Status: Working on it. Yet To make Layout.

But I Love You

Boy Meets Boy

"Andy, honey, it's time to wake up." I felt a hand on my shoulder, and opened my eyes to my mother's beautiful face. Smiling up at her, I slowly rubbed away my sleep and stretched.

"Hey mom. What's up?" I asked, sitting up and kicking bed. After checking the time on my dresser, I sighed, remembering what I had to do today. Don't get me wrong, I love reading to the children at the hospital. They are so sweet and It makes me happy to see their little eyes light up in joy when I do the "Big Bad Wolf Voice". I just get so tired sometimes. I know reading isn't tiring or anything but it is when it's all you do. I get my break every thirty minutes, but I have no one to talk to. All the kids my age at the hospital don't come out of their rooms or are on the computer constantly. I just really wish I had someone to hang out with.

"Do you want to skip today?" My mother asked, noticing my sigh. She had gotten off my bed and walked to my closet beginning to find something for me to wear. She was rummaging through clothes and I waited patiently for her to come back near me. She took a seat, handing me a pair of jeans and a dress shirt. Lifting her eyebrows, she pushed me for an answer. "So?"

"Mom you know the answer. I would never skip a day! I love those kids to death." I jumped from my bed and began to get dressed. Looking back at my mother, I began to feel bad for her. All she has is me and I'm never here. If I'm not at school, I'm at the hospital. If not the hospital, then I'm doing homework. I'm always busy. Then, when I'm free my mom has work. Ever since my dad left a few years back my mom and I became attached at the hip. We got along well when she had a husband but It's different now. When I need a friend she's there, just as a friend. But when I need a mom, she's both.

I finished getting dressed and took the spot next to my mother. "I'm sorry mom. I don't mean to be gone so much." I leant my head on her shoulder and she pushed me playfully with a laugh.

"Oh quit it. I don't mind. You act like you are the adult always at work, and I'm the child craving attention." She laughed and stood up, me following her moves. "Don't worry about me Andy. Do what makes you happy. As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

I pulled my mom into a hug and she kissed my head. "Have a good day love."

"You too." I nodded. I left the room and walked down stairs, grabbing a apple on the way out.

Today's going to be a good day. I can feel it already!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally after reaching the hospital I was pumped and ready to go. I walked into the front office, getting read to sign in, when I saw a boy around my age sitting in my usual chair. His feet were curled up under him and his head was tucked so tight into his Charmander doll that all I could see was a grey beanie peaking out from under it. Hoping that this was the reason for my good feeling, I quickly signed my name onto the volunteer sheet, waving hi to to clerk, and walked over to the chair. "Hey, you awake?" I asked quietly, poking the guy in the side. He immediately flinched, sitting up straight.

"O-oh. Hi." He rubbed his blue eyes, much like I had this morning, and then looked up at me. "Sorry do you need a place to sit?" He asked, a small smile on his face. Forgetting I was talking to him I just stared, observing what he looked like. He was slightly pale, and pretty thin. To my surprise though, he actually seemed pretty muscular. I let my gaze slip down to his wrist, seeing if I could find the familiar plastic band around it that indicated he was a patient. When I found it I gave a small smile, knowing I was right to come over here.

"Hello! Dude you there?" I felt a thud on my head and frowned, snapping out of my daze.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hi, I'm Andy Murray. Nice to meet you." I bent to his level, sticking my hand out with a grin, and gave a small laugh. This guy made me kind of nervous. He's pretty cute.

Taking my offer, the boy smiled at me and grinned back. "I'm Bobby. Bobby Oliver. The pleasure's mine." My cheeks turned red and I looked down, finding the orange Charmander in my face.

"I like your animal. Those things are the bomb!" I was a total Pokemon nerd. I couldn't help commenting but when I saw the guys face drop I knew it was a bad idea.

"Thanks." He muttered, looking down. "My older brother got it for me when he came from college. I mean, I like it and all. It just reminds me of him and I really miss him when he leaves."

"Hey." I set my hand on Bobby's shoulder in a comforting way and smiled. "Cheer up. If you look so down you will scare the kids away."

Bobby began beaming and he stuck his tongue out. "You're so mean, Andy."

"Why, thank you Bobby. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to sit in my chair so I can read. The kids will be here in like any second." I gestured toward the chair and raised my eyebrows with a smirk.

Bobby smiled and yawned, snuggling into the material of the soft blue seat, and closed his eyes with a sigh. "I don't know. I'm pretty comfortable. I mean, I'm so tired and there's no where to sit but the floor. I would feel so small sitting down there with the children."

Laughing, I stuck out my tongue and decided I wouldn't try to move him. Usually when the kids do this I pick them up, tossing them to the ground as they giggle and squirm. It was pretty fun so I didn't mind. But with him, that's something different. He's too big to pick up, I mean he could pick me up, but yeah not the issue here. I glared Bobby as he got super comfortable and he peeked at me from his lids, sticking his tongue at me. Finally, i came up with an idea and put it into action.

I began walking closer and Bobby's eyes opened all the way, his face making a curious expression. Before doing what I planned, I gave Bobby a smile and lifted his Charmander. I handed to him and he picked it up over his head, causing me to laugh. "Ready to see my plan?" I smiled.

"Yep." Bobby opened his arms as if to say 'what now', giving me the perfect opening. I plopped right into his lap, almost falling off until he wrapped his arms around me. "Got it?" He asked with a blush. I could tell he didn't mind me sitting on him but the blush made me feel bad. I didn't mean to embarrass him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-" I was cut off by the sound of children running down the hall, screaming my name.

A little girl I recognized as Elizabeth, walked straight up to me and gave me a smile. "Hey Andy! Is this your boyfriend?" She squeaked, waving at Bobby.

"U-u-hm." I stammered and Bobby saved me.

"We are just friends hon." He replied, making Liz blush at her nickname. "You hear for story time?" He asked. Liz nodded eagerly and pointed at the other kids that were sitting on the floor in front of us.

"What are you going o read us Andy?" She asked me. Still a little flustered I held out a finger not answering her in fear of my words jumbling. I bent down to pick up my book of the floor and Bobby held me, as not to let me fall.

Showing Liz the book, I grinned and she jumped up and down. "Miss Spider!" She squealed. Read it. Read it!" Elizabeth went to her seat on the carpet and I opened the book and cleared my throat. That's when I heard something amazing. In a loud clear voice Bobby read the title, pulling the book from my hands with a smile. He leaned in to my ear and I felt his breath touch my cheek.

"Mind if I read this one cutie?" He whispered, causing me to giggle uncontrollably. Not able to give an answer I nodded my head up and down fast, making myself look like a bobble head. "Okay let's start." Bobby's grip tightened on me and I leaned into his chest, making my breath even with him. I know what you're thinking. Why are you throwing yourself at him? Well I'm not. I flirted and he flirted back so obviously he's interested. He seems sweet and I don't mean anything by cuddling up to him. It's just the way I am. I can't help it.

Closing my eyes, I listened to Bobby speak, hearing his voice through his chest. It was magical and I was so content that I couldn't help what happened next. I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
like i said this is for a contest! Hope you like it <3 I still have to make the layout and write the next few chapters but this is the beginning.