Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

You See How I Arrive

Laying in bed, I looked over at my clock that flashed 3AM at me. I rolled my eyes and turned away from it. I'd been laying there for an hour already and I still couldn't sleep. This hour still gave me the creeps, after finding out why it was called the witching hour. I got really paranoid at this time of night, but mostly it was just my mind playing little tricks on me.
another 30 minutes went by, and I still couldn't sleep, but I heard a tapping on the glass slider door in my room that lead to the yard.. I was honestly scared to death, who taps on someone's window at 3:30 in the morning? Especially in the pouring rain like this. I put it off as the bush or something, and tried to go back to sleep, but the noise came again. I looked over to the door and walked over to it cautiously, and suddenly felt like the dumb blond girl in all of the horror films that walk towards the creepy noise.
I pulled open the drape and found that the tapping came from Nick. Why was he here at such an ungodly hour? In the rain? And why hadn't I heard his car pull in? I quickly opened the door and let him in, he was soaking wet and water kept dripping on the floor. I honestly didn't mind, I was too worried about why he was in my room at this hour.
"Nick! What are you doing?" I asked, in a hushed tone so Carly wouldn't hear me and wake up in her room.
"To be honest, I'm not even sure i know why I ran all the way here.." He admitted. Wait.. He ran?
"What? You mean tot tell me you ran here? Do you know how far away you live form here?" I asked, as if he were dumb.
"Well, if I didn't before I sure do know!" He said, smiling. "Did I wake you?" He asked, his smiled faded already.
"No. I was already awake. But you did scare the shit out of me!" I said, playfully hitting his arm.
The smile returned to his face and he stepped closer to me. Was he seriously doing this for a third time? What was the deal? Not that I was complaining.. "What are you.." I started to ask, but he never let me finish.
He pressed his lips softly against mine, making my hands sort of shaky and my heart to beat faster. He made me nervous, there was no denying that. Even though he was soaked, he wrapped his arms around my whole body, leaving on of my hands to stay on his chest, and the other found it's way to his neck and lightly play with his dripping wet hair.
This would normally piss me off. I always thought that if a dude came to my house at this late at night just to make out like they do in the movies, that I would get pissed. Especially now, because he's drenched with rain water and I was forced to take a shower now. I wasn't mad in the least. I was actually half swooning right there. Somehow, he had a way with doing things that would normally infuriate me and making me love it instead.
As the kiss grew longer, he left one arm around me and cupped my face with his other hand. I found myself feeling like those cheesy movie stars pretended to feel, and realized that those actresses sucked. The way they portrayed this on TV and movies, was nothing like it actually felt. I knew I was lucky to be in this moment, most women never get that kind of passion.
The one thing I couldn't wrap my brain around, was why he was taking, or seemed to be taking, such an interest in me. He was terribly upset about his wife, but he ran to my house to kiss me? It was something I couldn't understand for the life of me, but I obviously was not going to ruin this moment to talk about his wife.
Soon, our innocent kisses turned into a full on make out. I was shocked, and a little disoriented at this. I obviously knew he was capable of making out, but I did not expect what I got. It was way better then what I expected, and I thought I gave him pretty high standards in my mind.
We stumbled around a little, avoiding my bed as to not get it wet. He knew I didn't want to change the sheets. How considerate.The thought of that made me smile, which made him smile, which led to us giggling like lunatics , and ended with us separating and sitting on the floor, up against the wall, side by side.
"What is happening right now?" I asked, turning my face to look at him.
He turned toward me and tried to answer. "I.. Don't know." He admitted. He didn't seem to look ashamed or guilty about it. He looked at me as if.. Admiring me.
"Well, what do we do?" I asked, referring to us, asking if we really had any chance of dating. I knew it was too soon to ask, but I had to know. I knew damn well he understood what I meant and what I was talking about, but he answered as if he didn't have a care in the world.
"Uhm.. We... Say fuck it and do it again?" He said, more like asked. I blushed and a huge smile crossed my face. He was kind of adorable.
He half crawled over me and hovered over my face before smiling and resuming what I though we'd just ended. I could tell you right then, that I was sold. I knew, at that moment, I'd do anything for this man. I loved seeing him smile, and hearing his laugh was even better. I thought I should feel like a rebound, but I didn't. I'd been a rebound before and it was obvious. If I was his rebound, then he played it off damn well that I wasn't. At that point though, I didn't care if I was a rebound or make out buddy or whatever. I just wanted his lips on mine. That's all that mattered to me.
When we eventually broke off, we just stared at each other, a little out of breath. I smiled and messed up in hair a little. "You need a shower." And he did. It wasn't that he smelled bad or anything, he was just covered in gross rain water, and I figured he was to be grossed out by it, because it was on me too and I was grossed out. But it was worth it.
"What are you trying to say?" He teased.
"Nothing!" I laughed. "I'm just sure you're freezing and a little grossed out by all the dry rain water."
"I'm sorry." He cooed. I never really saw him coo before, but I melted. Big time. His cooing was adorable and I no matter how wrong it was, I didn't even care that he was still married. I knew denying the way I felt about him would only make the situation worse, so I decided it'd be best to admit it, to myself at least. But not to him yet. Even though it was obvious that I liked him, I wasn't going to tell him that yet, but I'd gladly show him.
"I'm sorry.." I stuttered. "But that was.. Kind of.. Adorable.." I admitted. What was I doing? I just agreed to myself that I would NOT tell him?!
"Yeah?" He asked, shyly.
"Mhm." I answered. "Go shower." I said smoothly, reaching into my laundry basket and thrusting a towel at my bathroom door.
He started at me for another second, but did what he was told. After I heard the shower turn on, I grabbed my pillow and silently squeeled into it like a stupid teenage girl. I felt so immature, but I couldn't really help it. He was just.. I didn't even have words.
I remember that I still Hadn't gotten the chance to listen to the cd he gave me, so I put it in the player and started listening. I found it incredible and could not believe that he sang like that. I knew he'd be a great singer, but damn. Not what I expected. He was just full of surprises, wasn't he?
I leaned up against the wall on my bed and turned so my left side was leaning on the wall, instead of my back.I felt my eyes get heavy and sleep started to consume me, but I refused to let it.
A few minutes later Nick came out of the bathroom, wearing just the black skinny jeans he came in. He must have put them over the vent while he showered because they were mostly dry.
"Falling asleep Marley?" He teased.
A smile spread across my face and I opened my tired eyes to look at him. "Of course not." I lied. I got up and took a shower without saying anything else to him. I came back out about 20 minutes later in dry PJ's, and Nick was sitting on my bed messing with his phone.
"Twitter huh?" I asked, as he smiled at the comment.
"Yeah. How'd you guess?" His sarcasm crept through the sentence.
"Who would you be texting at 4am?" I had a valid point and he knew it.
"Whatever Marley." He said, looking back down at his phone to turn off the light on it. "Get over here." I knew he was being playful, so I wasn't worried that he was mad.
I went to my bad and sat down, but before I could lay down, Nick had shut off my lamp and wrapped his arms around me from behind. It was so familiar to me. I had no idea where I'd felt something like this before.
I looked at his slightly tattooed arms, and realized.. This was from my dream. The whole room was pitch black except for the little bit of light that came through the window, and I saw that the only difference between reality and my dream, was that Nick wasn't wearing that gray shirt I met him in. I was so mindblown by this that I didn't even realize it when he pulled me down to him so we could cuddle. I melted into his arms without any question.
"Go to sleep Marley." Nick cooed after a few minutes of me just silently laying there. That coo.. I could barely handle it. I'd never felt more like jello.
♠ ♠ ♠
^.^ Sooo I hope you liked that. This was hard for me to write because I wasn't sure if the transition of Nick's feelings would weird anyone out, because he got sudden;y happy and coo-y. BUT. Don't expect it to stay that way. You have to remember the foreshadowing and Johnny's speech!! <3 THANKS FOR READING!! .. Well that wasn't supposed to be in all caps... Oh well.. :3