Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 14

"I think I'm gonna get a job." I tell Embry as we sit on the beach watching the sunset. We had just gone on our second date and it was so much fun and very romantic. He took me to dinner and to a movie. Ever since the day of the Volturi thing, we've been hanging out alot more. We've been here for about two hours, just hanging out. We kicked a soccer ball around for a few until we sat on the blanket and just started talking. I'm sitting in front of him between his legs, soaking up his warmth.

"Why? Doesn't your family have tons of money?" he asked.

"Yea but I wanna make my own money. Plus it will give me something to do during the day while you're at school or patrolling."

"Do you have any ideas where you wanna fill out apps for?" he asks playing with me hair.

"I was thinking along the lines of clothing stores. Like Hollister, American Apparel...Victoria's Secret." I smirk leaning my head to the side and looking up at him.

"Oh really? Victoria's Secret. You gonna model some of their stuff for me?" he smirks.

"You're funny." I sarcastically laugh.

"Just a thought." he smirked. "A really good thought."

"Embry!" I gasp smacking his chest.

"Sorry, I'm a guy and when my imprint says she might work at Victoria's Secret...it gets me thinking about certain...things." he laughs quietly.

"Good lord...anyways. How's school?" I ask.

"Awful. I'm failing most of my classes. The guys and I have been thinking about quitting and just getting out GED. Patrolling is taking so much of our time and when we're not patrolling we are too tired to study so, we really don't see the point in going if we can't get anything done." he sighs.

"That sucks. I heard the GED test is almost as hard as the ACTs but easier than the SATS."

"I heard the same. Leah and Sam both got their GEDs." his hand rubbed my arm causing bumps.

"I didn't know that. Well, whatever you decide...I'll stand behind you no matter how much I hate that you're throwing your high school diploma away. But it's your choice."

"Thanks hun...means alot." he kisses my hair. As the sunsets in the sky, it casts bright oranges, pinks, and reds across the sky.

"No, thank you." I sit up and face him with a smile on my face and a confused one on his.

"For what?" he asks.

"Imprinting on me. Being there for me. Putting up with my attitude and everything before I accepted it. I've never met anyone who is as amazing as you and I've met alot of people in my seventeen years of life." I crawl closer to him and sit back on my feet.

"There is no need to thank me. I'll always be here even if you get mad at me and tell me to leave." he smiles. I snicker and push my lips gently against his. When he kisses back I add more pressure to mine and start pushing him backwards. I crawl on top of him as he lays down and continue to kiss him. He placed his hands on my hips and smirked into the kiss. As his hands moved up my sides, my shirt rose up and the warmth of his hands left trails and making me shiver. "You getting cold?" he asks pulling away from my lips.

"No...I'm just fine." I smile laying my head on his chest and looking down the beach that was lit up by the sunset. My mind drifts to thinking about what has happened to me since I moved here and I can't help but smile at all the good things. The worst thing that has happened was when I was kidnapped by the Volturi. The best thing is Embry imprinting on me. It may have took me some time to figure out that it wasn't that bad but I'm happy he did. Then I started to think about the people I've met. Kim, she's just amazing. I love being around her, she's my shopping buddy. Sam and Emily. God love em. They are the sweetest people I have ever met in my life. Always welcoming even when times are bad. Seth, Quil, Jared, Leah, Collin, Brady, Paul...Oh god Paul. That first night at Sam and Emily's flashed into my head. When we went to the hotel and had sex. I was suddenly being crushed by guilt. God, I'm horrible. I really shouldn't have done what I did but...god. I feel like I'm being crushed by a massive weight that is making it hard to breath. I sit up and quickly move away from Embry as I try to breath.

"Sam, what's wrong?" he asks worriedly.

"I can't breath..." I whisper trying to catch my breath. I have to get this off my chest. He deserves to know, he needs to know that I betrayed him but he'll hate me forever. "Embry...I have something to tell you and you are going to hate me may even stop talking to me. But I feel like I have to get this off my chest." I sighed.

"Ok, tell me." he hesitantly said sitting up.

"Remember the first night I stayed at Sam and Emily's?" I start off. He nods his head and I suck in a deep breath. "After everyone left, Paul was the last one there. We started talking and...I...kissed him." I said quietly. He looks at me for a second. I start to prepare myself for a major blow up. He looks at me for a second and I see his tongue rub across his teeth under his lips, something I notice he does when he is a little upset.

"Ok, you kiss him. It was just a kiss." he laughed but I knew it was a fake laugh. "It was just a kiss...right?" he asks. My heartbeat picks up as he looks at me. I suck in a deep breath and look down at the sand that had flaked the blanket. "Samantha...what aren't you telling me?" he asks. I feels tears start to fill my eyes as I think about the reaction he is going to have when I tell him the rest. I stand up and turn my back toward him and look out at the water. "Samantha...you can tell me." he says. I feel his presence behind me as he stands up. A tear left my eye as I turned to face him. He raised his hand to wipe it away but I pushed his hand away.

"I slept with him." I sob as tears flood down my cheek. His eyes widen seconds before he starts to shake. "It was while I was trying to push you away and afterwards...I felt SO guilty. I felt like a knife went through my heart and I felt as if I felt your betrayal like I do now." I cry reaching out to touch him.

"Sam...don't touch me." he growls as he starts to shake even more.

"Embry I'm sorry." I whisper stepping toward him but he steps back four times.

"Samantha...get away from me. I think you'd better head home." He growled through gritted teeth.

"Embry, please don't. I regret every second of it and I really didn't mean for it to hurt you." I beg crying.

"Then why did you wait so long to tell me if you regretted it?" A spasm ripped through him as he growled ferociously.

"SAM, GET BACK!!" Sam yells as he and the pack emerge from the trees. I follow his instructions and steps back but continue to cry. "Embry, you need to calm down." he says with an alpha tone.

"What happened?" Jake asks walking over to me. I open my mouth several times but I just look at Paul. I hear a loud growl and look at Embry. He runs forward and tackles him to the ground. Punches are being thrown left and right as Paul tries to fight him off. They start to shift and within seconds, I'm being shielded by Seth and Jared as they shift. Sam shifts seconds later and growls at them. They continue clawing, biting and wrestling around in the sand as the rest of them try to keep me out of the way so I don't get hurt. Sam growls again, this time even louder. The two stop but not before Paul gets in a good bite that makes Embry howl in pain.

"EMBRY!!"I cry jumping in front of the two standing in front of me but a warm arm holds me back from running to him. As he starts to shift back to his human form he lays on the sand for a second. After a minute or two, all three of them are standing on the beach naked but I keep my eyes on Embry. Leah and Quil pull Paul away from him. I look at Paul with an apologetic look. There was no doubt that they were yelling at each other so when he looked at me with understanding...I sobbed. I pushed away from Jared and made my way to Embry. "Embry are you OK?" I ask kneeling down next to him.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!" he growls pushing me away roughly. I stumble backwards and fall onto the sand.

"Embry, what happened?" Sam asked helping him off the ground. I scooted back until warm hands gently gripped my arms and lifted me up.

"She and Paul had sex! The first night she stayed at your place. They went to a hotel in Port Angeles after you and Emily went to bed." he growled glaring at me.

"I told you it was an accident. It was when I was trying to push you away before I accepted that we are made for each other." I cry trying to defend myself.

"Well congratulations...you fucking pushed me away." he glared at me. My heart felt like it was going to shatter any second. I looked at him for mere seconds before I looked at everyone else.

"I'm sorry." I choked through a sob before turning and running into the trees.

"Samantha!" I ignored whoever yelled and kept running. I made it to my car and quickly climbed in. After starting it, I threw it into drive and slammed the pedal against the floorboard. The tires squeal loudly before I shoot forward and zoom through the streets. My tears and sobs continue as I drive through the night. I skid to a stop once I make it to the house and I just sit in the car crying. I rest my head on the steering wheel and wipe my face. I turn it off and climb out then head into the house.

"Hey, Hun. Did you have a good ti-What happened?" Dad asks walking down the stairs. I let out a sob and run up to my room slamming my door. I flop onto my bed and throw my head into a pillow as my makeup smears onto it. There is a faint knock at my door.

"Go away." I sob moving my face away from the pillow.

"We're not going away until you tell us what is wrong and don't say nothing because if nothing was wrong you wouldn't be crying like this." Mom said walking in.

"We got into a fight and he told me to leave." I cried burying my head into the pillow, hoping it will suffocate me.

"Why were you fighting? What happened?" Alice asks. I sit up and look around my room. Everyone is here except Edward, must be with Renesmee. I catch a glimpse of myself in my vanity in the corner, there are two thick black marks running down my face from my make up.

"I did something awful while I was down in La Push before the Volturi showed up. I was trying to push Embry away and I was willing to do anything. The first night I was there, when everyone went home, Paul was the last one there. Sam and Emily went to bed and for a while we just sat there watching TV until I kissed him." I cried looking up at my ceiling.

"You guys were fighting over a kiss?" Bella asked.

"The kiss led to more." my voice was really quiet...I really didn't want to tell them this.

"Sam, you can tell us." Carlisle said.

"We had sex. Tonight I started to think about everything that's happened since I came here and I felt like I had to tell him since we were starting to get closer together. When he started to shake, the pack showed up and he attacked Paul. Sam ordered them to stop and after they shifted back he pushed me away. I apologized several times but he just said that I hurt him and I left." I sobbed putting my head in my hands. "I am the worst person in the world. I shouldn't have done it but I tried to apologize several times. Paul and I both regret it. I knew it would hurt him and that was what I wanted at the time but I didn't want that tonight."

"You are not the worst person in the world. You sweet, funny, kind, a hard worker and so much more." Alice said sweetly.

"I'm a liar, a betrayer, and a horrible imprint." They just let me cry and it lasts for about twenty minutes until I fall asleep because of Jasper.