Status: Semi-Hiautus. Still working on it but just busy.

Everybody Has a Secret

There Goes the Alarm and the Sirens Go

Today is the day I get to find out the sex of the baby and I’m preparing my things to go. Vanessa is going to drive us there. She decided to drop off JJ and Eric at her mom’s. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs where they were all waiting for me and ready to go.

“You ready?” Nessa asked.

“Yes,” I said. “Let’s go everybody.”

We headed to the OB/GYN's office. I told Alex that I would call him after once I found out the sex. I think either way he’s going to be excited whether it’s a girl or boy, but same here. As we arrived, I just got a surge of anxiety. I don’t know if every mother goes through this, especially since I know they’re going to do tests to see if the baby is going to come out with any problems or not.

The nurse called my name and we headed into the room she showed us in. We had to wait quite some time since the doctor had other patients to attend to as well.

She knocked on the door and then came in. “Hi, Mrs. Gaskarth, how have you been?” she asked.

“I’ve been doing well. Still some morning sickness but I’m okay.”

“That’s quite alright. Are you ready for the ultrasound and to find out the sex?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Oh, that’s nice. Your husband is still overseas?”

“Yeah, he’s still touring.”

She got the machine ready and put the gel on and started to move the monitor around. You could hear the baby’s heartbeat and every time it made me excited. She kept moving it around some more and then pointed to the screen.

“See there,” she said. “You’re having a girl.”

“Really?” I asked. “I always said since the beginning it was going to be a girl.”

She chuckled. “Well, you were right. Let me take a picture for you.” She handed me the picture. “Alrighty, you’re good to go. I’ll see you at your next check up.”

“Thank you,” I said before she exited the room and I started to cry.

“Why are you crying?” Vanessa asked.

“Because I’m happy.”

She laughed. “Pregnancy has made you an even bigger cry baby.”

“Hey, shut up. You were the same.”

“True. Hormones mess you up, but kids are a blessing.”

After the doctor’s, we headed back to Vanessa’s mom’s house. I told her mom I was having a girl and she was very excited for me.

I went into a room so I could go ahead and talk to Alex. I opened up the skype app and called him.

“Hey, babe,” he said once he answered. He looked a little tired.

“I’m sorry. It’s probably so late over there,” I said. “You look tired.”

“No, it’s okay. I know your appointment was today. How was it?”

“It was good.”

“Well are you trying to keep me in suspense here?”

I laughed and I held up the printed picture. “It’s a girl, babe.”

“Oh my gosh, really?” He sounded really excited.

“Yeah,” I said.

“How did Eric take it?”

“I think he’s just excited to have a little sibling.”

He smiled. “That’s good.”

“Well, I just wanted to let you know. Get some sleep, okay? I love you.”

“I love you too. I’ll try but you got me all excited.”

I laughed. “Go to bed, weirdo.”

“Alright, I will. Love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I ended the call and honestly I don’t really know what to do for the rest of the day but I was kind of hungry. But then again I always feel hungry, if not that, I feel sick But I started smelling food, pancakes. My favorite. I couldn’t resist.

I went into the kitchen and the boys were seated while Vanessa was cooking food.

“Hey, you making breakfast?” I asked.

“Yep, your favorite.”

“Aw, thanks.” I kissed her cheek.

“No problem, love. I love you and you shouldn’t be doing much anyways as a pregnant lady. You did this for me so I’m doing it for you.”

“Aw, you know you don’t have to. And Jack mostly took care of you.”

“Yeah, but I still want to care for you as much as you did with me. Being pregnant is hard so I want to help.”

“Thanks,” I said. She put a plate in front of me and in front of the boys and plated herself last. I took a bite and it was so good. “This is really good. Thank you.”

“No problem,” she said. “Eat up, kiddos.”

The kids began to eat and they were really into it. It was really cute.

+

It’s been a few weeks since I found out the sex. Alex was getting closer to coming home too. He had one more week left of touring. I’m glad he’ll be able to be with me for the rest of my pregnancy. I didn’t want to spend them all of it alone.

I went to Vanessa’s house. I was there pretty much every day or she’d be at my house. We’d try to do things so I could keep myself busy so I wouldn’t be sad all the time about Alex not being here. I’ll have my moments because I miss him so much that I’ll start crying. It sometimes gets uncomfortable for Vanessa and I feel bad. She’s a really good friend.

The kids were watching Finding Nemo on TV. I liked that movie. One of my favorites I’d say. I was watching it with them. Vanessa was out. She was going to get food for all of us. I was craving pizza so it’s what she was getting for us. I was really excited. I love food.

I heard the door open and close.

“Food’s here!” I heard Vanessa shout.

“Come on, boys,” I said. “Dinner time.” They ran out of the room into the kitchen and I went ahead and paused the movie so they can finish it once they’re done eating.

I grabbed a slice of cheese pizza and I took a bite. It just tasted super delicious and I don’t know if it was just because I was pregnant. Or I felt like a high person because everything was more enjoyable.

“I haven’t had pizza in a while,” I said.

“Really? You would eat pizza like every day,” said Vanessa.

“I know but it gives me terrible heartburn right now. The tomatoes do that to you.”

“True.”

We finished eating and I basically almost finished an entire pizza.

We went back to the living room and we continued on with the movie.

I was doing okay up until I started feeling some cramps.

I grabbed on to Vanessa and I groaned in pain.

“What is happening right now? Are you doing okay?” she asked.

“I’m feeling contractions.”

“What?! It’s too early. We need to go to the hospital.”

I nodded. Oh, my gosh, what’s happening. Something is wrong. I know it. I can feel it. It’s too early.

I went to go grab my go bag that I’d take to the hospital. We gather the last of my things and some stuff for the kids and we headed to hospital. I kept getting cramping every now and then. It’s absolutely fucking painful. This is what I’m going to have to deal. I’m absolutely terrified right now.

It felt like forever before we got to the hospital.

“Please help!” Vanessa called out to the nurses. “My friends is only 22 weeks pregnant and she’s having cramping.”

They went and sat me down into a wheelchair and took me into a room. They had to do an ultrasound on me. They need to see if anything is wrong with the baby. I was haven’t any bleeding. At least not yet.

Doctor came in and started to do an ultrasound on me. You can hear the baby’s heartbeat but it wasn’t as fast as it usually is.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

You could see the baby on the screen but I couldn’t see what was wrong and the doctor kept moving the monitor around.

They told me to just wear a gown so I was naked. The doctor said oh no out loud was she was looking at me down there.

“Mrs. Gaskarth, you’re bleeding. We’re going to have to take you into surgery. Something is going very wrong.”

I immediately started to cry but they had to hurry and get me to surgery.

They put the mask on me and I started falling asleep after a while.

Oh, please, God, let everything be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I suck at updating. Also this is a horrible chapter. Sorry if there's any errors. Just wanted to get something out.
[EDIT]
I meant to say a few weeks because sometimes I forget my English and couple only means too so yeah.