Status: on an obvious haitus... sorry!

Werewolf Heart

Chapter One

“Florence, I’m stopping by the bakery on my way from work today and I’m dragging you with me to Zach’s Christmas get together. So, please be prepared and not startled when I whisk you away from your cupcakes.”

Florence grimaced as she listened to the voicemail from her friend again. Chelsea usually clocked out of work at 5:30 and it was nearly 5:45, so any minute, she could burst through the front doors.

She had met Zach on a few occasions, and each time, he had been pleasant. It was obvious that he and Chelsea were madly in love, and as happy as Florence was for the couple, it bothered her. After growing up without parents who were still together, it was hard to believe in the kind of love that lasts. For the past eighteen years of her life, she had built up a wall around her heart —a strong, solid, impenetrable wall. The most romantic contact she had ever made with a man involved shedding of clothes, a bed, and leaving early in the morning to avoid awkward invitations of breakfast.

The bell on the door jingled and the smacks of heels on the tiled floor signaled the arrival of Chelsea. “Hey Flor!” the blonde greeted eagerly, leaning on the counter and reaching for a chocolate cupcake.
Florence playfully swatted her away and asked, “So what’s this get together that you want me to go to?”

“Well, Zach’s family and friends flew in last night and he wanted them to meet his New York City people, so of course, that includes you,” Chelsea explained. “And as a best friend who simply is casually mentioning this, some of his friends are definitely attractive.” Her eyebrows raised and a grin spread across her face as she watched Florence.

“I appreciate the casual mention, but honestly, don’t even bother trying to hook me up with anyone, please,” Florence warned.

Chelsea always wished that Florence would give up her loveless life and find someone. She was constantly trying to take her out to clubs and introduce her to cute coworkers, but Florence always managed to severe any and all chances.

Chelsea rolled her eyes. “Whatever. One day when you’re old, wrinkly and alone, you’re going to say to me ‘Oh Chelsea, I wish that I listened to you and found a guy to spend the rest of my life with.’ But we’ll just make this a topic of discussion for another day. Now, we’ll go to your apartment and get you all dolled up!”

Image


Chelsea didn’t even bother knocking when the two of them arrived. They were each dressed in cocktail dresses and Florence brought leftover holiday cupcakes from the bakery with her. Upon entering, the smell of roasted ham and cinnamon wafted through the entire room and there were quite a few people scattered all around. Across the room, a tall, glistening Christmas tree adorned with ornaments sat along the wall.

Immediately, a short woman with short brown hair noticed the two of them and began to approach Chelsea. She wrapped her arms around her. When they pulled away, she was introduced to Florence as Ellen, Zach’s mother. The three of them stood around and chatted about life in the city, what they were doing for the holiday, and the ever exciting weather. Eventually, Zach found them and took Chelsea away, leaving Florence alone.

Halfway through the evening and a bottle of wine, Florence found herself looking out of the tall, wide window that took up an entire wall. She felt a sudden presence next to her and when she turned to face them, a wave of awe struck took over.

She was pretty sure that Ryan Gosling was standing with her, looking out the same window, at the same party, in the same loft. Surely, Florence had never fallen in love, but she could still have heaping amounts of adoration for famous actors.

“The city never really does sleep, huh,” he said, still staring down. Lights were on all over outside and cars zoomed by below. Florence had no idea of what to say, so she nodded in agreement. “I’m Ryan by the way.”

She tucked a loose stand of hair behind her ear and softly replied, “I’m Florence.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, believe me when I say that I'm terribly sorry for having waited such a looooong time to do this. I'm been really busy with college and now that I'm on winter break, I actually have time to do things!

This probably isn't that great, but let me know what you think! xx