Timeless

Alana.

Delia’s estate was insane. The house was basically a giant square U. There was a pool in the center of the courtyard, a hot tub, a spa, a gym. Stables with five horses, tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts. A speed boat, fishing boat, and a yacht. One of the rooms in the house held a vault full of all the gems she handmade.

I discovered this after I had woken up and been unable to find Darien. He was probably jogging but I wasn’t entirely sure, after a while I gave up and wandered around trying to find the kitchen. It took me awhile but eventually I found it.

“Good morning miss.” A man in his late forties greeted me. “I’m Marco, the personal chef. Would you like something to eat?”

“Eggs, hash browns, and bacon?” He nodded and began rummaging through the cabinets and fridge. “I’m Alana by the way.”

“I know who you are. Mrs. Saunders has been talking about you nonstop for the past few months.”

“You haven’t seen Darien have you?”

“I’m afraid I haven’t.” I sighed and pulled myself up onto one of the bar stools. This house was too large for me to find him on my own. Maybe if I just stayed in here he would find me. I needed to practice, I just didn’t know where to do it where no one else would find me. “I’m also afraid I have been terribly rude and haven’t offered my congratulations.”

“Thank you.”

“How would you like your eggs?”

“Scrambled.” I watched him work for awhile in silence not wanting to bother him. He handed me a plate of food when he finished.

“Let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be in the pantry.” The food was amazing. I scarfed it down and then went to the fridge looking for something to drink. I opted for a bottle of water and took a sip before starting the dishes. “Alana.” Marco said from behind me. “I’ll do the dishes.”

“Oh is it ok if I do them? I really need something to do.”

“I suppose.” He turned and walked back towards the pantry. I finished the dishes, dried them, and put them away before checking the clock. I had been up for nearly 3 hours and still hadn’t seen Darien.

I sighed and left the kitchen. I had seen a few bikes earlier and decided to go for a bike ride. There was a path through the ‘forest’ Delia had planted and it seemed harmless enough. Something flashed white in front of me. I looked around but didn’t see anything.

I kept pedaling enjoying the cool breeze when I saw it again. I stopped. Something was definitely out here. I pulled the water bottle out of its holder and opened the cap just incase.

“Who’s there?” My voice came out stronger than I was feeling. I heard a twig snap behind me and jumped screaming.

‘I didn’t mean to frighten you.’ The voice rang clearly through my head. I turned around slowly and nearly dropped to my knees. He of course got to me before I could. I clutched onto him and buried my nose into his fur taking in a deep breath.

“Nien.” I choked out, emotions overwhelming me. “What are you doing here?”

‘Are you not happy to see me?’

“Of course I am. But it isn’t safe. Who is looking after Arius?”

‘We got everyone out. Pheonix is in Landock. Tulrick is trying to get through but Nicholas is managing to hold him off. I’m not sure how much longer he can. We need you to come back.’ He stepped away from me and tilted his head. ‘Your with child.’

“Yeah.” I smiled and brought my hand to my stomach. “Nien you have no idea how happy I am to see you. How much I’ve missed you. But it isn’t safe for you here. You have to go back. Do whatever you can to hold him off. We’ll be back soon I promise.” The pain in his eyes was heartbreaking he gave me a quick nod and then ran off into the brush.

“Alana.” Someone said off in the distance. “Wake up.” Suddenly I realized I was dreaming, my eyes fluttered open. I was in a room I did not recognize. It was large that was for sure. And bright. A bedroom. “Good morning my love.” Darien said softly. I smiled at him and brought my hand up to touch his face and froze. There were white hairs stuck to my palm.

“What’s that?” He asked looking at my hand.

“I just had a dream Nien was here. He said everyone had gotten out safely but now Landock was under attack. He wasn’t sure how much longer they could hold him off.” Darien laughed wickedly and pulled out a large sharp knife out of nowhere. I screamed loudly and suddenly I was back on the plane.

“What’s wrong?” Darien asked his face pale. “Did you get another bad memory?”

“No.” I said shaking. “Just a really bad dream.” I pinched myself to make sure I was awake, I was.

“We are starting our decent.” The captain said. “Please fasten your seatbelts.” The landing went smoothly and then we were moved into a helicopter. Half an hour we arrived at the island. The shaking from my nightmare had since stopped.

“Whoa.” Even in the dark you could tell this place was massive.

“Come on.” Darien grabbed my hand and we walked into the house. I looked around as we walked inside and immediately began wondering if Delia was doing ok. The house we had been in before was claustrophobic compared to this. Darien stopped at the foot of the stairs and picked me up bridal style carrying me up the stairs and to what I guessed was our bedroom. “For the next two weeks you and I are a happy, normal, newlywed couple with no responsibilities or pressing concerns ok?”

“But what about...?” I trailed off unsure of who could hear us.

“I’m serious Alana. Normal. You need this. We both do.” He kicked the door shut behind us and then set me on the bed. He picked a remote off of the small table beside the bed and hit a button. A moment later the fireplace turned on and the shades drew themselves shut. He flicked his wrist and a bunch of candles lit up. “Well. Almost normal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and it kind of sucks. Sorry, I'm just so completely stuck with this story.
On a happier note I've started a new story that I've really gotten into writing. You should check it out.
Until the Tide Returns