Status: Let's see where this leads...

I Thought You Forgot About Me

Chapter Fourteen - Today Is The Day

Today was the day. Today, not tomorrow, and not next week, today! Today was the day that I was going on my first ever tour. And I for one cannot be any more excited.

I was on the phone all day with my mom, catching up and sharing my excitement with her. I was also in contact with Nick and Janice. Janice was more about telling me her expectation of me for the tour; how I can't do anything bad to make her look terrible. It was really frustrating but I endured the conversation none-the-less. I talked with Nick for a bit on the phone, he was telling me that he was going out with Ramona so he couldn’t chat for long. I pushed away any unnerving feelings and wished him good luck with her, to which he just laughed.

My alarm went off at 3:35am this morning. I wanted to press snooze so bad but I knew today was the day that we were leaving, and I cannot waste any time by being lazy and not wanting to get up.

Everything was packed; I looked around my room of the apartment and it almost looked like I was moving. There were absolutely nothing left except for my vanity, my bed, side tables and a picture Dylann painted for me as a going away present.

I walked over to my pink suitcase that was near my bedroom door, and picked up the outfit that was set out for the day. My outfit consisted of dark jeans, a very loud yellow top, black heels and a cardigan to put on when on the plane, in case it gets cold. I simply curled my hair and put minimal make up on.

I looked over to the clock on my bedside table and it read 4:17am. I had fifteen minutes to get my entire luggage down to the first floor and into the car that would take me to the airport; which was where I would be meeting Janice, Quince, Nick, Mr. Jonas and the band.

I walked out of my bedroom, dragging my now closed suitcase down the hallway and around the corner, into the living room. I had my other 4 suitcases already packed and ready to go in the foyer. I took one more look around my vacant apartment before heading out into the hall with my luggage. Lynda had sent up one of those luggage carts that they have in hotels to help bring all of my suitcases down the elevator and into the car.

I walked past Larry, waving him goodbye as I wait in the courtyard for my car to arrive. Honestly, I could have driven myself and just got someone to pick up my car, but Mr. Jonas insisted on having a car pick me up, to take me to the airport.

A limo pulled up in front of the building, right on time. I walked towards the gate, pulling the cart behind me. The driver got out of the car and walked around to greet me, but I was paying attention to controlling the crazy cart with all of my suitcases on it that I didn’t see who the driver was until they spoke.

“Good morning Miss Davis. May I help you with that?” The gentle voice asked. I turned around and smiled widely.

“Hubert! How are you?” I exclaimed. He smiled and nodded his head.

“I am doing well Miss Davis, thank you for asking. Now, I can put your luggage in the trunk if you want to get comfortable in the back.” He said grabbing hold of the luggage cart.

“I don’t mind Hubert, I’ll help.” I smiled. I could tell that he wanted to argue with me but he just smiled and shook his head as we both walked off of the sidewalk and behind the limo to place the suitcases in the trunk.

We got all of them in except my last suitcase. Hubert tried moving all of the other suitcases around and I did too, but nothing seemed to fit.

“I really did pack too much.” I commented more to myself but Hubert over heard.

“That’s alright Miss Davis, is it alright if we just put it in the back with you? I think there is enough room. If you want I can call for another ca-” I interrupted him.

“Hubert, you can call me Harmony. It’s alright. And the luggage and hangout with me in the back, I don’t mind. No need to worry about larger cars or anything.” I said smiling at him. He nodded his head and tipped his hat at me.

Hubert placed the last luggage into the back with me and opened the limo door. I smiled at him and turned around and faced the building, looking up at it. I noticed Larry was standing in the door way smiling. I waved at him and he waved back.

We were on the road to LAX in no time. The traffic at 4:45am on a Sunday was minimal to say the least. Hubert and I talked throughout the whole car ride; he left the window divider down. We talked about his wife and how she was doing. We talked about how excited I was for the tour and some details about what is going to be happening, like how the set was and some of the songs.

We got onto the topic of Nick, how; not sure but he could tell there was a mood adjustment when we started talking about him.

“I consider Nick a good friend so yes I am excited to go on tour with him.” I answered Hubert’s question. I proceeded to look out the window. We were almost at the airport and I had a weird feeling in my stomach.

“What’s wrong Miss Harmony?” He asked. We discussed and to compromise, I let him say Miss Harmony because he refused to just say my name. It was funny.

“I have a feeling that his girlfriend is going to be at the airport saying goodbye to him.” I made a face when I said that. Hubert noticed.

“Are you not on good terms with her?” He asked. I contemplated giving him the generic answer that I tell all of the press when she is brought up; but I decided against it. I could trust Hubert enough, like come one, he is old and cute; super trust-able.

“No, I’m not. She honestly hates me and I haven’t done anything wrong to her. She doesn’t like the whole idea of Nick and I being friends.” I said silently, but loud enough for him to hear me all the way in the front of the limo. He nodded his head.

“I’m sorry that you have to go through that Miss Harmony.” I smiled slightly and looked out the window. We sat in silence for the last little bit of the ride.

We pulled up to the United Airlines check in entrance and parked. Illegally might I add, there was a sign 10 feet from the limo saying fire route. Oops.

Hubert got out and opened my door for me; I thanked him as I dragged my suitcase from inside of the limo out the door. I walked around, pulling my suitcase with me, onto the sidewalk to get one of the airports luggage carts; I paid for it and walked back over to the limo. Hubert started to load up all the luggage cases onto the cart. I was happy that no one has recognized me yet; it was too early to talk to paps or get my photo taken. I smiled and turned around to Hubert.

“Thank you for the ride Hubert.” I smiled and gave him a hug. I let go and stepped back onto the sidewalk. He tipped his hat at me.

“It was a pleasure like always Miss Harmony. Now, I hope you have a great flight, have a fun tour, and I hope I can drive you again once you come back.” He said smiling. I smiled back and nodded my head.

“No get inside before they start wondering here you are Miss. And by the way,” He started as I was walking to the door. I stopped and turned around to face him.

“Good luck with her, you are a strong young woman so don’t let her words affect you.” He said as he got into the drivers side door. I waved once more before pulling the cart in with me.

Hubert was right; it shouldn’t matter what Ramona thinks and it for sure doesn’t matter what she says. She can think what she wants and have it settled at that. She honestly needs to trust Nick more if she is going around and bothering me about being with him so much, like hello we are going on tour.

I walked through the doors to find Quince standing there with a binder, probably with the itinerary for the first bit of the tour.

“Good morning.” I said to him as I walked up to him. He went and grabbed the cart from me.

“You shouldn’t be pulling this, if Janice saw you she would have a cow.” He said. I laughed but he was right; Janice would pull a comment like ‘the star shouldn’t be doing the work of a lower class person’; yeah, she was that rude. I shook my head.

Quince was already checked in so he walked up to the counter with me to check in. I handed the lady my passport and travel info and she checked all my bags except my carry on.

“Have a good flight Miss Davis.” The lady said as she handed me my boarding pass. I thanked her and together Quince and I went through security.

After about 25 minutes of going through security, we finally made it to the gate, B14, and noticed that no one from our group was there.

“Where is everyone?” I ask, turning towards Quince who isn’t behind me anymore. I looked around and spotted him at the gate across from B14, at a door. I walked over.

“What are you doing, our gate is over there.” I stated. He rolled his eyes and opened the door for me. Everyone was inside, the bands, Mr. Jonas, Janice; everyone but Nick. I greeted everyone with a hug and sat on a couch.

The room wasn’t small but it wasn’t big either, there were couches on two of the walls and a counter with a bar fridge, snacks and a sink on the wall where the door was located and a washroom to the left. Everyone was littered around the room, having conversations with everyone, well everyone but Janice. She had her eyes glued to her crackberry; to whom she was talking to at this hour was beyond me, so I ignored her.

The door to the room opened and in walked Nick. I smiled and was about to get up when he held the door open for her.

Even at five in the morning, Ramona managed to wear something slutty. She had her hair straightened, and her make up was dark and layered on; as if she was going to a club. She was wearing a very low cut, v-necked, green glitter dress, that just passed her butt, a brown leather cropped jacket and silver chunky bracelets. I scrunched my face when I saw what she was wearing but I wasn’t going to say anything rude. It really makes me curious how Nick would actually step out with someone who looks like that. I shook my head.

Nick greeted everyone and when he got to me he gave me a quick hug. Ramona was right behind him when he did that so I made sure it was extra quick, more like a half hug because I didn’t want her to make a scene.

“Can you like let go?” She whined as I let go of Nick. Both Nick and I gave her a look. I didn’t see Nick’s face but I could tell by his body language that he wasn’t impressed.

“That wasn’t more that three seconds Ramona, get over it.” I silently said. She rolled her eyes. Nick walked away to talk to his dad, but she stayed.

“I want you to listen to me, and listen to me good.” She started. I got up, I didn’t like how she towered over me because I was sitting and she was standing.

“I’m all ears Ramona, go ahead.” I said.

“You better stay away from Nick. He is mine. You need to get over yourself. You perform on stage and that is the only time you will go near him, got it?” She barked. I rolled my eyes, she never has anything new to say, just old, empty threats.

“Yupp, I got it Ramona.” I stated. I didn’t have anything to say to her, and my Mom always taught me that if you had nothing good to say, to just say nothing at all.

Nick walked over to us, and I stepped back, just then noticing that Ramona was dangerously close to my face.

“Is everything alright over here?” Nick questioned the pair of us. I nodded my head, not looking at him and Ramona smiled.

“Yes Nicky, everything is great! I was telling Harmony here to have a great tour, she will do awesome.” The words falling out of her mouth made me want to hit her. She was so fake it was pathetic.

The next second, I look over and they were kissing; well I guess you couldn’t call having your whole face getting sucked off kissing but that’s what they were doing. I was disgusted beyond belief.

“I need air.” I said as I got up to leave the room when Mr. Jonas’ voice stopped me.

“Already everyone we are going to board to plane. Are we ready to tour?!” He exclaimed excitedly. I smiled right away and went to the circle that was forming. Nick and Ramona let go of each other and everyone came together to do one of those hands together cheers.

I was so excited that I didn’t notice Ramona leave. We all walked out of the room and across the hall to the gate, to board the plane to Chicago.

I had such a bounce to my step it looked like I was hopping. Nick walked up beside me.

“So you’re excited for the tour?” He asked, well knowing what the answer was.

“Yes!” I shouted, as we walked to the ticket clerk and onto the plane.

These next four months are going to be the best ones of my life!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost 2500 words. Woo

Sorry for the lack of updating. This semester is almost over so I will have more time!

Please comment, don't be a silent reader!