered at me, and then suddenly smirked. She was looking behind me. I turned around and saw that Andy was pissed off.

“Skye, what the fuck? You promised to give up all that shit!” He exploded. My eyes widened.

“Andy, I swear to god that I’m not doing any of it!” I said desperately. He snorted and walked away. Before he got too far, he turned and said,

“Don’t talk to me anymore. We aren’t friends.” Those words hurt, but not as much as the coldness and venom that laced the words. I felt my heart shatter to pieces then. Scout smirked again as she went to catch up with Andy. She wrapped an arm around his waist and gave me one last look.


I sighed as I wrapped my skinny arms around my small body. I looked at the bag of white powder on the table in front of me. I sighed and let my inner demon take control. I made out a few lines of coke and snorted them, the familiar burning comforting me. I let the high take over my body. It was the only thing that made me happy anymore. I sighed happily as I sat back. I looked down at my wrists. Years of cutting showed up on them. I heard a noise and started to freak.

I heard knocking and a voice. I felt my jaw drop in shock as I recognized that voice. It couldn’t be him though. I jumped up and tried to sober up a bit. I fixed my hair a little bit before walking slowly to the door.

I stared through the peephole and nearly had a heart attack. There standing on the other side of my shitty apartment door was the man I loved. It was Andy.

I opened the door and took in his appearance. He looked so fucking good. He had let his hair grow out longer. I took in his face, trying to commit it to memory.

“Skye.” He breathed out. I felt my knees get shaky. I looked everywhere but his eyes. I heard him start to cry. I then looked into his magnificent eyes. They were the most beautiful things in the whole damn world.

“Andy, what are you doing here?” I asked in my gravelly voice. I hadn’t talked much since we went our separate ways. He stepped forward and placed a hand out to me. I looked at it for what seemed a lifetime before grabbing it and placing my hand in his. They fit together perfectly. We walked into my apartment. I shut the door and went to the couch that was falling apart. I sat down.

Andy sat next to me and hugged me tightly. I could feel his body shake as sobs wracked through his body. I held him close to me, my own tears going down my face. I don’t know how long we sat like that, connected.

With one swift move, Andy captured my lips with his. I felt so much passion and love in that kiss. I wrapped my arms around hic neck, not breaking the wonderful kiss.

Andy laid me down and placed his larger body upon mine. Our hands touched every part. Soon, our clothes were nothing but a heap on the floor. Andy looked into my eyes and whispered,

“Skye, will you love me forever?” I nodded and said,

“Forever, Andy.” He then connected our bodies, ultimately making them one. Through every gasp, friction, pleasure and touch, Andy whispered how he would never leave me again.

As we finished together, I looked into Andy’s eyes and whispered,

“Andy, I’ve got something important to tell you.” He nodded for me to continue. I swallowed the bile that was threatening to come up. I took a deep breath and said,

“I’ve only got three months left to live. I have cancer, Andy.” I watched as tears slowly formed in his blue eyes. He held me close to him and whispered,

“I’ll still be with you forever.” I smiled through the tears and kissed him softly, the feelings of love growing ten-fold. I could love this man for the rest of my life.

***

Andy and the rest of his band stood around the hospital bed I was currently laying in. I smiled at them weakly. I could feel that I was about to leave soon. I had actually made it almost a year longer than the doctors thought. I looked at my husband.

Tears were in his beautiful eyes. I felt myself start to cry. I cleared my throat the best I could, pain attacking my body as I struggled to sit up a bit.

“Andy. Come closer please.” I whispered softly to him. He came close to me. I gave him one last passionate kiss and whispered,

“Andy, I will always be with you, baby. Please, continue to live your life and make music for the fans, for me. I’ll always watch over you and the guys. It’s time.” He let out a sob. I laced our fingers together and squeezed his large hand.

“Goodbye, guys.” I struggled to get out. I closed my eyes for the last time. I then faded from this life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Black Veil Brides owns Savior

Check out my contest! iPod Shuffle Challenge