Sequel: Mirror Image
Status: Finished, Complete, DONE! Read the Sequel ;)

Just Like You...

Mother, Where Are You Today?

Shea POV

We waited outside The Jack in the Box for a while. I saw someone about the age I suspected the man on the phone to be.
"Hi, are you Jacky?" I asked.
"If you want me to be." He smiled suggestively.
"No I don't, if you were Jacky I'd have to turn you over to the cops, I don't think you'd like that." I nodded and walked back to my sister. "Whatcha doing?"
"Texting Jared." She answered.
"Why?!" I asked.
"Because, if we're two freaking hours away how the hell are we supposed to keep the band together?" She told me.
I sighed, she was right.
"We can figure it out later, don't go quitting on it now, we've put a shitload of time into that thing."
She sighed and hung her head, putting her phone back into her pocket.
"You're right." She agreed.
"I know I am." I nodded. "You tell Freddy we're leaving?"
"He'll be heartbroken." She bit her lip.
"It's not that long distance, you can keep it together." I reminded, a little sharply. I was still more than a tad bitter that her and Freddy, her boyfriend, were still together while two weeks ago Jared and I broke up. Yeah, dangerous to date someone like your best friend, but I needed him. Or so I thought, I've been damn good on my own without him.
"JS." Alyssa sighed, tracing a scar on my arm. It was the shape of a heart but if you looked at it you could read the two letters scratched into my skin, bent and twisted into the shape of the thing he tore out of me. "That's going to take ages to get out."
I sighed.
"If he notices he'll be guilty as fuck, what if he leaves?" She asked.
"He can't leave, I'm the lead singer! I can't take over his position as bass." I crossed my arms over my chest. "He won't notice anyhow, he never did, that's why he ended it." I winced at the memory *You deserve so much better than what I can give you, Shea. I'm just a fucked up monster. I'm letting my anger issues get the better of me. I've hurt you so bad before, I don't want to end on a bad note. Let's just end happily, as friends.* Some good that did.
"You Shea?" Someone asked. I looked up to see a twenty-or-so year old man pull up in a car.
Ooooh…that's where I recognized the name from…
"You Jacky?" Of 'course it's Jacky you retard. Who the fuck else is sitting in front of you.
Alyssa covered her mouth, looking like she was going to burst out laughing.
"Yeah, get you're stuff and get in." He nodded to our bags and we threw them in the car and hopped in the back together. He was pretty quiet for a long time. It was awkward so I sat there with Alyssa in the back and we were quiet too.
"So how old are you two?" He asked suddenly, looking into the rearview mirror at us.
"Sixteen." I told him.
"Twins?"
"Yup." I nodded.
"Last name?"
"Uh…" I trailed off, "We don't really have one..."
"What do you mean you don't have one?" He looked confused as he changed lanes.
"We don't have one, our mom never like…told us. We took on 'Doe' because of 'Jane Doe' plus Jane is our mom's name...but we don't have a legal one that we know of…" Alyssa explained.
"Okay…" He still seemed confused but changed topics anyway. "So how did you find Ronnie?"
"Who?" Alyssa asked.
"The man on the phone." I told her. "My mom shoved a piece of paper," I pulled it hastily out of my pocket and leaned forward to put it on the table-like-thing next to the emergency brake. "With that number on it and said we'd better hope he'd take us in." I sighed.
"What's up?" He asked.
"I'd kinda hoped it'd be our dad." I bit my lip. "I never knew him…but it's obviously not."
"Ah…" He nodded. He sped over two lanes and onto an exit ramp before slowing down again. "We'll be there in a bit."
I nodded, suddenly a little scared. Alyssa looked at me. Then suddenly, something dawned on me.
"Uh…coincidentally, Jacky…you're last name is Vincent…" I looked at him.
"Yeah…so?"
"Um…are you that guy from Falling in Reverse?" I asked.
"Yeah." He shrugged and we sped carelessly through another turn.
"Ah." I nodded. "Shit…wait wait wait…"
"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow, looking into the rearview yet again.
"Ronnie…as in…Radke?"
"Nah, Ronnie Reagan, resurrected." He rolled his eyes. "Why? Took you long enough."
"Well sorry for not thinking "oh maybe my mom gave me some random famous guy's number! Holy shit let's call!" I crossed my arms over my chest and made a face.
He suddenly burst into laughter after throwing me a backwards glance at a red light.
"What?!"
"Ronnie makes the same face."
I sighed and shook my head.
"I can't believe you didn't put it together…" Alyssa trailed off, looking at me.
"What?! Not like you put it together!"
"They're not my favorite band, their yours." She pointed out.
"Well sorry for not making assumptions." I muttered.
"We're here." Jacky told us as we pulled up at a pretty simple looking house. "He's living at his old place."
I nodded, not entirely caring for what he meant by that. Someone with shoulder length jet black hair ran out the door like a dog rushing to greet his owner after a long day of work.
"Hey, Ronnie, these the girl's you looking for?" Jacky stepped aside a bit.
I had to admit, I'd noticed it before this and never thought anything of it, but Alyssa and he did share a certain resemblance. Maybe…no…he didn't remember his mother…that's what he's always said at least…
"Hey, Dad, come meet them." Ronnie called into the house. An older looking man walked out calmly and stood from the door. He frowned a bit and walked up the small path to the driveway and looked at us.
"You look identical to Jane." He told me. "A spitting image." I'd been told that before. He turned to Alyssa, "You look like her too, a little less maybe."
"I think she looks more like Ronnie. She's got way more of someone else than her mother if her mother looks like Shea like you said." Jacky pointed out. "But they have the same eyes…and the same face…"
I looked shyly around at everyone before introducing myself.
"Uh, yeah. Hi, I'm Shea…like Jacky said…" I held my hand out for the older man to shake it.
"John." He smiled slightly.
"And I'm Alyssa, the sensible twin…well no…I have less sense…but I'm not as annoying as her at least." She shook his hand too. Ronnie seemed shocked. I mean, I was too, I just found out I could possibly be related to my biggest musical inspiration in the world…well no I knew I was related to her, I wrote a shit load about my mom…but I mean both of Ronnie's bands had inspired me greatly to start writing so…yeah…
But still, I wasn't being like…antisocial.
"Let's go inside…have something to drink." John showed us the living room and told us to take a seat. Ronnie seemed to be in a daze and he sat across from us on the other couch. We were awkwardly silent, Jacky had gone to help John.
"What's she like?"
"Who?" I asked, but I knew who he was asking about.
"Mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have no idea about the mother and father's names XD but I did "Jane" and "John" get the joke? XD
Um, yeah, kinda like...the introduction to the family...
please comment and subscribe, but ESPECIALLY comment! I'll write more if you comment! I now have a subscriber so I'm purty happy that at least someone likes my work, but come on, guys, I need motiviaaationnnnn! :)
I love you all, clearly you're the reason I write :p
<3 GIMH