Status: Updates are slow.

Kaleidoscope Eyes

02.

Brendon and I stood out on his back deck, smoking and talking about our my new living arrangements.

"So, I get the room next to yours?" I asked, looking over at Bren.

He took the cigarette from between his lips, blowing the smoke out as he spoke, "No, your room is next to Ryan's...and the bathroom. Our rooms are connected by the bathroom."

"You're serious? We're sharing a bathroom? Aw, shit, this isn't gonna end well. I can see why that room was free," I laughed before taking another long drag of my cigarette.

He let out a little laugh and shoved me a bit, "Shut up."

"Seriously, Brendon. There's gotta be something wrong with you if no one was willing to share the bathroom with you," I giggled, flicking the ashes off my cigarette before sticking it between my lips once again. I inhaled, then exhaled, watching the smoke blow up into the air. "Let's go unpack, shall we?"

He muttered something under his breath before taking a long drag of his cigarette. He exhaled, blowing the smoke out of his nose - which I thought was pretty hot - then dropped it, stepping on it. I did the same.

"After you," He said, holding the back door open for me. What a gentleman. He stepped in after me, shutting the door behind him.

"Where are your bags?" He asked, a hint of eagerness to help me unpack was apparent in his voice. This boy was weird as fuck. That's why I liked him so much.

"They're over by the front door," I mumbled, walking to the front door. I got one rolling bag and my makeup and other necessities bag, throwing that over my shoulder. I headed up the stairs while he got my other bags and slowly followed after me. My bags weren't that heavy, were they?

Okay, they were.

The hallway was long. And there were three doors, two on one wall, and one on the other, right across from one. I didn't know whose was whose and what led to what.

"Which room is it!?" I yelled when I didn't really need to.

"Um, okay, ow," Brendon said right behind me, startling the fuck outta me. "It's this one, right here."

I nodded and pushed open the door. It was painted a light blueish green. A teal, perhaps? A full size bed was placed on the far wall, right next to the window. A small, white nightstand was next to the bed, under the window. There was a white dresser placed at the end of the bed, on the other wall. A lamp was sitting on top of it, along with a picture and some flowers.

I turned to Brendon, a small smile gracing my face. He smiled softly and stepped past me, setting my bags down on to the bed. "It's not much, but, hey, you can quickly make it home, right?" He asked, sitting down on to the bed next to my stuff.

"Of course I can," I smiled, walking over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him in for a hug. "Thank you, Brendon."

"You're welcome, my dear," He mumbled, his warm breath dancing down my neck. "The bathroom is right there, and my room is just beyond that door."

I looked over to where he was talking about and pointing. Yup. The bathroom was right across on the other side of the room as my bed.

"That's why no one had this room..." I thought aloud, causing him to shove me slightly. I grinned and shoved him back. "Who'd wanna share a bathroom with you?"

"I never close the door," He shrugged, a tiny grin on his face.

"That's gross," I said, scrunching up my face. "You better learn to close that goddamn door."

"Was that on purpose or...?" He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

I stared at him for a moment. I didn't get it. What was he -

"Oh...Whoops," I laughed. I had no idea I did that. It just rolled off the tongue. I guess, in his presence, my mind decided to just...do a play on words with his song. "If you don't close the door, I will end up singing I Write Sins. That'll make you wanna close that goddamn door."

"Oh, God," He rolled his eyes, walking out of the room, leaving me to unpack my stuff by myself. I kinda wanted his help now.

"Brendon," I whined. He didn't come back. That fucker.

Instead, Ryan popped in, eating a sandwich, "Hey, Rae. You like your room?"

"Yeah, the color's nice..." I said, looking around my new room. It was nice. Very, very nice. "W - "

"Brendon spent three days working on it," He said, finishing his sandwich. "Wouldn't tell us why he was painting and bringing in new furniture. He said it was a surprise. And what a pleasant surprise you were..."

...Three days working on a room? For me? Holy shit. I wasn't that important. Not at fucking all.

"He went out Friday, came home with paint, and instantly started painting. Finished the next afternoon. Then he went out and got the furniture. Brought it all in here last night. Spencer, Jon, and I were like 'what the fuck, man?' He wouldn't tell us anything," He continued, leaning against the doorframe, his arms folded across his chest.

"Well, fuck. I need to thank him..." I muttered, brushing past Ryan on my way out. I went downstairs, scanning the living room and kitchen. He wasn't there. Ugh. "Brendon!"

"Yes?" He said from behind, causing me to jump. He scared the piss outta me. No, seriously, I think I peed a little. He needed to stop doing that.

I turned around and threw my arms around him, bringing him for a tight bear hug. He was tense at first, almost like he was confused as to why I was hugging him like I was, then he relaxed and melted into the hug, wrapping his arms softly around me.

"Thank you, so much, Brendon," I whispered, resting my head in the crook of his neck, breathing him in. He smelled so good. "Seriously. I'm not worth it."

He was silent for a minute, probably wondering what the hell I was on about. Then it clicked. "Oh, that. It was nothing, really, Rae. You are worth every damn penny," He said softly.

"You're too sweet. I can feel myself getting cavities," I laughed, pulling away from his warm embrace. I sorta missed it. Weird.

"And you're such a dork," He smirked, walking in to the kitchen.

"I like being a dork," I stated proudly, following him in to the kitchen. I hopped up on to a counter and sat, letting my legs dangle above the floor. "So, I wanna go partying. Know anywhere good?"

He stopped what he was doing, and looked at me, like I was a bit crazy. I was. "What? I thought...I thought you would've wanted to get unpacked."

"Pssssh, there's always time for that," I said, rolling my eyes as I began to swing my legs.

"There's always time for partying," He pointed out. Damn him and his...his logic. "There's nowhere to party. I - we - "

"Brendon, you live in fucking Las Vegas. That's it. We're going out tonight and getting shit-fucking-faced," I declared and jumped off the counter, heading back to my room. That was that. No arguing. No nothing. We were partying.

***

Brendon's arm draped around my shoulders, pulling me close to him as we both struggled to stay on our own two feet. "Fuck, you'r - this was a fantastic idea," He slurred into my ear before planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

I giggled and stumbled walked through the club, making my way to the dancefloor as I was clinging on to Brendon for dear life. He held on to me just as tightly. We were each others support team. We were terrible supporters, seeing as how we were both fucked out of our minds.

Brendon and I started dancing, occasionally exchanging sloppy kisses. Was I really going to hook up with Brendon fucking Urie the night I got here?

Yes, yes I was.

Earlier, I saw on some website that Pete was seen making out with Ashlee Simpson in some club. I wanted to go back and punch him in the fucking face. But, I wasn't going to waste time and money flying out to wherever the fuck he was in this damn country just to punch him.

So, I was going to do the next best thing - sleep with one of his best friends. Brendon Boyd Urie.

He could get over me that fast? I could get over him just as quickly. See how that motherfucker feels.

"Fuck, let's get out of here," I yelled over the music blaring throughout the club. Brendon didn't hear me. Fuck. The song ended. Now was my -

A familiar beginning to a familiar song filled the club. Oh, you're fucking kidding me, right? Why the fuck were they playing this? This wasn't club music. Fucking ghost that haunted me wherever I went, hellbent on reminding me how much he actually meant to me.

I found Brendon singing along. Okay, no, we had to get out of here. I needed to fuck him and get Pete off my mind.

But how was I gonna get him out of here? He wasn't going to want to go anywhere. Fuck, I was too drunk to figure this out and create a cunning and flawless plan in my head.

So, instead, I turned around, grabbed him by the shirt, and brought him down for a kiss. A forceful, hungry, lustful kiss.

He kissed back with just as much hunger. It surprised me, honestly. But I liked it.

He pulled away and stared down, his brown eyes full of want, "Let's go home."

"I like the way you think, Urie," I smirked, kissing him once again before grabbing his hand and leading him out of the club.

"All the boys who the dancefloor didn't love. And all the girls whose lips couldn't move fast enough. Sing until your lungs give out."

Sorry, Pete. The dancefloor loved Brendon, and my lips definitely moved fast enough. Didn't beat me this time.

***

I woke up in my bed the next morning with absolutely no recollection of what happened last night. All I remember was showing up to the club, flashing my fake ID, then getting drunk off my ass.

I didn't even remember coming home. I was so drunk. But I loved it. Temporary way to forget him. He didn't exist last night and neither did the fear of the paparazzi and the fear of being found out. I felt free last night.

But this morning, oh, this morning. I had a pounding hangover. Like, it felt like someone had drilled into my head with a jackhammer. Fuck, it felt like that jackhammer was still going.

I clutched my head tightly and closed my eyes just as tight. I didn't wanna go anywhere or do anything. I wanted to lay in bed all day and just fucking hate myself.

A knock on the door startled the hell outta me. It was too loud. Way too fucking loud.

I glared when Brendon opened my door. He was being too loud, even though he was just walking over to me, not saying a word. He was carrying a glass of water and two aspirins.

My saviour.

I sat up as he sat down on the end of the bed, "How're you - "

I shook my head and held my hand up, signaling him not to say anything. He nodded and handed me the aspirin and the glass.

I took the aspirin and downed the water. "What?" I asked, staring at him. He was staring at me. Why was he staring at me like that? Why?

"You don't remember any of last night, do you?" He asked softly, trying not to make my head pound more than it already was.

"Nope," I replied, rubbing my temples. "That means it was a successful night."

"You would," He grinned, shaking his head. "Seriously, though, you don't remember any of it?"

"Stop yelling," I muttered. "All I remember was getting there, dancing with Ryan, drinking, drinking some more, then that's where I blacked out. It's all a dark, dark blur."

He stared at me, his lips in a thin line. Why was he - oh, God. No.

"I didn't sleep with Ryan, did I!?" I exclaimed, ignoring the pounding. My eyes were wide as fuck. "Please, don't tell I - "

"You didn't," He chuckled, shaking his head softly.

"Good, because he's dating Keltie and that would've been so fucked up of me, oh, my God," I breathed out. Good, so I didn't sleep with anyone. Good. I controlled myself. Good...

He let out a shaky breath. My eyes floated back to him, my eyebrow quirking up a bit, "What?"

"You...you and I...you know what? Nevermind. It's not important," He said quickly, grabbing the glass out of my hand and rushing out of the room like it was on fire.

Well, that was odd. Even for Brendon, the oddest person I've ever met.
♠ ♠ ♠
merh. you all sadden[ me. nine subscribers and only one comment? :(

welp. i'm going to bed.

gcchic7484 - thank you, my dear. <3

please leave thoughts, you nine subscribers? ;-;

x.

edit://i'm sorry i keep editing it and updating it, it's just, as i reread it through more carefully - i previewed it, and missed some things before i updated it - i am noticing little things that need to be fixed. sorry!