Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

I'm Out Of Luck

"Bye dad!" I called as I left my dad's house. I lived in an apartment a few miles away, but I came to my dad's house every week to check up on him and take care of him. You see, my dad was very sick. He was diagnosed with cancer when I was young, and I was surprised he was still alive. My mom was never around when I was growing up, something about wanting to live her life and a kid would weigh her down. I didn't mind though. I had my dad, and that's all I needed.
I got in my car and drove to the little cafe I worked at, already dressed in what I was supposed to wear. When I walked into the cafe, I was greeted by my best friend, Carly.
"Hey Marley!" She said, stopping so she could talk to me.
"Hi Carly." I smiled. She always found it funny that our names rhymed, it was why we became friends back in elementary school. She thought it;d be cool to have a best friend with the same name as her, I guess I was as close as she could get! But ever since then, we've loved each other like sisters. My dad always called us the trouble twins, because we were always together, running through my house, raising hell.
"How's dad?" She asked.
"He's okay. Not the best. But he's fighting." My smile faded away, but Carly made sure it didn't stay gone for long.
"What a trooper!" She exclaimed in her overly happy tone she always carried. My smile returned.
"I guess." I said. I clocked in and started working, just like I'd been dong the past year.
Carly and I also lived together in that apartment, making it easier to pay the bills. We never fought, and when it seemed like we would, Carly would always find a way to make everything better. Living with her was great!
***
Later that night, Carly and I drove home and flopped on our couch. "I'm bored." She said, not 2 minutes after sitting there.
"I swear you have ADD." I giggled.
"Ha! You're telling me! Let's make cookies!" She got up and ran to the kitchen. I didn't know how she had the energy.
I was glad we never had to make dinner, seeing as our boss was nice and said we can eat what we want as long as we cook it ourselves.
I could hear Carly from the kitchen, just singing away by herself. I wished I could have her happy nature. I walked into the kitchen to help her make cookies.
The batter was already made by the time I could walk over. "That was fast! How'd you do that?!" I asked, shocked.
"It's talent." She winked. "I suddenly don't want to bake these.." She said, then handed me a spoon.
"No problem!" I said excitedly, taking the spoon. We both went back to the couch and decided to watch Nightmare On Elm Street.
"You know what Marley?" She said, after about an hour.
"What?" I looked over at her.
"You need a boyfriend." She said, blunt as ever. I blushed.
"No way. Guys don't really like me, plus what do I need a boyfriend for right now? It's not like I want to get married to anyone any time soon or have kids yet.." This was normal. Carly had a boyfriend, Jacky. He was sweet, I liked him and was happy for her, but I didn't consider dating anyone myself. There were no guys that I talked to, or made an effort to talk to. I constantly made up excuses as to why I didn't want relationship, but I knew deep down they were all bullshit. I wanted a relationship just as much as the next 21 year old girl, but I was too focused on other things to think about dating.
"Well it's nice to have a guy around! Someone to call or text, someone who will tell you they love you, or cuddle on a rainy day. It's awesome if you find the right guy." She tried to convince me.
"I know it is. But the right guy will come along... Eventually. I think if I'm supposed to be with someone, I'll be with him. I'll know if I'm supposed to be with someone, and I don't think I'll really have to look for him, I think he'll come to me."
"Fate huh?" She said, unamused.
"Something like that." I smiled. "But, because we're talking about boyfriends, I"m sure yours is on his way, right?" I knew her all too well.
"Yeah." She laughed. We both burst out into laughter, knowing I knew exactly where she was going with the whole conversation.
Ironically enough, next thing I knew Jacky was knocking on the door. Carly jumped up and answered the door, even though she sort of pushed him outside so I didn't have to sit there and watch them make out. Thank you Carly.
They eventually came back in, holding hands, and sat next to me on the couch, Carly in the middle.
"Hi Marley." Jacky smiled at me over Carly.
"Ha, hi Jacky." I smiled back.
"Cookie dough? I though chicks only ate cookie dough when they were sad?" He asked.
"No silly!" Carly started.
"Were you just too lazy to bake them?" He laughed.
Carly got a funny look on her face, suggesting she did. "Maaybe.." She winked.
Their flirting was cute, but it always made me jealous, not because I liked Jacky or anything, but because I didn't have that. She was right, I did need a boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! So here's chapter two!! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT. Haha. :P But yeah, here's Marley's first chapter. I really hope you like her. I didn't want her to be overly happy (Like Carly) but I didn't want her to be as upset and sad as Nick. I hope I made her likable, I know a lot of people hate girl character (Which is why gay/slash is so popular) Tell me if you like her, and if you don't tell me why so I can fix her. <3 Thanks!!! Comments are appreciated.

ps. In case you didn't notice, all the chapter titles are Get Scared lyrics/song names. :) Just thought I'd let you know