Status: Let's see where this leads...

I Thought You Forgot About Me

Chapter Four - The Apartment and That Brown Hair

Most people think about the future; like what kind of person they want to see themselves with for the rest of their lives, or what their wedding would be like. A bunch of people also think about what their first place would look like.

Normally, everyone’s expectations are really high; saying they want a 7000+ square foot house with more bedrooms and bathrooms that you can count on one hand and an indoor pool. Well that’s for very ambitious people but you get the picture.

See, I try not to think about the future but what I was looking at now what absolutely not what I was expecting at all to be my first place away from home.

It was a thousand times better.

Walking into the apartment, there was a little foyer with marble floors and high 10 foot ceilings. There was a table off to the left with a key bowl on top and a beautiful Georgia O’Keeffe painting hanging above. I pushed my luggage against the wall and took my shoes off so I could explore the rest.

Walking through the tall archway, out of the foyer, I see that the entire apartment is open- concept. The kitchen, dining space and living room were all one. Looking to my left and around the corner was the kitchen, and boy was it large. There were very tall antiqued cabinets all across the back wall and coming up the right side of the kitchen. There were a few cupboards that have glass panel fronts instead of solid wood panel fronts so that I could display nice looking glasses and plates. There were under cabinet lighting that reflected off of the light coloured beige marble counter tops. The beautiful cabinetry continued on to the island that had a gas-burning cook top in the middle, facing out to the just noticed view I had of the city.

Ignoring all of the other things in the apartment for the time being, I walked over to the huge floor to ceiling windows that took up the entire wall of the living room and looked out. There were many other building scattered around. They all looked really interesting but for a first glance not really noticing anything recognizable.

Turning around, I notice the floor to ceiling windows continue on to the left side where the balcony was. It wasn’t very large but it had a few chairs to lounge on. So I was all set. The living room was just across from the balcony. Against the wall of windows, was a low, modern tv stand with a large flat screen tv sitting on top. There were two large, comfy looking chairs sitting on either side of the tv and a massive couch facing the tv. It looked like you could sit in it and never get up.

I was going to explore the rest of the apartment when I heard a phone ringing. Checking my cell and seeing that it was still on airplane mode, I set out to look for the phone in the apartment before it went to voicemail.

The sound was growing louder as I walked down the hallway off of the living room and opening the first door on the left, the sound was defiantly coming from in here. Taking a quick look around, on the bedside table was the little black cordless phone ringing its head off. I pick it up,

“Hello?”

“Hi, Harmony Davis?” The speaker questioned.

“Yes.” I answered, questioning who would be calling me at this number.

“Hi. My name is Quince and I’m the assistant to Janice Tompson. Jim your agent?” He questioned. I nodded my head, even though he wouldn’t be able to see me. He continued:

“Has passed you over to her and she is requesting you to come to a meeting today at 5:15pm at the Hollywood Records offices to discuss your album and what not. Please be on time, Mrs. Tompson doesn’t like tardiness.” He sighed and I silently groaned. I don’t like really impatient people, they just don’t make sense.

“Alright, 5:15pm.” I confirmed with Quince. He finished off the conversation with the address and room number that I was to go to before hanging up. I set the phone back on the charger and looked at the time on my cell phone. 3:47pm.

I started rushing around to start getting ready, only realizing that I was having no luck because I have nothing unpacked yet!

I ended up ripping my bag open all over the foyer floor, looking for something presentable to wear to this first meeting. I didn’t want to look to business but nothing too casual because they would then think I wasn’t professional at all.

Finding the perfect outfit of a pencil skirt, black heels and a flowing floral top, I throw them right there in the foyer. Its not like anyone is going to see anyways. I quickly straightened my hair and touched up my makeup, found some large sunglasses and set out the door.

While in the elevator, I realized I didn’t have a way to get to Hollywood Records so I quickly rushed up to Lynda and asked if she could call me a taxi. She seemed way too happy to me to be calling a taxi. Her energy hasn’t worn off yet.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The taxi ride was uneventful. I mainly just played on my phone; texting my mom that I was going to my first meeting. She was excited for me, but she said she had to get back to the new couple that was staying at the Inn.

Arriving to the Hollywood Records building was nerve-racking. It was large and it seemed so superior to what I know. That was the first moment that I ever doubted coming here to LA to further my career, and I just arrived!!

“It’s just the nerves, it’s just the nerves. I will be fine.” I say to myself as I walked into the building.

I ended up bumping into someone with ray bans on and dark brown hair because I was not paying attention. They apologized but again I wasn’t paying attention so I just nodded my head and continued on into the building, not noticing that that person stopped and looked at me as I continued on in.

After having to ask a few people where I had to go, I finally found the board room that the meeting was on. There was a guy standing outside of the door with grey jeans on and a interesting looking top, he looked like he was looking for someone.

He noticed me walking closer to the room. He smiled warmly as I walked up.

“Hi.” I said awkwardly.

“Hey, I’m Quince, Janice’s assistant. Welcome to Hollywood Records Harmony.” He said with a smile on his face.

He led me into a room with a whole bunch of people who I didn’t look all talking amongst themselves. Quince cleared his throat and a lady with bright blonde hair and a totally reconstructed nose turned around in her seat and smiled.

“ Harmony!” She screeched with her arms wide open. Trying to be polite, I gave her a small hug. Her loudness got everyone else in the room to quiet down and look at me. I just tried to smile to not make the whole situation that much more awkward.

Janice led me to a chair to her right and there was a chair empty beside me. I looked around the table at the many faces. There were all business looking with their suits and blackberry’s. I looked over to my right, just beyond the empty chair and I saw a familiar, smiling face.

“Mr. Jonas?” I questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
School is starting so I am so sorry.
And I also apologize for going over board (slightly) with the details of the apartment, I get really into that... ooops

Comments are lovely!!