The Quiet

Mine

Reaching out, I picked up the knife. It shook in my hand as I continued to watch what was happening. Before I knew what I was doing, the blade was pressed against Alec’s throat. He left Clay go and turned around.

“You think you can hurt me?” He laughed. “You are as useless as your boyfriend here.”

I watched Clay rise from the water, soaked, and he slammed his hand into the back of Alec’s neck. Alec stumbled forward and I was able to grab the knife from him. As he reached for me, I thrust my hand out.

**


The bitch thought she had gotten the best of me by taking my knife. I knew what she was going to do with it, and I was able to move — but not fast enough. Part of the blade stuck me in the arm and I hissed. I staggered, gritted my teeth, and glared at her.

I took hold of her hair, twisted it around my hand, yanked the knife from her, and stabbed her in the stomach. I watched her gray eyes widen, heard the cry she made before I dropped her. He was screaming her name and cursing mine, but all I did was smile.

Clayton was standing over Cari, his hands shaking. He looked at me while she lay on the ground, dying. The expression on his face couldn’t have been more murderous. I grinned at him.

“Let’s see you try,” I said calmly.

He bent down and touched Cari’s face, and as she trembled and reached for him, something tugged at me. This was the same way that Ethan had looked at Maddox before he died. I stepped across the lawn, knife ready.

**


Tears blurred my vision as I dropped to my knees. I gripped her fingers tightly, her eyes never leaving mine. She couldn’t die, not after all of this. She had to hold on. When her whole body started to shake, I dropped her hand and stood.

“You have no weapon,” Alex said, laughing. “You won’t be able to kill m—”

A shot rang out, startling the creatures around us. The bullet ripped through Alec’s leg and he screamed. It brought him down and I smirked.

“I have this,” I told him, holding up a gun. “Look familiar?”

“T-that’s mine,” Alec gasped.

I glanced at him, then behind me. “She is mine, you bastard. If she dies and somehow you live, I will come after you, I promise.”

For the first time, Alec actually looked afraid of something. I knew what it was. I didn’t say anything before I reached him, dug through his pockets, and found his phone. Luckily for me it wasn’t damaged and he wasn’t about to take a swing at me.

I stood, aimed the gun at him, dialed 911, and pulled the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like what I did with this chapter? I will be writing an epilogue, don't worry :)

Comment, please.