Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 12

When I open my eyes the next morning, I quickly cover them with the blanket. The sun is shining straight through the window and into my eyes making my head pound as a headache begins. I've never had a hangover before, I just usually get really bad headaches the next day when I've had a little bit to much to drink. I pull the blanket over me and roll over bumping into something hot. I open my eyes still under the covers to see a naked backside. 'Who the hell is this?' I think trying to remember what happened last night. All I can remember is taking shots at the bar and Embry coming over to me, then some dancing but after that...it's blank. I look down and realize that I'm completely naked also. I try to remember bringing someone back but all I remember is the club. I don't remember the ride back to the house or anything. I pull the covers from my face and slowly sit up. I try to look at the face that belongs to the body but the guys head is under a pillow. I sigh and lay back down closing my eyes. After several minutes the body next to me rolls over and wraps a hot arm around my waist. I quickly open my eyes and look to the person. As my eyes connect with the familiar eyes of Embry, I jerk away. "Why are you in bed with me naked? What the hell happened last night?" I asked quietly trying to avoid my headache from exploding in my head.

"Great, you're up." he smirked pulling me closer toward him.

"Embry, answer me. What happened last night?" I asked angrily sitting up holding the sheet in place.

"Let's get dressed first and I'll tell you." he says getting off the bed and walking around the room grabbing random articles of clothing that belonged to him. "Aren't you going to get dressed?" he asks when I remain on the bed.

"Not until you leave." I respond.

"I've already seen you naked, why does it matter? Oh nice belly ring. Never noticed it before." he smirks sitting in the chair by the window. I glare at him before getting off the bed, wrapping the sheet around my body. "Now you're shy around me? You sure weren't last night."

"What the hell exactly happened last night?" I ask grabbing some shorts and a hoodie from my bag. I managed to slip them on without dropping the sheet which amazed me. "Now I'm dressed...tell me what happened." I demanded sitting on the bed.

"What do you remember?" he asks.

"I remember going to the bar for some shots then you coming over...after that...nothing until I woke up and see your ass in my face." I glare at him.

"Ha ha sorry." he laughs. I cross my arms and I wait for him to continue impatiently. "Well afterwards, a song came on and you wanted me to quote "dance with me lover boy" unquote. You then started to grind against me very provocatively might I say. Then you dirty dance with Kim like you were going to make out with her or something." he smirked after telling me that.

"OK, I vaguely remember the Kim thing. What I wanna know is...how the hell you ended up in bed with me." I demanded.

"I'm getting there. I got tired of watching you dance with her so I pulled you away from her and we started to dance again for a little while. You pulled me back to the table for more drinks and when that song Swing by Savage started to play, you basically gave me a lap dance, just with your clothes on. That lasted for about ten minutes." I groan out loudly as he winks at me. "Then you kissed me and we made out for quite sometime. Paul interrupted us but you made him go away then asked if we could come back here. On the way here you were kissing my neck, cheek and anything you lips could reach since you were sitting on my lap on your demand. When we got back here I carried you up here and you asked me to stay. I told you that I thought you didn't want anything to do with me but you said and I quote 'I-well-uh I don't know what I want. I've only lived one way for so long. I've had everything planned out since I was fourteen. I had the rest of my life planned out with goals I wanted to accomplish. I never planned on...finding out that I was meant to be with you. I planned on dating and going through several heartbreaks before finding Mr. Right like any other girl would do. It kills me to avoid you because of the imprint but I wanna live like any other girl..." He stops speaking as he looked at me. "Then I said 'But why can't you accept it? You get to skip all that dating heartbreak normal girls go through and skip straight to Mr. Right. You can still accomplish your goals and I would like to be a part of that, if you would just accept it and stop fighting it'. I didn't know what you were going to say after that but you really didn't say anything. You just took your dress off and I'm sure you can figure out what happened next." I sighed leaning back against the chair. I blinked twice as I looked at him in shock. Did I really say that last night?

"I don't believe you. I never said any of that." I scoffed.

"You asked me to tell you what happened and I did. I have no reason to lie to you." he replied. I looked at him and I could tell he wasn't lying because what he said I told him is how I feel. There is no way he would know that unless I actually did tell him. "Is that honestly how you feel or was that just the alcohol talking?" he asks looking at me. I thought about lying to him but I know I'm not going to remember the lie so there is only one choice left.

"Yeah...kinda." I whisper looking at the floor and uncrossing my arms to rest my hands on my legs which are crossed on the bed.

"Samantha, you can still live like any other girl. No, you won't have to deal with the multiple heartbreaks from different guys because you've found the one you're supposed to be with...me. Even though you don't want to accept it, you said so yourself that it kills you. You can still live like any other girl out there. We can have a relationship just like any other couple, it will just be worth more because we are made for each other. You are the whole reason why I was born. To protect the land and you. The one person in the entire world that I'm supposed to be with." he quietly says as he comes over to kneel in front of me and grabs my hands gently. "I know that you can feel the exact same thing I feel every time you push me farther away. You feel yourself growing weaker, feel like your losing touch with everything. It's because of the imprint, I wasn't lying when you said that one of us would die if both sides didn't accept the imprint. It's actually happened before, back when our tribe first started many many decades ago and we didn't know what it was. Few of the men thought they were crazy for feeling so attracted to a woman so they tried to stay away from her. In the end, the imprint broke and they ended up dying. Over time we learned that we are supposed to be with the one we imprint on. Every time you pushed me away, I found myself having difficulty shifting. Every time I left you, without getting you to accept it...I grew weaker, my wolf side was getting weaker and more vulnerable. I love you with my entire being Samantha. Yes, I know that the imprint is making me attracted to you but it's not making me feel this way. I feel this way because I WANT to feel this way to you. I'm actually grateful for the imprint because I don't have to continuing searching for the most beautiful girl in the world because the day you walked into my life...my search ended." I could feel my eyes stinging at tears threatened to spill over. "Samantha please say something." he begs looking at me worriedly.

"Embry...I-I don't know. I mean, I feel the same way and all but..it's just-it's all new to me and I don't know h-how to gather it all up in my head. I figured that if I pushed you away, then it wouldn't be difficult to be around you but I was literally having a battle inside of myself every time you were near. I'm not used to feeling like that. It's new and weird and I don't know. I didn't mean to cause you pain, I just thought it would be best but I guess not. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I cried putting my head into my hands. His hands arms were instantly around me.

"There is nothing to be sorry for. If I were in your shoes, I honestly probably would have done the same thing. If you accept it, we don't have to automatically go into a relationship. We could start off as friends with romantic benefits if you want. Then whenever you want, we can start one. I'm not going to force you into anything if you're not ready for it. Even if I have to wait ten...no not ten because I will probably shoot myself by the sixth year but I will wait if I have too...just don't me wait forever to call you my girlfriend." I can't help but laugh. "Ahh...made you laugh. That must be a plus on my part, right?" he smirks.

"I guess." I laugh wiping my eyes, getting makeup all over my hands. "Ugh, I probably look awful." I quietly laugh wiping my face hoping I don't have makeup everywhere.

"You honestly never looked more beautiful." he smirks up at me.

"Embry...I'm sorry for how I have treated you. I really didn't mean to be a bitch, well I did but only because I didn't want this. But I realize that life throws curve balls every now and them. Some for the worst...some for the better. I think this could be for the better. You're right, I don't have to deal with all those heartbreaks. I think...Could we start over? I'd love to get to know you and be friends with romantic benefits." I laugh. He grabs my hand and pulls me up as he stands.

"Hi, I'm Embry Call. I'm seventeen, live in La Push, shape-shifter, I'm a only child, live with my mom and I'm in love with the most beautiful girl in the entire world." he smiled shaking my hand.

"Samantha Melanie Cullen, but you can call me Sami, Mel or Melanie. I've seventeen, live in Forks, I'm a human, only child, live with well you know who I live with and I'm the imprint of the most amazing guy I've ever met." I smile shaking his hand back.

"So now that we are friends with romantic benefits...can we talk about what we did in here last night?" he smirks. I laugh before pushing him away gently.

"Sicko." I smile picking my stuff up and putting it into my bag.

"It was the best sex I've had in a while...wish you remembered it though." he laughs sitting on the bed.

"Oh god." I groan sitting on the floor to fold my clothes neatly. I hadn't noticed until now but Emily had folded my clothes from yesterday with the tomato sauce.

"Just being honest. You're were amazing...pretty rough for a girl who was piss drunk."

"I like to be in control sometimes...get used to it." I laugh looking at him over my shoulder. "Hmm, what to wear today." I sigh looking at my clothes.

"I'd suggest you wear pants...it's snowing." I look out the window and see the white fluff falling from the sky.

"Well that's great." I sigh pulling my clothes out that I'm going to wear today. "I'm gonna take a shower." I say putting my clothes on the bed and head to the bathroom. I pull the hoodie and shorts off then turn the water on. As I climb in the water hits my skin and makes me jump then scream. "AH HEW!!! FUCK THAT'S COLD!!" I scream quickly moving the shower head off of my body. I hear loud laughter outside the bathroom door and glare at it. "CAN IT EMBRY!!!" I yell fixing the temperature of the water. Once it's to the temp I like I turn it back on me and shower. For some reason, I feel like singing this morning. I used to sing in the shower all the time but I haven't done that in years. So this morning choice of song is Holler by the Spice Girls. I squirt some shampoo into my hair and use it as a microphone before I place it back onto the shower caddy. After I rinse my hair and finish doing what I need to do, I get out and wrap a towel around my body as I continue to a different song. I danced around a little bit as I put my bra and underwear on. Just as I pulled my jeans on, I start yelling the words at the top of my lungs. Not even a second later the door flies open, smacks against the wall scaring the living day lights out of me. I scream and turn around to see all the guys standing in the doorway laughing at me.

"Nice bod." Brady and Seth smirk. I look down and quickly cover my chest.

"EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING!?" I yelled grabbing my shirt and putting it on.

"We heard a god awful screeching sound and came to investigate. Didn't know you were singing." Paul laughs.

"I know I can't sing so your comment doesn't effect me one bit." I retort. After they laughed for a few minutes they let me finish getting dressed and headed back downstairs. After fixing my hair, I put all my stuff into my bags, made the bed nicely, put my shoes on and grabbed everything that was mine. I carried them downstairs and sat them by the door. "When are you guys planning on coming to the house?" I ask standing by the living room entrance.

"Actually, here in a few minutes." Sam says from the kitchen.

"Samantha...do you want anything to eat?" Emily asks walking out of the small pantry.

"No thank you. I'm gonna get ready to head home. Thank you so much for allowing me to stay here even though you didn't know me. You are seriously the most generous people I've ever met." I smile giving her a hug.

"It was no trouble at all. Feel free to come back anytime." she replies hugging me back.

"Oh, will you give Kim my cell number? We're supposed to get together to trade clothes and go shopping. Feel free to keep them too." I write my number on a napkin and hand it to her.

"No problem." she smiles.

"You boys can have my number too." I say loud enough for the guys to hear.

"We're not boys...we're men." Jared says as the all come out of the living room.

"Men wouldn't have made fun of someones singing like that, only boys do that." I glare. Before they say anything the screen door opens and Leah walks in. "Hey Leah." I smile at her.

"Hey. Uh are you guys ready to go?" she asks looking at Sam.

"Yeah. Samantha, will you be fine going on your own?" he asks looking at me.

"Yeah. I'd better get going." I gasp giving Emily a hug bye and grabbing my things. I walk out into the snow and put everything in the backseat before climbing into the drivers seat. Before I can close my door a hand stops me.

"Be careful and see you there." Embry smirks.

"Happy running." He kisses me on my forehead and lets me close the door. I start the car and pull out of the drive way then head home. After a long drive, I finally make it to the house. I pull into the garage and turn it off before quickly climbing out.

"THE PARTY IS BACK!!" I yell walking into the house.

"Sami!!!" Several shouts echo through the house before I'm squished into cold hugs.

"Oh I miss you all too." I smile trying hug them back. We walk into the living room and I sit on the couch. They ask how everything went while I was in La Push and I told them. Shortly after, the pack arrives and I smile at Embry. Edward tells them I've accepted the imprint and we're gonna be friends with romantic benefits. Mom is a little upset about it but she wants me to be happy. While everyone talks about their strategy, I make my way out to the garage and grab my bags then take them up to my room to put everything away. After I finish I make my way back down to the living room where everyone is still talking. "Bella, can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask. I know for a fact that she and Edward are the most anxious about what is going to happen.

"Sure." she follows me up to my room where we sit on the bed. "What's on your mind punk?" she laughs.

"Can I ask you something?" She nods her head and I sigh. "Do you really think you'll have to send Renesmee to Rio?" I ask. Her eyes pop open when I say this.

"How...how did you know?" she asks.

"Curiosity killed the cat." I reply.

"I hope not. It's just a backup in case something happens." she sadly says looking down. I have nothing else to say so we sit there in silence till Edward comes up.

"It's time." My heart lurches in my chest. This may be the day I lose my family if the Volturi decide not to listen to what has to be said. I follow them downstairs into the living room and walk straight to my mom and dad as I start to cry. "If anything happens I want you to know that I love both of you with all my heart. Also, I don't regret you ever adopting me into your family. It's been the best life ever." I cry hugging them. The next few minutes are filled with quiet good-byes. We all pray that it won't come to a forever goodbye but just in case. Before I left for La Push, they made a will and everything is to go to me. Along with everybody else stuff. I read in the letter that Bella wrote to Jake in plan b that he is to wait close to a year before he returns here and Renesmee is to go to me. Everyone tells me how much they love me and they will see me soon. All to quickly, I'm left in an empty house that is soon filled with my cries. After about an hour of crying, I collect myself and sit on the couch. I try to comfort myself by saying that they will be back. They are not guilty of anything and it's all lies so they will be back. I actually do end up making myself feel a million times better so I head to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. After searching for something, I decide on Lucky Charms...even if it's three in the afternoon. I pour a bowl and walk back to the living room. I grab the remote from the table and flip the TV to cartoons and stand in front of the couch. I laugh as Tom tries to catch Jerry before putting a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. I prepare to sit on the couch until a loud crashing sounds stops me and makes me jump. I turn to face the glass wall to my left side and I gasp. My bowl slips out of my hand and smashes onto the floor sending milk, cereal and glass all over the place. Before I can open my mouth to scream...I'm unconscious. Great just my luck.