‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

But Something's Gotta Change, I'm Barely Holding On

Someone was fastidiously ringing the doorbell and Ash hurried to open it. She quickly unlocked it and pulled the door open, revealing a very pissed off looking Jimmy.

“Jims? Whats wrong?” she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside the house.

“I had a huge fight with Leana and I just needed to get away. I was hoping I could crash here for a while,” he explained, sighing somewhere in between.

“Sure, come on in,” Ash gestured towards the living room and Jimmy sauntered forward.

“Hi, Dani,” he greeted Ash’s roommate, who was watching TV and crashed down on the couch.

“What were you fighting about?” Ash went to sit by his side.

“Everything. It’s just one of those days when everything is wrong,” Jimmy sighed again, slouching even deeper into the couch pillows. “We just need to calm down, that’s all.”

“Okay, if you say so,” Ash smiled a little. “You hungry? I just made dinner.”

“Are you kidding? I always want your food, even if I’m stuffed, I’d still want it,” Jimmy sat up instantly, his face lighting up in anticipation.

“Come on then, get your ass to the kitchen,” she stood up and walked ahead, Jimmy close behind.

After making sure, he was full, Ash washed the dishes and they went back to the living room.

“Come on, that’s just stupid,” Dani was commenting on some movie.

“What’s stupid?” Jimmy sat down again, looking at the screen.

“This movie, it’s so stupid it’s not even funny anymore,” Dani snorted and grabbed his soda can from the coffee table.

“Oh, yeah, I’ve seen this one. It gets only worse. This movie is waste of time,” Jimmy said while laying down and setting his head on Ash’s lap.

“Then you don’t mind if I switch channels?” Ash took the remote and clicked away without waiting their answers.

Jimmy’s phone started to ring a moment later but he just ignored it, not even looking who was calling. Some time later, his phone ringed again and he kept ignoring it. By the time of tenth call, Ash’s nerves couldn’t take it any longer.

“Give me the damn phone, Jimmy,” she held out her hand and waited til Jimmy dug it out of his pocket.

“Hello!” she answered it the moment Jimmy handed it over.

“Um, hi? Is Jimmy there?” Ash heard Leana’s startled and confused voice.

“Leana, it’s me, Ash. Jimmy is here but he’s not talking much. What the hell were you two fighting about?” she stood up and walked out of the room. She motioned Hemi to follow her and they went out to the back yard.

“Something stupid actually. I’m having that time of the month and I’ve been in a bad mood all day. I think I overreacted a bit,” Leana said with a sad voice.

“Aw, honey, it’s gonna be okay. He’ll always forgive you,” Ash said.

“I know, but I feel bad now,” Leana sighed, fighting with tears that threatened to spill out.

“Look, I’ll talk to him and then send him home. He had dinner here, but you could make some dessert to make it up to him,” Ash smiled. She knew that those two will always make up, they just loved each other that much.

“You really think he would like that?” Leana asked hopefully.

“Yeah, I do. You know how much he loves sweets. Don’t worry, he wont be mad long,” she let the dog back in and went back to living room.

“Okay. Tell him that I’m sorry and that I want to apologize,” Leana said while inspecting her kitchen cabinets. She was already trying to decide what dessert she should do for Jimmy.

“I will. Don’t worry, honey,” Ash sat down on the couch again, next to still slouching Jimmy.

She ended the call and handed the phone back to Jimmy. He took it and slid it back to his pocket, all the while not saying a word.

“Jimmy! Don’t you even wanna know who that was?” Ash asked, turning towards him.

Jimmy just shrugged his shoulder, not turning his eyes from the TV.

“She’s sorry, you know. And she wants to apologize,” Ash said gently, laying her hand on his tight.

Jimmy sighed but still didn’t say anything.

“Don’t be so hard on her, she just had a really bad day and now she feels awful about the way she treated you. Just give her a chance to apologize, will you?” Ash tried once again.

Jimmy closed his eyes and leaned his head back. Then he took a deep breath.

“Guess I have to go home then,” he said at last.

“Yeah, you should,” Ash smiled, standing up with him.

“Just make up, okay. You two are not fun at all when you fight,” she hugged him, before sending him out of the door.

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away....


Ash was sitting at her couch, humming along with the song that was playing on MTV. It was already a third sad song she had heard in a row and it was starting to get her.

“...so much for my happy ending,” she sang along, not able to stop a lonely tear from sliding down her cheek.

It was nearing 3 a.m. in the morning and she was still sitting in her living room, wallowing in her sadness. Songs coming on MTV didn’t help at all, if all, they made her mood even worse. Like that Adam Lambert’s ‘If I Had You’ that was on now. The words of that song made only more tears run down her face.

She tried to stop them and wipe away those that had already on her cheeks. She had promised to herself that she would not cry for Brian any more, she had promised that she’ll do anything to move on. But right now it seemed impossible. Her whole body seemed to miss him. Brian was like a part of her that was missing, an important part she needed for living.

Someone ringing her doorbell snapped her out of her misery. Frowning, she stood up, wondering who the hell would come over in the middle of the night.

“God, I hope those two are not fighting again,” Ash muttered, hoping that it’s not Leana or Jimmy behind her door.

“Hemi! Come with me,” she called her dog while walking to the door. She peaked out behind the curtain, before opening the door. At first, she couldn’t believe her eyes, it was just not possible that he would be there, on her doorstep. Wiping away her tears, she opened the door.

“Hello, miss. I’m Gates, Teddy Gates. You see, this man behind my back is the stupidest jerk on earth. But I know he can be sweet and caring if he wants to. I happen to know that he loves you, miss. So, I’m here to beg you to give him one last chance,” Brian spoke with a distorted and unsteady voice, hiding behind a big, white teddy bear, who had a purple nose and a purple bow and who was wearing one of Brian’s fedoras.

“And what happens when I don’t?” Ash asked with a weak voice. She was shocked to her broken bones.

“Then he will torture me to a slow painful death,” Brian sighed with a sad voice.

“Well, I can’t let that happen, can I,” Ash forced a tiny smile to her lips. “Look, Brian, it’s not that simple. But we can start by talking. Hand over the poor bear and come in,” she stepped aside, watching as he hesitantly staggered by. Ash realized that he was wasted.

Hemi sauntered closer, sniffing his pants with a care. Slowly, Brian squatted down to his level and offered his hand for Hemi to sniff.

“So, you must be Hemi,” Brian said quietly, scratching behind his ear after Hemi accepted his hello by licking his hand. Then he sneezed, probably caused by Brian’s smoke filled breath.

Brian tried to stand up but lost his balance and fell on his butt. Hemi sat down too and looked at him with his head tilted to one side.

“God, Brian, come on, get up,” Ash grabbed his arm and helped him up. She dragged him to her spare bedroom and pushed him on the bed.

“Uuh, you missed me that much,” Brian smirked, trying to grab Ash by her waist. But Ash was quicker than his drunken reflexes and she easily squirmed out of his reach.

“Oh, no, don’t even think about it. Now, get some sleep and we talk in the morning,” she said firmly and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Ash walked to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. She took a big gulp before leaning against the counter.

“What the hell am I gonna do now, Hemi?” she sighed to her dog.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, girls, Brian is back :D For now at least :)
Thanks so much for your comments, I always love to read them :P

I did plan on some Christmas stuff in this story but I'm a bit behind with my timing. So I hope you guys don't mind if the Christmas chapter comes next. Or the one after that. I haven't decided yet what to write on the next one.

Oh, and a happy fucking holidays to everyone :]>*

Title Credit: +44 - Weatherman