Status: New :) active :)

Compulsive

Eight

"Where are you?" I could hear the worry dripping from his voice.

"On the side of the road just outside my neighborhood. I don't know where to go." I pulled out a few hairs.

"Here," he said quickly. "Come here." I sighed.

"I don't know, Aidan..."

"Where else are you gonna go? I need to see you."

"I just saw you half hour ago." I laughed lightly, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"I don't care. Come here." I started the car again and obeyed him, pulling up to his house just as he ran out the door, only in sweatpants. I gasped, staring at his naked chest. He grinned as I stared and blushed, pulling out a hair. I stepped out slowly with my duffel, throwing it over my shoulder and leaning against the car.

"Hey," Aidan said softly. He took my bag and pulled me into a warm hug. I clung to his neck and started balling in the middle of his driveway. He half dragged, half carried me into the house and up the stairs to his room. I gasped and sobbed embarrassingly on his chest, clinging to the warmth and comfort of him.
On his bed, he held me in his lap and rocked me back and forth until my cries subsided. I took a deep hitching breath and wiped away the waterworks.

"So what happened, Lacey?" his thumb rubbed circles on my wet cheek.

"My mom thinks we're having sex, and she called me a slut--" I gasped, more salty waves cascading down my cheeks and dropping into my lap. "And she thinks I'm going to end up pregnant." I trailed off, whispering.

"You aren't a slut. God knows that. So does any rational person. Since we aren't having sex, it's not even remotely possible that you're gonna be pregnant, unless you're the virgin Mary or you're cheating on me. Neither of which is likely or possible." I laughed a bit, but went quiet again. "What else did she say? There's something other than this, I know it."

"She said you're going to leave me." Aidan laughed quietly.

"And you let that bother you?" Of course it would bother me if he left... "We both know I wouldn't dream of leaving you. Not right now, probably not ever." He kissed me softly, leaning in. I whimpered... I was a wimp. But my mouth hurt. He pulled back abruptly, looking incredibly guilty.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly. "I want to kiss you."

"I forgot about you lip. Let me grab some ice really quick." He smirked at me as he wiped blood--ew--off his mouth, and exited the room. I curled under the covers, waiting for him to come back. The bedsheets were cold and restrictive; I felt like I was choking. I scrambled out of bed and tipped forward to his desk, sinking slowly to my butt.

"Here," He came bounding through the door with an ice pack and a glass of water, looking curiously at the empty bed. His eyes quickly scanned the room for me, and landed on my slumped figure in the darkness. "What are you doing over there?" He asked.

"The bed didn't feel right without you." I answered quietly. He laughed softly, crossing the room in two breathtaking strides, setting the glass and ice on the desk above me. He pulled me up by my arms and into his chest, his breath fanning over my hair and neck. Warmth was radiating from him, and I tried to lose myself in it.
My phone rang, just then. I pulled it out of my pocket, checked the ID, and threw it at the wall. Mom can go piss up a rope for all I care. I rested my nose against Aidan's neck, my hands clutching the ice pack to my lip. Listening to his breathing, our breathing in sync, relaxing, not thinking, not worrying.
"Are you tired?" Aidan whispered. I nodded against him, and he pulled me to his bed, laying me down and covering me with his blanket. He turned. I whimpered. Dammit, why did I always whimper? "I'm not going anywhere," He said reassuringly, grabbed the water from his desk, and came back to me.
"Will you lay with me?" I whispered. He nodded, smiling, and set the water on his bedside table before crawling in with me. Pulling myself closer to him, I hesitated. I wished I could kiss him. His hand traced soothing circles from my ribs to my hip, sending me shivers in the best way. As the darkness started to be too much, Aidan began counting with me. Filling the air with my safe numbers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY GUYS!! not that there are that many of you, but still, I'M SORRY! It's literally been months since I updated, but school and work and speech team and life and everything just got in the way! I seriously haven't had a weekend to relax since school started with speech team and working and homework. Enough ranting and excuses. I'm sorry.
I hope you like this ;) it's one of my favorites to write, because they're both so beautifully vulnerable. and comment, please. Pretty please with sugar on top. I'll give you puppies. Thank you all so much for (hopefully) sticking with me, and Aidan and Lacey. Love,
~Hanners <3