Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 13

~Nobody's P.O.V~
The battle has been going on for quite some time. Volturi and the guard on one side of the field. The Cullens, the Pack and the witnesses on the other. It would only take one leap for anyone of them to reach the other side of the gap between the groups. They talked at a distance first before a few from each side met in the middle. The Cullens said what they had too and the Volturi spoke theirs. Irina was finally brought forward and asked if Renesmee was the child she had seen but of course she wasn't because she had in fact changed. Renesmee was brought forward and Aro spoke with her. Aro saw that she was not what she had been accused of being. She was no immortal child but just the offspring of a human and a vampire before the human had been turned. Caius and Marcus were determined to destroy her because they feared that what the future held for her. Just when they were going to deliberate their decision, Edward asked to make another point that would show them what she could be in the future. That was when Alice and Jasper returned. There would have been cheers and shouts of joy if it hadn't been a very serious situation. Bella, using her powers to shield the others around her from the Volturi's guard and the other that had powers, almost lost it from shock. Alice and Jasper didn't come alone though. They brought a few others who could testify that Renesmee was no danger toward anyone. In the end, they decided to let her live and everyone leave in peace. But before they would go...there were two more things to be taken care of.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
"Get up." a deep voice demands as I fall onto something hard. As I open my eyes I look around confused. I'm no longer in my house but I'm outside lying on the snow. I look up and let out a scream. I quickly try to scoot away but the vampire grabs me and lifts me up. "Shut up." he demands.

"GET OFF OF ME!!" I yelled trying to get away.

"Can't I just knock her out again?" he asks.

"No...bring her forward along with Irina." another male voice says. Irina? I look around frantically trying to figure out exactly where I am. All I can see are dark cloaks and snow lightly covering them. As I look to my right I gasp.

"Irina." I whisper. She looks at me as the guy holding me pushes me forward and two cloaked figures grab her arms and push her toward the front. We stop just behind the last row of cloaks. I look passed one of the figures see my family, the pack and the rest of the vamps standing on the other side of the field. That must mean...I'm with the Volturi. I'm about to scream when a cold hand is clasped over my mouth.

'EDWARD!! PLEASE HEAR ME UNCLE EDDIE!!! YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!' I yell in my head. I hear several hisses from the other side of the field. He heard me and no doubt told everyone else. I looked at the wolves but couldn't point out which one was Embry. I was nearly in tears as I started to think about what was possibly about to happen. That was until one of the Volturi started to speak.

"It has come to our attention...that there is another human that knows of our existance. She seems to have been hidden from us for quite sometime according to her memories. We're reached quite a dilemma. Demetri, bring the girl forward." The cold hand removed from my mouth and pushed me forward.

"LET ME GO!!! PLEASE!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!! GET OFF OF ME!!" I yell trying to get away from me.

"Shut up!" My capture, Demetri hissed. I close my mouth but continue to cry.

"Irina!" I look to my right as Irina is pushed through the crowd, into the open.

"Even though we have agreed to let the young girl live...your false accusation cannot go unpunished, I hope you know this."

"Yes, Aro, but it was a simple mistake." she replied.

"Simple?" Aro laughed before slapping her in the face. I tried to get out of Demetri's grasp but it grew stronger. "There wouldn't have been a mistake if you would have made absolute sure she was what you accused her of being." he hissed. Irina didn't reply. "Now, I understand that...Rosalie and Emmett have taken in this human as their own. As a daughter? Am I correct?" Aro asks gesturing toward me. Mom and Dad both hiss before taking a small step forward. "Will someone remind me what the law is against humans knowing of our existence?" he asks.

"They are to be none and if there are to be any that occur, they are to be taken care of." a small girl on my left speaks. My heart stops for what feels like a minute.

"Very good Jane." Aro smiles.

"She has nothing to do with any of this Aro." Mom hisses glaring at him.

"But she knows to much, she knows what we are. She knows far more than dear Bella does now and she is newly changed." he replies. He stands in front of me in a split seconds and places his hand on my face, making me look at him. I catch a wolf moving forward out of the corner of my eye...Embry. "Were there ever any plans for her?" he asks as a sob leaves my mouth.

"Never...we'd never put this curse on her or anyone for that matter." Dad answers.

"What a pity. She would've been a beauty but you did put this curse on her when you took her in as your own. It has to end." He released my face and walked away. I started to cry harder and tried to pull away from the hands that hold me in my place. I see several forms moving from the other side of the field.

"I HAVEN'T SAID A WORD TO ANYBODY AND I NEVER PLAN TOO!!!! JUST PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!" I beg looking at the group. Aro and a few others look at me before their lips move.

"I'm going to give you all an ultimatum. Since Irina's false accusations can't go unpunished and this human knows about us..you are to choose. Irina or Samantha. You have five minutes to decide." Aro said. If it wasn't for the firm grip on my arms, I would have fallen to the ground crying. Instead I just hung there looking at the faces of everyone I love. They are never going to be able to choose between the two of us. This could very well be the last day of my life.

~Pack's & Cullen's P.O.V~
"We're choosing Sam." Emmett hissed.

"What about Irina? We can't let them kill her, it was a mistake." Tanya argued.

"Yes, one that could have gotten us all killed." Rosalie hissed glaring at her. Everyone had gathered around to figure out what to do. Embry was growling along with rest of the wolves.

"She is our sister...she never meant to hurt anyone and you know that." Kate speaks.

"But Samantha is innocent. She has done nothing at all except get tangled in all this. You're going to let her die because of something we did when she was a baby?" Emmett hissed. Tanya and Kate looked at their sister at the other side of the field. The couldn't lose her. They've lost others before but they refuse to lose her.

"Yes." Tanya replies quietly.

'If she dies...I will kill every single one of you with my own paws.' Embry growled.

"We won't let it come to that Embry." Edward spoke.

"What did he say?" Bella asked.

"He threatened to kill us with his own paws if she dies." he answered.

"Carmen, Eleazar...where do you stand?" Carlisle asks.

"Tanya, Kate...I hope you will one day forgive us. We choose Sam." Eleazar spoke from the back of the group. A sob from the other side breaks their attention for a second as they look. Demetri has pulled her arms farther behind her body in a very uncomfortable position.

"We can't let them kill Irina too. She's family." Esme speaks quietly. "We can't just chose one while we lose the other."

"What are we going to do?" Alice asks. If vampires could cry I'm sure there would be alot of tears.

'How hard could it be to chose Samantha? Honestly?' Sam growls drawing the attention of all of the others. Silence breaks through the gathering for minutes.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
I start to replay all my memories in my head as my death could be just seconds away. I think about all the things I never got to do, the places I never go to see, the family I may never get to start. At these thoughts...I start to cry harder. "It seems that you can't reach a decision." Aro spoke. "Either you chose one or both of them go." Embry growls and starts to advance over. "I wouldn't do that dog." Aro hisses as Demetri wraps a cold hand around my throat and lifts me into the air. I grasp his hands and try to pry them off of my throat. I try to kick him but it's like kicking a wall.

'Edward, tell everyone that I love them please. Tell Embry I love him with all my heart and sorry I didn't accept the imprint sooner.' I gasp.

"You can tell them yourself Samantha. Stop thinking that." Edward yells from the other side.

"Make a decision now or they both go." Aro hissed. They all start arguing on the other side of the field. "Times up. Demetri, you may go first." he says. The vampire holding me releases my throat and hisses. He wraps an arm around my waist and forces my head to the side. Just before his teeth hit my neck, he is stopped.

"STOP!!! Kill me, not Samantha. I'm guilty for false accusations, she is guilty of nothing except knowledge." Irina cries.

"NO!! IRINA!!" Kate and Tanya yell from the field.

"It is my own fault. Aro is right, I should have made sure she was what I thought. I'm willing to be put to death if you let Samantha live." Irina looks at me and I start to cry.

"NO!" Kate hisses.

"Stop sisters. I'm not going to let her die. I'm ready." Irina speaks calmly. Aro looks at her in shock. She was willing to die if I survived.

"Well, this is a first. A vampire willing to die in the place of a human." Caius spoke from next to Aro.

"Yes, it's very strange." Aro spoke.

"First...please release her. As my last dying wish, I'd like to see she is safe." Irina spoke.

"Very well. Demetri." Before I can blink, I'm released from the cold embrace and I fall to the ground. Once I hit the ground I let out a loud sob before I try to regain feeling in my wobbly legs to make it across the field. I stand up and run as fast as I can toward the group. Instead of running to anyone person, I run around them completely. I know everybody is looking at me but I don't care. I continue running.

"SAM!!" Mom yells. I ignore her and keep yelling. As I make it into the tree I hear Irina scream out in pain. I sob as I continue running. Thankfully I'm familiar with the area around the house so I know how to make it back to the house. As I run, I hear the sound of paws thumping against the ground. I push my legs fast and my tears fall faster and my sobs echo off the trees. Before I can climb over a fallen tree, a gray wolf jumps out in front of me blocking my way. I gasp and fall backwards onto my butt where I curl up in a ball.

"Sam. It's me." Embry's voice appears. I continue to sob as warm arms lift me off the ground. I unwrap from the ball and stand up on my feet. I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me. "You're safe honey. You're safe." he whispers into my hair.

~Back at the field~
Irina has just been put to death. Kate and Tanya advanced on the Volturi but the Cullen's were able to stop them.

"Let this be a warning. We will leave in peace now." Aro speaks. In a matter of seconds...they are gone.

"We need to get to Sam." Rosalie speaks.

"Embry went after her. She is absolutely terrified. She might even be scared of us." Edward speaks wrapping his arms around Renesmee and Bella.

"Let us go." Tanya hisses. She and Kate are released as Irina's ashes lift into the air in the slight breeze. The cry tearless sobs as they grieve their lost sister.

"I think it be best if everyone depart their own ways." Carlisle speaks. "Thank you all for witnessing with us today. You're all forever in my gratitude." The large group of vampires are soon narrowed down to the Cullen's, the pack and the Denali clan.

"Go to Samantha...we'll stay here with Tanya and Kate." Carmen chimes.

"Be safe."

~Samantha's P.O.V~ Embry helped me get back to the house as I continued to cry and shake in his arms as he carried me. He carries me to my room and places me on my bed. I barely get out the words but I ask him to lock my windows, close the curtains and lock my door. He asks if I want him to stay with me and I say yes. Once everything is locked I slide my shoes and jacket off and curl myself around him as he sits next to me. My sobs had slowed into whimpers. They stop all together when my eyes run dry and my mouth hurts so bad it almost hurts to breath. I just shake uncontrollably in his arms on my bed. "Embry?" my voice is barely a whisper, I hope he heard me.

"Are you OK?" he asks quietly.

"I-I don't know right now. I've never been that scared in my entire life, my life literally flashed in front of my eyes. I thought I was just seconds away from my death and I started thinking about the things I never would have gotten to do. The stuff I never would have gotten to try. My dreams shattered in front of me when he told Demetri to...ya know. Even though I was seconds from death there is one thing that was positive." I whispered.

"What could have been positive about being seconds from death?" he asked confused.

"As the images of the dreams, hopes, goals and my life flashed and shattered...you were in all of them." I sit up and look up him. He looked at me and smiled.

"You saw me in your future?"

"As weird as it sounds...you were in all of them. I've come to realize that...I can't let my life pass me by. I have to live life because it could be taken away in seconds." I sigh. Before he can reply there is a loud bang on my door. "AAH!!!!" I scream jumping off my bed and running to a corner on the opposite side of the room.

"Sam? Honey, its me." Mom's voice says from the other side of the door. I slide down the wall and curl into a ball as I start to shake again. "Sam, open the door. Please honey." I look at Embry who obviously doesn't know what to do. I stand up and walk over to him then stand behind him. I push him toward the door and he opens it. "Sa-Embry? Where's Sam?" she asks clearly worried and freaked out.

"I wanna be alone with Embry." I say keeping myself behind him.

"Sam, let us in." Dad says. "We need to make sure you are alright."

"I'm OK...I just want to be alone." The room is silent for a while.

"Fine. We'll be here when you wanna talk." Mom says. Embry closes the door and turns to face me. I wrap my arms around his waist. He guides me to the bed and we climb onto it. I curl up against his side and we just remain silent until his snoring is heard softly.