Slowly Heal

Realization

I heard his feet hit the floorboards and I panicked. I wasn't going to the playroom, that was for sure. I looked down the right hall and saw Ethan waving me over. I smiled widely, trusting him completely. I ran toward him. As I reached him, he said, "Be careful. I dont want to see you here anymore." I smiled and nodded. I turned and examined the door. Authorized personal only. I smirked and ran for the door. I pushed with all my might and the door gave way easily.
I looked around, confused. This didn't look like I was outside. The chains on the walls kind of gave it away. He lied to me. Ethan deceived me. A tear rolled down my cheek as this thought crossed my mind. I fell to my knees and heard a loud, annoying female voice over the PA system. "Good evening, Alex. I see you tried to escape. Ethan did his job well, I see. Very well. We shall begin. Tyler, Kyle, come attach Alexandria to the north wall." Two teenage boys grabbed my wrists and my eyes quickly flashed to Ethan. His eyes were on the ground, looking anywhere except at me. I sighed the tears fell faster as I was pushed against the cold, stone wall.
Through the tears, I saw the blurry form of John appear in front of me. "Good. Now, Alex. I have a fun night planned for you. You see, Amelia was too easy to torment. I know nothing of you, so it'll be more enjoyable. Jasmine, get my toys, will you?" he asked the small woman beside him. She nodded stiffly, causing her brown hair to fall into her face. She turned and walked out of the room, silent and confident. "Alex, you have to get out of here. They will kill you. Concentrate. Use your power. Its the only way." Amelia yelled. I nodded slightly to myself and closed my eyes. Suddenly, words began streaming in the darkness. I gasped and tried to decipher the words. Latin wasn't my strong suit. "Alex, you need to recite it in Latin." Amelia pointed out. I sighed and nodded again.
"Virtus at esse odio. Veni ad certamen sine me noctis. Angelus tenebrarum in mundo distinctum." The words flew from my lips as easily as if I'd recited them my whole life. My eyes flew open as I began to levitate off the ground. Ethan looked at me for the first time and gasped.