Status: Let's see where this leads...

I Thought You Forgot About Me

Chapter Eight - Gym and Cupcakes

The next day, Janice, for some awesomely crazy reason, decided to give me the day off. She said that the day after next I would be attending this Hollywood party and they wanted me to perform and then I would be starting rehearsals for the tour in the coming week or so.

I decided with my day off that I would just lounge around my apartment and watch movies, make cupcakes, the normal lazy day routine.

I got up early and decided to take advantage of the basement gym in the building before I got my lazy on, so I quickly washed my face, brushed my hair up into a high messy bun and threw on some black lulu lemon shorts and a workout top.

Grabbing my key and cell phone, I made my way down the elevator and passed Lynda in the foyer who was staring at a plant that was placed at her desk, on my way to saying hi to Larry, the door man. I usually did this every morning just to be polite.

After doing so, I ventured down the stairs to the gym area and worked on the elliptical and the treadmill. After getting bored of those, I moved to some weights and to a chin up bar. After about 2 hours in the gym, I was making my way up the elevator to my room when my phone went off. I looked down and saw the called was Nick. We exchanged numbers at the meeting. I answered the call.

“Hello.” I said to him, with a slight hesitation in my voice.

After everything with Ramona at the photo shoot yesterday, I was still slightly apprehensive to speaking to him but I brushed it off, being the bigger person. Besides, it’s Nick. It’s not like I am talking to Ramona or anything; because that would be a totally different phone call.

“Hey Harmony, how are you?” He stated casually. I responded with an equally as casual answer back.

“Good, how are you?” I said.

“Great. Did you have a good time at the photo shoot yesterday? How did your album cover shoot go?” He asked, trying to make conversation.

We talked for about 15 minutes back and forth about random stuff. I was clearly trying to avoid the elephant in the conversation, that was the whole encounter with Ramona yesterday until he asked,

“I was just wondering if you wanted to come for lunch with me. I was thinking of getting pita’s in this small shop close to my place. And then maybe visit the beach, because I don’t think you have made it there yet, right?” He asked. I finally got into my apartment at this point, looking at a ready-made box of cupcake mix and quietly sighed.

“Yeah that could be fun. And no I haven’t gotten to the beach yet. With moving and work, I just haven’t had time. But thank you for the offer, when were you thinking of going?” I asked, placing the cupcake mix box back into the pantry.

“I would say about 12:30pm, meet me there.” I scribbled down the address and said my good-bye’s to Nick so I could start getting ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's so short! I KNOW. I'm sorry. It's a super filler, but more drama is around the corner.
I'm sorry it's taking so long between updates, with school and two jobs it gets hard.

I would love comments please!