‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

Roadtrip

“Come on Dani, let’s gooo,” Ash yelled from the front door. She had all already taken all hers and Hemi’s bags to the car and now was waiting for her friend.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Dani ran down the stairs, her duffel bag strapped over her shoulder. “Shit, where’s my phone?” she patted her pockets and looked around the room. Ash saw it on the living room table and to save time, she used her powers just for once. The phone floated towards them, stopping in front of Dani.

“Aagh!” she screamed when she raised her eyes and saw her phone, dangling in the air right in front of her face while Ash stood several feet away. “Gosh, girl, you scared the hell out of me,” she snatched her cell and slid it in her back pocket. “Next time give me some warning, Lady Morgana.”

Ash just laughed and followed her to the car. Hemi was lounging on the back seat, waiting for them to get in. He absolutely loved car rides. She would have wanted to fly to Pennsylvania but finding a pet friendly airline was not easy and the risks were high for Hemi. So she gave up at last and decided to drive instead. It would take a lot more time but at least she knew Hemi would be okay and comfortable and not forgotten to some hot luggage room without any water or food.

They took turns driving the car, the one on the passenger seat sleeping as much as she could. They made sure to stop often enough to let Hemi relieve himself and stretch around a bit. When they reached Springfield almost thirty hours later, they were so sick of driving. Without giving it a longer thought, they found a hotel that allowed dogs.

On the next morning, Ash went to jog with Hemi before they got on the road again. When they had only about two hundred miles to go, they drank as much coffee as they could, stopping at every diner or cafe that stayed on their way.

Finally Ash turned to Bam’s driveway. Without losing any more time, they all bolted out of the car, Hemi running to the nearest bush and marking it, emptying his bladder. Once satisfied he ran around the front yard like a maniac, not going far from Ash.

“Three days. Three fucking days. I don’t ever wanna drive that long again,” Dani laid down on the grass, stretching her hands over her head.

“Well, I have to drive back too,” Ash grumbled, not wanting to even think about it.

“Kitty!” Bam came out the door, walking over to them.

“Brandon!” Ash ran at him, and tackled him to the ground. Hemi was curiously making circles around them, sniffing Bam from every side.

“Hey doll,” he laughed, hugging her tight.

“Um, hey Ash, I don’t want to disturb your reunion, but I thought we were done with secrets,” Dani stood next to them, her hands on her hips and her eyes traveling between them.

Ash laughed and got up. She brushed the grass off her clothes.

“I wanted it to be a surprise,” she beamed, making a puppy face.

Dani gave her an unhappy glare, then turned to Bam.

“Hi, I’m Dani,” she reached out her hand. Bam took it and pulled her into a hug, shocking her.

“I’m sure I don’t have to introduce myself. Nice to meet you, Dani,” he smiled.

“Ugh, I need to go to bathroom. Like now! Or I have to go and mark your shrubbery like Hemi did,” Ash skipped around them and ran inside, knowing her way around the house well enough.

“You can run after her if you need. I’ll go get some of your bags,” Bam laughed to Dani, watching as Hemi bolted after Ash before the door had the chance to close.

“No I’m good. I’ll help you get our things inside,” Dani smiled shyly, following him back to Ash’s car. She took her duffel bag and Hemi’s sleeping bed while Bam took both Ash’s bag and Hemi’s much smaller bag.

“So how long are you girls staying?” Bam asked, guiding her inside and to the guest bedroom.

“Until you throw us out,” Dani joked. “I don’t know about Ash but I have to be back by next weekend. I have school stuff to take care of.”

“So you two would be here on Ash’s birthday?” he more of a stated this.

Dani dropped her bag to the floor. “I guess so,” she smiled, remembering that her friend’s birthday was coming up the next Wednesday.

“Sweet. We have to plan something awesome for her,” Bam started to think right away, wanting to make that day special to Ash.

“Actually I have an idea,” Dani started while Hemi ran to the room, happily sniffing his sleeping bed that Dani was still holding, “but we’ll talk later,” she added quietly, knowing that Ash couldn’t be far. Hemi always stayed close to her.

“Okay. You can stay in this room. And bathroom is right there,” Bam said, pointing at the door behind Dani. “You can feel yourself at home, really, I don’t mind you guys roaming around the house.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know. And boring. I just couldn't come up with anything to fill this gap. Sorry girls :( And that's the reason it took me so long to post this. But it gets better, I promise :)

And as always, hugs and strawberry candy to everyone who commented. It really makes me smile every time I read a new comment :) At least something good in my life right now.

So, I hope you're not too disappointed and I promise next chapter will make it up. It'll be up in a day or two ;)