Status: Updates are slow.

Kaleidoscope Eyes

05.

April 11th, 2007. 10:04PM

"Tomorrow is Brendon's birthday. You doing anything?" Ryan asked bluntly as he leaned against the fridge, his arms folded across his chest.

I dropped the slice of pizza that was in my hand as I stared at him in shock. "Bi - birthday?" I choked out, the words sticking to my tongue, refusing to leave my mouth. "He never mentioned a goddamn birthday."

"Well, why would he?" Ryan laughed like this was some joke to him. It wasn't funny! Brendon never mentioned a birthday!

"Ryan, it's Brendon we're talking about. I sorta expected him to bounce off the walls and sing about how he's gonna be...shit, how old is he even gonna be?!" I sighed dramatically. This was ridiculous. My boyfriend of a week was turning...I had no fucking clue. I was a bad fucking girlfriend. We should've known each others life stories by now.

God, when I was with Pete, the first week was the week I learned a lot about him. Shit. Brendon and I needed to hurry the fuck up.

Ryan chuckled and shook his head, "He's turning twenty, Rae. Don't worry about what you're doing, because I've already got something planned. I'm throwing him a party, and, again, don't worry, I'll allow you to write your name next to mine on said party. I'll tell him it was our idea."

I got off the counter and ran to him, colliding into him and wrapping my arms around his thin as fuck frame. "I love you, Ryan Ross. I love you, I love you, I love you," I repeated, squeezing him tighter each time an "I love you" came out of my mouth.

He coughed, obviously being suffocated by me, and I reluctantly loosened my grip on the thin boy. He laughed and pat my back, "You're welcome, Rae. You're lucky I like you."

"I know," I sighed, finally letting him go. I walked back over to the counter and picked up my pizza, noming on it happily. "Seriously, Ryan. Thanks. I still need to get him something, though."

"It's a little late, isn't it?" He cocked an eyebrow up at me. Dammit, Ryan. Dammit. Ruin my day. Bring up the fact Brendon has a birthday in less than two hours. Go ahead. Crush me even more. "What the hell would you even get him?"

"I don't fucking know," I mumbled. What would I get him? Ooh, I know, I'll give him an amazing, mind-blowing blowjob. Haha, yeah. That's it. Best birthday present he'll ever receive! "Do you think he'd appreciate a blowjob as a gift?"

"Rae!" Ryan gasped, his jaw on the floor. He stared at me in a mix of horror and amusement. He didn't want to hear about these sorts of things, but at the same time, he did. Silly Ryan. "I don't know what to say."

"Yeah, I don't know what the fuck to get him. Hey, I've got a sombrero. Do you think he'd like a sombrero? I think he'd like a sombrero," I thought aloud, taking another bite of my pizza. "Yeah, a sombrero and a blowjob. I'm the perfect girlfriend, right, Ryan?"

"Can you stop saying 'blowjob'?" He muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose and looking down at the floor as he shook his head. I was making him uncomfortable. This was fun. "You're the perfect girlfriend. Now I know why Pete talked so highly of you."

"Don't say that asshole's name," I said with a straight face. "I'm gonna go see what Brendon's up to."

"I swear, if I hear moaning coming from that room, I'll...I don't even fucking know," Ryan warned, pointing a finger at me as I giggled and skipped out of the kitchen.

"Don't worry, Ry, it's not his birthday yet," I winked, disappearing. God, I was so fucked. I danced to Brendon's room, a huge grin on my face. That grin disappeared when I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

I sighed and went to my room, opening the door and shutting in behind me. I walked to the bathroom and opened my door, noticing Brendon's was open as well. Mhmm. I strolled on in, grinning when I saw his window open. He was on the roof.

Aw.

I walked over to the window and poked my head out, grinning at him. He returned the grin and held up a finger. He was on the phone. Oh. Okay. I could wait. I kicked off my shoes and crawled out onto the roof, taking a seat next to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and listened as he talked to someone.

"Yeah, okay. Mhmm. I dunno. Seriously? Ugh, fine. Okay. I'll bring her. Okay, see you tomorrow at seven. Bye," He muttered, hanging up. He slipped the phone into his pocket and rubbed his face roughly.

"Who was that?" I asked softly, picking at the hole in his pants. "I'm in your pants!"

He laughed and grabbed my hand, "That was my mom. She called to tell me that they're taking me out to dinner for my birthday. She said she'd love to meet you. So...it looks like you're going. I'm sorry. I tried to - "

"Shut up, I'd love to meet your parents," I giggled, looking down at our hands. Then it occurred to me. Ryan's party! Shit. "What time?"

"Seven to...whenever. They'll probably make it drag on and fucking on," He groaned. Well. He clearly didn't want this. I sorta felt bad. "So. Whatever plans you had, you can go ahead and throw those out the window."

"My plans were whatever you wanted to do, because, well, you're the birthday boy," I smiled, looking up at him, resting my chin on his shoulder. He grinned and pressed his lips on my forehead. "But, I might need to get an outfit for the dinner..."

"Oh, yeah, she said it was some damn fancy restaurant. Gag me," He sighed, rolling his eyes. "I don't enjoy fancy."

"Aw, but I bet you look so handsome all dressed up and clean and whatnot!"

"You would say that," He muttered, starting to rub small circles on the back of my hand. "So, do you wanna do something?"

"I dunno. Would you be embarrassed to be seen with me if I went to Taco Bell wearing a sombrero? Because, honestly, that's what I feel like doing," I admitted, feeling a bit stupid. And, okay, maybe Ryan and I did smoke a little before getting that goddamn delicious pizza. But it was so worth it.

"A sombrero? Dammit, I want a sombrero! We'd be the most badass people in Taco Bell," He laughed, standing up, bringing me up with him. He held onto my hand tightly and I let him. After almost falling the last time, I was clinging to him for dear life.

"You are in luck, señor," I giggled, stepping into his room. I ran through the bathroom to my room and dug around under my bed. I had quickly made this place home. Very, very quickly. I pulled out another sombrero. I had two. I bought them with Spencer the other day. He just laughed and looked at me like I was crazy. He even asked when I was going to ever use them? And goddammit, I told him I was going to! I stuck to that promise.

I got up and saw Brendon standing at the doorway to the bathroom. I tossed him the sombrero and he caught it, laughing. He put it on and I giggled like crazy.

He looked...so...cute. With the scruff and his big brown eyes, and, god, everything about him was just...unf.

I grabbed the sombrero off my dresser and placed it on my head, wiggling my eyebrows, "Hola, señor."

"Rae," He shook his head, covering his growing grin with his hand. "God, you are such a dork."

"Hey, okay, I had to put up with a dude who walked down the street wearing a fucking Teletubby costume once. I am normal," I reasoned with Bren, who was just standing there, a little smirk on his face. "Let's go. I want a damn burrito."

He laughed and grabbed my hand. Our sombrero's brushed against each other and tilted off our heads slightly. I looked at Brendon, pouting, "We can't hold hands!"

"My heart, it breaks," He exclaimed dramatically in a horrible Spanish accent. I almost fell over from laughing so hard. God, leave it to Brendon to do this shit to me. He joined in on the insane laughter. And soon, we were both actually on the floor from laughing so hard.

Why were we laughing so hard? I had no fucking clue.

"Do you think I should have a mustache?" I asked, touching my upper lip as I came down from my laughter high. "I think I should have a mustache. Fuck, I'd be so hot with a mustache!"

"Rach, dude, what the fuck are you on!?" Brendon choked out, laughing so hard tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Well...fuck, okay, no, that rumbling in my stomach means I need food. And I need food now!" I yelled, getting up. I ran down the hall, barefoot. Goddammit. I forgot my shoes in Brendon's room.

Oh, well, I had shoes down by the front door. They didn't match my outfit, but, honestly, who the fuck would be paying attention to my shoes when I had this ridiculously amazing sombrero on my head and an even more ridiculously amazing boy by my side?

"We're going out for burritos!" I happily told Ryan as he stared at us, slightly confused. "Adios, amigo!"

Brendon laughed and waved bye to Ryan.

***

We sat inside the Taco Bell, eating our food, and laughing like maniacs every time someone looked at us weird. It was only 10:30 so the kids from around here were out and about, getting food and just hanging around.

I tipped my sombrero to some random girl as she shot me a look, causing Bren to giggle and shake his head. Which only made me laugh.

Did I mention I had Brendon draw a mustache on me with my eyeliner? No? Well, I did.

"You look so ridiculous," Brendon commented, taking a bite out of his grilled chicken burrito. We actually got the same thing.

"-ly amazing!" I smiled, drinking my Pepsi. "You look the same."

"So, are you any nervous about meeting my parents?" He asked, changing topics quickly.

"Nah, parents love me," I replied dismissively. I didn't necessarily want to talk about this with him. Talking about it with him was going to make me nervous. "So...you're turning twenty, huh? That's fun."

"Yup. I kinda don't want to let go of my teenage years, though, you know? These have been some of the best times of my life. And, plus, I feel old," He forced out a laugh. Aw, poor Brendon didn't want to grow up.

I frowned a bit, then smiled, "Older men are sexy though." He met my eyes and grinned. "Seriously! Even if you're only one year older than me."

"Only one year? Jesus Christ, I thought you were turning twenty, too! When's your birthday?" He looked taken back.

"Uh. Last month. March twentieth. Turned nineteen," I shrugged like it was nothing. Because, really, it was nothing.

"Well, damn," He replied, leaning back. "You look and act...nevermind. We are sitting in Taco Bell wearing sombreros. You do not act older than nineteen."

I should've been offended by this. But I wasn't. I just grinned and ate my grilled chicken burrito. A group of five or six teenagers walked in and instantly stopped when they saw us.

A couple grinned and a couple laughed before turning and getting in line. I just still had that stupid grin on my face.

"So, should I shave or just keep it?" Brendon asked, breaking the silence. I could tell that the silence was driving him absolutely crazy. He needed to talk, keep himself busy, and just move anything or else he'd go insane.

I looked up at him and cocked my head to the side a bit, studying his face. After a moment, I decided and told him he should keep it.

"Really?"

"Looks good on you," I noted, smiling softly. The kids from earlier came and sat at the table closest to us. Oh. "Seriously, scruff is sexy."

"So I don't look like a rapist?"

I laughed loudly, "Well..."

His eyes went wide in fear, "Please tell me you're kidding!"

"Relax, babe, I am. Chill out," I said, popping the last bit of my food into my mouth. I washed that down with my Pepsi. "You know what? I wanna make you a cake."

"A cake?"

"A motherfucking cake!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands together. "Can we stop by the store? I need supplies for said cake."

"Why do you wanna make me a cake?" He asked, cocking his eyebrow sightly.

"Do you not want cake?" I asked, feigning hurt. "This hurts, Bren, this really hurts."

He just stared at me, a little smirk on his face. He knew I just wanted to walk around in my sombrero. He totally knew. Yup. He then nodded, giving in.

I smiled and scrambled to my feet, grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the small fast food eatery.
♠ ♠ ♠
KSGJLSDG I AM SO SORRY MIBBA CRASHED AND LOST THIS AND I'M JUST NOW POSTING THIS AND SIGH

Anyways yeah Four Years will be up either tomorrow or Wednesday! And the chapter for this will be, I PROMISE YOU, up at around midnight or so? So yup!!

Also- I've got a new story! If you're a You Me At Six fan, check out Smash Into Me!

Lemme get your thoughts!

x.