Timeless

Darien

One day until the wedding, until our departure and I was a nervous wreck. I didn’t let Alana see it though. Last night I held a meeting with my parents, Celeste, and Roland after Alana had fallen asleep. I didn’t tell them about the baby, just what Alana had told me. Celeste looked sick afterwards. It was decided Adriana wouldn’t be going back with us. We couldn’t trust her. If she did ever come back it wouldn’t be until we reclaimed Arius, and even then she would be thrown in prison.

All of our bags were packed and downstairs ready to be taken to the airport. We would use my parents private jet and leave after the reception. Even though we wouldn’t be coming back to this house, or taking any of our belongings with us when we went back home we still took everything. We needed to be thorough.

Alana and I went to dinner that night just the two of us. Normally the bride ad groom sleep apart the night before the wedding, but since we were already married we didn’t see the point.

“Just so you know, I fully plan on taking whatever is left over of the cake with us.” Alana smiled. I laughed lightly. I had sat on the bench beside her rather than across from her. Wrapping an arm around her waist I pulled her closer to me and rested my head on hers. Her scent was intoxicating.

“I love you.” I murmured into her hair just before the waiter brought the food.

Image


I stood at the altar jittery with nerves waiting for Alana to come through the door. My mother was beside me and placed a hand on my arm trying to calm me. Celeste looked as if she might cry, and for appearances sake Adriana sat beside her though none of us were speaking to her.

The music began and the doors opened. As Alana walked out of the doors and into the garden on her fathers arm I stopped breathing. She was stunning. Her eyes locked with mine and she smiled never looking away as she walked towards me. I felt a brush of warm air across my lips. Alana winked at me.

They stopped just before reaching me and Roland kissed his daughter on the forehead before letting her go. I watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. Alana grabbed my out stretched hand and stepped up so she was next to me. I reached a hand out and stroked her cheek. ‘I love you’ I mouthed to her, she did the same and my mother began the ceremony.

I found it hard to pay attention to what she was saying as I was too busy fighting the urge to kiss Alana.
Our rings were placed upon our fingers and then my mother gave me permission to kiss her. I didn’t hesitate. I bent down and placed my hands upon her cheeks kissing her deeply, her hands grabbed my wrists as she leaned into me.

“Darien.” My mother whispered. “Alana.” We broke apart and looked at my mother she gestured with her head towards the aisle Alana and I turned and faced the guests, who all clapped. I took Alana’s hand and led her back down the aisle, noticing that Mrs. C had a tear on her cheek.

Once we were inside I pulled her into a small nook. “Have I told you today how breathtaking you are?” She blushed a deep crimson. We were able to hide in that nook for quite some time before anyone found us.

“There are 50 people waiting for you two to show up so they can congratulate you.” My father said. Alana and I smiled sheepishly at him and made our way to the reception.

The only time I left Alana’s side that night was when our fathers each danced with her. Everything went smoothly. We had told everyone that we did not want wedding gifts and asked that they instead donated the money to an organization that cleaned up local waterways.

Alana and I had been sitting at our table near the end of the night both exhausted. She leaned against me and propped her feet on the chair beside her, her shoes long gone. Mrs. Caruthers approached us hesitant.

“I would like to apologize for my behavior these past few months. I’ve always had a soft spot for Alana and couldn’t see that you really do love her. The ceremony was beautiful, I offer my congratulations and hope that you two are always happy.” She smiled softly and then walked away. Alana and I stared after her in stunned silence.

Once everyone had left Alana and I changed our clothes and went with our family to the airport. The goodbyes were tearful as was to be expected. We were fairly certain we wouldn’t see them again. No one said a word to Adriana, though she and I had become good friends in the first 20 years after Alana left I couldn’t look at her now. She was the reason I had been without Alana for so long.

“Are you alright?” Alana sat in the plush seat next to me, her hand gripping mine tightly as we started our ascent.

“I will be. I just have a problem with the taking off part. And the landing.” I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. “Should we have told them about the baby?”

“I think it’s best we didn’t. My mother would probably go crazy and start buying stuff for the baby we wouldn‘t be able to take back.”

“Delia already knows.” She looked at me guiltily, “She found me in the bathroom with the tests just before I went over to talk to Adriana.”

“Is that what the molten plastic in the bathroom was?” She nodded.

“I was going to tell you after we got to your parents. I didn’t want you to worry any more than you already do.”

“Why would I worry?”

“Well, we won’t exactly be going back to a safe environment.” Her hand went to her stomach, her face clouding over.

“We’ll figure it out.” I promised. “I’m not going to let anything happen to you or the baby.” She didn’t say anything else and instead rested her head on my shoulder drifting off to sleep.

Alana was right to be concerned about what would happen when we went back. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, that we would have to stay hidden for as long as possible. And while I knew we had to go back soon, that she would be ready soon I couldn’t let her worry about this constantly. Just before I dozed off I made a decision. The next few days would be spent as if we were a normal couple. Not one with magic powers, not one of royalty. We would just be two people in love excited over the news of having a baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's not the greatest chapter. I kind of needed to get from point a to point b and used this to do so. Next one will be better.