Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

You Better Bite Your Tongue

Nick took me to my new home, which was something I'd been wishing for for a long time. I got settled in and my stuff unpacked, which didn't take as long as it would have without the help of Nick. I couldn't help but coo over everything he did, in my mind at least.
I found myself hopelessly in love, and that was something I promised myself I'd never say. I thought cliche lines like that were only meant for movies, but apparently they could be used in real life as well.
"Enough now, let's watch a movie." I suggested as Nick stopped cleaning up.
"Alright then. What movie?" He smiled.
"Batman?" I knew he wasn't a big fan of comic movies like that, but by the look on his face, he'd give in.
"Alright.." Told you.
A huge grin reached my face and I ran to get it from my bag. I heard a knock on the front door and Nick answered.
"Hey man! You busy?" It wasn't a voice I knew.
"Not really. I was just going to watch a movie with Marley. What's up?" He answered.
"Dan, Lloyd, and Johnny bailed on me and left me at home. Can I chill with you guys?" He asked. Who was at the door?
"Oh, sure man. I'm sure Marley won't mind." He sounded a bit unsure. He probably thought I'd be mad at him. I was a little sad that we couldn't have our night, but we'd have other nights.
"How about you ask your girl instead of guessing?" He laughed.
"Hold on." He said. "Marley? Hey babe!" he called, coming into our room.
"Uh yeah?" I stood up, movie in hand.
"TJ wants to know if he can hang with us tonight. The other guys ditched him." He sounded like he felt bad for him.
"Who is TJ?" I had no idea. I never even heard the name before.
"He's our new bassist. I didn't tell you? I'm sorry. I guess my mind has been a bit taken over by all the stress." I easily understood where he was coming from. My mind wasn't the most clear either.
"Oh, uhm sure." I smiled, knowing it would make him happy.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah! We'll have our night soon, just not tonight I guess." I giggled.
"Thanks honey." He quickly pulled me to him, kissing me, then smiled and left the room. He always left me in a funny state of mind; pure happiness. He could do no wrong in my mind, at the moment.
I went out to the living room where a really attractive guy, who was obviously TJ, plopped down on the couch. He had thin, black, almost perfect hair and an obviously well kept body. "Hey." I greeted, sitting next to Nick.
"Hey there pretty lady." He said, is if it were a casual or common greeting to a friend's girlfriend. I blushed, not knowing what to think of it. "Tj." He said, sticking out his hand to shake.
"Marley." I shook his hand and there was a certain look in his eyes that I wasn't too sure about. Nick seemed a bit annoyed, and I wasn't sure why.
I out in the movie and sat back in my place, cuddling up to Nick like usual. I couldn't stay focused on the movie at all though, with TJ and Nick's comments and talking. I had to admit, I liked it when Nick talked or hummed or even sang while I was resting on his chest. There was something very calming about it, but TJ's input didn't help at all. I couldn't keep my mind off of him for no reason at all. I wasn't even sure what to do. I felt like I was in a tizzy or about to get myself into trouble.
Throughout the whole night, TJ constantly made comments about me, flattering ones, but Nick didn't seem to be too happy about it. I wasn't sure how to react to the compliments, so I just smiled and said my thanks then went on with whatever it was we were doing. At first I felt uncomfortable about it, but after a while I warmed up to it and didn't really mind. It was nice hearing things like that, not that Nick didn't tell me nice things.
At around 2am, I yawned and looked at the time. "It's really late. I'm going to go to bed, do you want me to wait up for you?" I asked Nick.
"You can if you want, yeah. I'll be there in a few minutes." He smiled.
"Okay." I looked over at TJ who was laying down on the couch, looking bored. "Good night TJ." I tried to make it simple by not making full eye contact, but that was hard to avoid with someone like him.
He sat up on the couch and held out a hand to me. I wasn't sure what to do so I just waited for him to speak, which didn't take long. "Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." He quoted. I was surprised to see someone like him quoting Romeo And Juliet. I thought he was the type that couldn't tell you who wrote Romeo And Juliet. Apparently not.
I was slightly impressed, but just laughed. "You are such a tool." I decided to say. I figured that was safe.
"Yeah well." He said, laying back down. The look on his face told me that he knew exactly what I was thinking. Oh no..
I went to bed, but I could faintly hear what they were saying once I shut the door. "What the hell man?" I heard Nick say. He was obviously mad.
"What?" He asked, as if he had no idea.
"Don't give me that. Romeo And Juliet? Are you kidding me? I'd tell you how awesome it was if it weren't my girlfriend you were hitting on!" I heard a slight hitting sound, Nick had probably hit TJ with a pillow.
"Oh come on man! You always tell me to go for it when I really like a chick." He pointed out.
"Yeah, and you should. But not my girlfriend! She is the only woman on this planet that I won't let you touch. You keep your comments to yourself man. Do not try to get her in bed. Do. Not." He warned.
"Oh dude.. You're so possessive! Why can't you just let me have fun with her then I'll give her back!" That had to have been the dumbest thing I'd ever heard.
"Are you serious right now? You better be kidding.." Nick warned again. I found it kind of cute that he was being defensive, but I was a bit sad that TJ probably wouldn't be talking to me much anymore.
"Whatever dude. Can I crash here?" He asked.
"I don't care, but if you keep hitting on Marley, I will shove my fist so far down your throat.." Another threat.
"Alright alright! Boundaries! Got it." He didn't seem genuine, but Nick seemed to accept it.
"Okay. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed." I heard him get up and start walking to the room.
"Okay, but if you bang her.. Can I join?" I couldn't believe he was asking that after what Nick just said.
"No! You can't!" Nick retorted, almost in a shrill tone. He was pissed and I knew it. But, oddly enough, I was a bit happy about that. That meant violent kisses, which was a rarity.
He opened the door and slammed it behind him. "You okay?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know anything.
"Yeah. TJ is stupid, that's all. I'm sorry. Don't let him hit on you, I give you full permission to kill him." He sounded incredibly annoyed. He took his spot next to me and I started playing with his hair.
"I know, it's annoying, but trust me.. You have nothing to worry about." I reassured.
"I know I don't, but he still can't do that."
"Shh. Sleep now. We'll talk about it when you don't want to kill him." I laughed.
And with that, the conversation ended and I got my special kisses, but that was all. We both felt weird about doing anything else with TJ so close. So we just slept, hoping that TJ wouldn't be there all day the nest day. But I secretly didn't mind his company...
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY THERE! So I know Nick isn't in Get Scared anymore, obviously, and I know all about Joel, blah blah blah. And in all honesty, I want to keep this going, but I don't know how right it is that I continue. Give me your opinion. I mean, if I keep going I'll have to update slower because of my other active story, but is it better than nothing? You tell me. And in case you all didn't notice, I may have gotten a pretty good idea ^-^ <3 So thank you to all of those who stayed subscribed and will continue to read this.
ATTENTION VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE FANS:
I've been writing a Michael Vampire fan fic for a while now and I'd LOVE for you to read it! That one is usually the one I focus on, and I think it's awesome, if I do say so myself. So please read that if you like VE :)