Dance

Dance

Frank pushes a note in front of me.
Gee come to my place before the dance yeah?
I wrote a sloppy reply while our teacher wasn’t looking.
Yeah sure.
Frank smiled and shoved the note into his planner. He turned his attention back to the screen where Bear Grylls was eating goat testicles.
The bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom, heading to my locker. All the way through the hallway you could hear the preppy girls say things like, “My hairdresser is adding blonde highlights!” or “I can’t wait to get my dress on!” Then you heard the non-preppy girls saying tuff like, “I can’t wait until this is all over.” Or “I’d love to rip out all the hair on her head.”
The guys, they weren’t interesting. They just talked like guys, no dance on their minds.
“Hey bro!” my brother said when I got to my locker, which was right next to his.
“Hi Mikes.”
“Act a little more excited!”
I raised an eyebrow, “Um why?”
“Dude tonight’s the dance.”
“And why should I be excited?”
He glared at me. “You just should be.”
I felt extremely negative. “Let’s see, I’m gay, have no boyfriend, get bullied every day, and this is just another chance for the preppy girls and the jocky guys to show us that they can get dates and we can’t.”
“Aw come on dude, it’s also a chance to hang with friends. And besides, it’s the last social event this year.”
I grinned. “Besides the shaving cream fight.”
“Well that just goes without saying!”
“Sure,” Mikey began as the bell rang.
Mikey rushed off and I sighed. I was late, again.
I got to class and got yelled at. Again. I was thinking my life is in a rut. Great another depressing thing to think about.
-After School-
Sent: to Frank
Hey Frankie
Received: from Frank
Hey Gee
Sent: to Frank
What’s up?
Received: from Frank
Nm u?
Sent: to Frank
Talkin 2 Mikey
Received: from Frank
Hahaha fun
Sent: to Frank
Ya sure whatever
Received: from Frank
What time u comin over?
Sent: to Frank
I was thinkin 5 an hour b4 it starts. I warn u now my mom’s makin me get dressed @ home so u better b dressed wen I get there
Received: from Frank
Whatll u do 2 me?
Sent: to Frank
Kill u
Received: from Frank
O ya u cud totally kill my cute face *smiles*
An hour later I was getting dressed while my mom yelled at me to hurry up.
“I’ll be down in a minute!”
“Gerard Way, get your ass down here!”
“I’m coming!”
I walked downstairs and my mom immediately started snapping pictures.
“Mom!”
“Gerard, honey, smile.”
I smiled for one picture then walked out to the car. Frank lived two houses down so I could have walked but no I couldn’t risk getting my clothes dirty. Sometimes I hated my mom.
Two minutes after my mom started the car I was walking up the sidewalk in front of Frank’s house and knocked on the door. Frank opened it and he was in a pink shirt, black skinny jeans, a studded belt, and black and pink converse. He had eyeliner on and his fringe covered half of his eye. He was perfect.
Stop thinking that Gerard!
I smirked, “Looks like someone gets to live.”
“Yay!” he said and ran up the stairs to his room.
I ran up behind him and found him sitting on his bed, one hand resting on the bed behind him.
“Mikey told me you weren’t excited about this.”
“What can I say? I’m not.”
“Why not Gee Gee?”
“Because I don’t need more proof that I’m a single, unlikeable fag.” I looked down at my feet, knowing how mad it made Frank to hear me talk about myself like that.
He placed his finger underneath my chin and brought my face up. I hadn’t even heard him stand up. He looked me in the eye and said, “Gerard, you are not any of those things. We like you, you might be single but it keeps you open for ‘the one’ for you, and you aren’t a fag, you are gay, use the right term.”
I was just going to reply that I was those things when Frank’s lips crashed to mine. At first I was too stunned to do anything, which made Frank pull away. When I realized he had meant to do that I tangled my fingers through what hair I could and pressed his lips back against mine. We stood there for five minutes, our tongues dancing, fighting for dominance, and our hands roaming each other’s bodies. All I could think was that I was in heaven.
A knock came at the door; we ignored it and kept on kissing.
“Frank, Ger- oh my God!” Franks mom said when she walked in a d saw us kissing.
I quickly pulled away and stumbled over something, falling backward. Trying to grab onto the bed, I fell and hit my head on Frank’s bedside table.
“Gerard, are you alright?” Franks mom asked seeming to forget the previous scene.
Frank was at my side, feeling the back of my head when my vision cleared.
“I’m okay.”
Frank wrapped his arms around me and said, “Thank God! Gee be more careful! I would have been dancepartnerless is you had hurt yourself!”
I smiled at how much he cared. “Thanks for caring so much Frank.” I said sarcastically.
“Okay boys, what did I walk in on?”
“Nothing!” Frank yelled as he pulled me off the floor and ran downstairs, out the door.
“So what was that about Frank?”
He stopped and took my hands in his, rubbing his thumbs over my pale skin. “Well Gee, I like you more than just as a best friend.”
“Frankie,” I started pulling my hands from his to put my palm against his cheek. “I have felt that same way for a while now.”
He took my hand in his and we started walking toward the school again. This time not just as best, wait what was our relationship status now?
“Frank,”
“Yes Gee.” He said it like he was answering a question, not waiting for me to say something.
“Frankie are we,”
He cut me off again, “Yes Gee.”
“Frank wait you don’t know what I’m…”
Damn him, he cut me off again. “Gee you are going to ask if we are more than friends and I said yes Gee.”
“Oh, I guess you did know.”
He turned to me and pushed a lock of hair out of my face affectionately. “Honey, we got one of those psychic relationships. You don’t have to say a thing.” And then he kissed me. Quick and gentle, but we kissed and it was like heaven on earth.
We continued walking and reached the school. I didn’t really want to go in. I didn’t care if I got bullied more because now I had a boyfriend. I was worried for Frank since he hadn’t come out yet. To them he was straight, and the jocks even kind of liked him, but me they hated so he was going to be hated and beat up for being gay and dating me. I sighed; I didn’t want that to happen to my Frankie.
I stopped right outside the door since we were the last ones to get there. I pulled my hand away from Franks, earning a confused look. “Frank are you sure you want to do this? You’ll get beat up, and you’ll be hated for dating me.”
“Gee, if that’s what they do to me for being with you, then that’s what they do. I’m not going to have us be a secret just because some guys who ‘like’ me are homophobes.” He lifted his hand up to my face and rubbed his fingers over my cheek. “Baby, your too important to me to do that.”
I smiled, “Okay then let’s show the world the real us.”
He took my hand in his again. “Yes lets.”
We walked into the lobby where there was tables set up for us to sit at to eat. Already people had gotten their pizza and were eating. Frank and I scanned the tables looking for our friends. Looking through I found a familiar head of hair and walked toward the table where our friends sat.
“Dudes your finally here!” our friend Ray yelled when he saw us.
I walked up to him and ran my hand through his thick afro. “The only way we could find you guys was because your hair.”
“Hahaha.” He replied flattening his hair again.
“We thought you guys got lost.” Andy added in.
Bob looked up from his pizza. “Well that wasn’t the only thought on why you weren’t here.”
“Looks like our basic idea was right.” Christian added from the end of the table looking at Frank and I’s hands.
I turned red and Frank pulled away, both of us shoved our hands in our pockets.
“Ha! Don’t deny it!” Mikey said. “I knew there was somethin’ up when I saw you two run down the sidewalk.”
I looked at how they were sitting and where two extra seats were. “Are we just destined to sit like this?”
“What?” James said with a confused look.
“We sit this was at lunch. Ray. Bob, Matt, James and Christian on one side then me, Frank, Andy, and Mikey on the other. You guys didn’t notice?”
“No, and don’t change the subject Gerard.” Matt said giving me a ‘you bad person’ kind of look.
“Oh well okay.” I said then pulled Frank along with me to get pizza. We ate it and then our principle came in.
“Okay ladies and gentlemen, the cafeteria is now open! The DJ is ready to take requests.
We all went into the cafeteria. Many of the guys and girl had rushed in, but of course my friends and I didn’t.
“Can you believe she wore that?” I heard Ray ask Mikey as they talked about how ridiculous a lot of the girls looked.
We walked into the cafeteria and were immediately overwhelmed with music. We took our spot at the window and mostly walked, we danced some but not much, a lot of the songs were really hard to dance to.
Then a slow song came on and everyone was finding their boyfriend/girlfriend and I looked at Frank. Andy, who was standing across from us saw the look and grabbed my arm. “Mikey, grab Frank.” He said and Mikey grabbed Franks arm.
They walked us a little bit away from the group and pushed us closer. Andy proceeded to take my hands and put them on Franks hips, then Mikey put Frank’s arms around my neck, and then they both walked away.
Frank looked at me sort of seductively. “Well hello there.”
I tried really hard not to laugh and replied, “Hello there yourself.” I smiled at him devilishly then slowly and secretly snaked my hand father down and quickly squeezes his ass.
“Gee don’t do that!”
“Why not baby?”
“I’d rather not get hard at a school dance!”
I put my chin on his shoulder and whispered in his ear, “Aww but you have such a nice ass.” I brought my head back up off his shoulder and winked.
“You’re such a tease.”
I looked into his eyes and realized no matter what happened I walked to be able to look into his beautiful eyes forever.
“Frank I’m so glad we are together. And…and I hate you.” I smirked at him.
He slapped my arm, “You started out sweet and ended mean you butthead.”
“That I am.” I wrapped my arms around him tighter and brought him closer to me, his head resting against my chest. “Frankie I love you.”
“Gee I love you too.”
I brought his head off my chest and pressed my lips to his. The song ended and people stared. I didn’t care, I was with my Frankie and that was all that mattered.