Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 15

It would be a horrible lie to say that I'm alright, because I'm not. I am a complete mess inside and out. Inside, I feel like my heart has caved into itself, has torn in two and is barely beating. Outside, I haven't showered, haven't changed out of my pajamas in three days, I still have makeup on from that night and I really could careless. I've barely eaten anything, I haven't cleaned my room, I haven't done anything except lay in bed all day and watch black and white sappy movies and cry at the sad part while eating my weight in Ben & Jerry's ice cream, no specific flavor because they are all good. Oh, wait! That's a lie. Yesterday I walked to the kitchen to get more junk food. Everyone has been trying to make me feel better which is really sweet. Alice, Esme and Bella got some job applications for me since I've been wanting to get a job. Edward and Jasper have been trying to get me to laugh. Mom and Dad have been doing everything they can for me. Renesmee...adorable Renesmee has been coloring me pictures, making crafts for me, joining me when I watch animated movies and showing me funny pictures in my mind. Carlisle has been talking to Sam and telling him how I am. Kim has been up here everyday just hanging out. It's nice to be around another girl who is my age. She knows what to avoid unless I ask about him. Apparently he asked her yesterday how I was and she told him I was a wreck. She says that he is a mess to but not as much as me. I am such a wreck that I would probably stay here for the rest of my life if stayed mad at me for that long. If it wasn't for the job interview that Alice arranged for me at Victoria's Secret, I probably wouldn't be getting out of bed at all. "OK, time to get up and get ready." Alice, Bella and Mom walk into my room without knocking while I'm in the middle of Casablanca.

"I'm just gonna go like this. If they hire me, they hire me. If not oh well." I sigh turning my attention back to my TV.

"Sam, you've been saying you really want to work. You won't get hired if you look like a homeless person." Alice said walking into my bathroom, her heels clacking against the floor then disappearing as she reached my closet.

"Come on, get up." Bella smiled at me. She disappeared into the bathroom and the water turned on. I groaned and threw the blanket off of me then climbed out of bed.

"Your outfit is picked out and hanging on the back of your closet door. Get cleaned up and dressed." Mom demands pushing me toward the bathroom. I sigh in frustration as my bare feet hit the tiled floor. "Stop sighing. After you're done, come down to the kitchen. Esme is making you something to eat."

"Whatever." I reply before they leave. My bedroom door clicks shut and I sigh before stripping. I step into the warm shower and do my things slowly. The water is cold by the time I completely finish. As I step out, I wrap a towel around my body and look in the mirror above my sink. I've clearly lost weight and I have dark circles under my eyes from all my crying. I feel a spark of anger shoot through me and I raise my fist and punch the mirror. It shatters under my fist and falls on the counter top and onto the floor. I pull my fist back and it's covered in blood that drips from my fingers and into the sink. "SHIT!" I yell turning the cold water on and sticking my hand under it. My door opens, Mom, Dad, Alice, Jasper, Esme and Carlisle rush in.

"What happened?" Dad asked.

"I punched the mirror." I hiss as a piece of glass moves against the water. Carlisle comes over to me and looks at it.

"It doesn't need stitches. Just a few gashes." he says reaching under my sink and grabbing my first aid kit. My bathroom is stocked with medical stuff since I'm accident prone. Dad moves me to my toilet so I don't step on the glass while Esme, Alice and Mom clean the glass up.

"Why did you punch it?" Jasper asks.

"I don't know, I got angry and punched it." Carlisle quickly removes the glass from the cuts and cleans it up. When it stops bleeding, he wraps it with gauze and sighs.

"Don't punch anything else. Edward had to take Bella to the cottage when she smelled the blood."

"Oh crap! I totally forgot. I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's OK. She was the one who told him to do it. She'll be fine shortly." Esme reassured me.

"Alright...let's let her get dressed for her interview." mom smiles dumping glass into my trash can. Once they leave I remove my towel and get dressed in what Alice picks out for me. I blow dry my hair straight and add a little eye liner. That's all I feel like adding. No lip gloss, no eyeshadow or anything. I slip my shoes on and walk out into my room. It's different. Clean. Bed is made, dirty tissues and clothes have been removed and the curtains are open, brightening up the room. I grab my purse, cell phone and keys then head down to the kitchen where there is a plate with waffles on them. I sit at the counter and eat them slowly. When I finish I grab a coat and walk to the living room.

"I'm leaving." I sigh.

"You look great sweetie." Mom smiles.

"Yeah. Whatever." I groan turning and walking to the garage.

"GOOD LUCK!!" everyone yells.

~Two hours later~
"We will get a hold of you in the next couple days to let you know." the manager says at the end of the interview.

"Look forward to hearing from you." I say placing a fake smile on my face before I shake her hand.

"You have a good day."

"You too." I smile before leaving her office and making my way through the pink store. As I walk out into the mall walk way, I slip my purse over my shoulder and sling my coat over my arms. I slowly walk around looking into a few stores. As I make my way toward the food court exit, since that is where I parked, I see a familiar head of hair. "Kim, hey." I say walking over to her.

"oh uh Sam, you're out and about? Are you OK? How are you?" she asks.

"I'm fine, I had a job interview. As for the last question..." I can't even answer it but she knows how I am. "Are you here alone?" I ask looking for Jared.

"Um...No. Actually." she sighs.

"Where's Jared?" I ask.

"He is with...the guys." she answers. I notice her eyes look behind me and I turn to look. The pack is walking this way laughing. My eyes immediately shift to Paul and Embry. They are acting like nothing happened. Embry looks absolutely fine while I on the other hand am a total wreck. When Jared looks up he stops, making everyone bump into him in shock.

"Sam...um hi." he hesitantly says.

"Hi." I whisper not taking my eyes off of Embry as he looks at me. I feel my heart squeeze tightly in my chest. It's an awkward silence as we stand there.

~Embry's P.O.V~
As Paul finishes telling us all a joke, we all laugh loudly as we make our way toward the food court to meet up with Kim. As we laugh I end up bumping into Seth who has stopped walking and he bumps into Jared. He is frozen in his place looking straight ahead. "Sam...um hi." he says. I immediately look for her. She's standing next to Kim in front of us. She is wearing dress clothes, heels and makeup. I guess she isn't as torn up as Kim led me to believe. The only thing that has changed about her, is her face. She looks like a zombie. Her once round face as slimmed tremendously and she has massive dark circles under her eyes. OK, maybe she is as bad as Kim says. She still looks beautiful though.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
"What brings you to the mall?" Kim asks.

"Oh, I-uh had a job interview...at Victoria's Secret." I reply pointing in the direction of the story.

"What the hell happened to your hand?" she asks gasping and grabbing it.

"I punched my bathroom mirror." I look at the group nervously and kinda embarrassed.

"Why?" Seth asked.

"I think we all know why." I say looking in Embry's direction. "I see you're doing fine." I say sarcastically.

"You too." he replies.

"Me fine? I've been in bed for three days. I've been an emotional wreck. Yea, I'm just fine." I scoff.

"Don't get mad at me, I didn't do any of this." he says stepping to the front of the group.

"I tried to apologize. Why are you acting like I'm the only bad guy. You seem just fine with Paul. He was involved in this too. Why aren't you still mad at him?" I ask, really close to yelling. He looks at me for a minute before looking away. "I'm sorry, I gotta go." I whisper turning away.

"Sam, wait." Embry calls after me. I slide my arms through the coat and start to jog out to my car. Once there I get in and drive back to the house.

"How'd it go?" Bella asks once I walk into the house.

"She'll call me in a few days. It's looking up." I sigh walking into the living room. Jake is sitting on the floor watching Spongebob with Renesmee. "Where's everybody at?" I ask.

"Hunting. I hunted earlier so I stayed behind." Bella answered. I nodded my head and looked at Jake.

"I ran into your friends. Embry seems to be doing fine." I scoff sitting on the couch.

"He's not. His temper is getting on my last nerves. All he can think about is you." he said looking up at me.

"Wha-what?"

"Yeah. He's tried several times to call and talk to you to try and fix things but he doesn't know if you'd answer."

"How long have him and Paul been buddy buddy again?" I ask annoyed.

"A few days."

"A few days? I've been sulking up in my room for three and a half days while he is out there living it up with Paul who is apart of this too. Oh I swear." I groan. As I lean my head against the back of the couch, I feel the cushion next to me shift slightly and a small hand on my face. Images flash in my head. They're of Embry. He came here after I left to talk to me. Mom told him I wasn't home and he told her to tell me to call or text him. The pictures fade as Renesmee removes her hand. "Thank you Ren." I smiled giving her a hug. I pull my phone out and prepare to send a text. 'We need to talk.' I send it to Embry and get a reply a second later.

'give me a few minutes' I slip my phone into my purse and stand up.

"He's on his way. I'll be up in my room."

"Can I go Mantha?" Renesmee asks.

"Sure, let's go." I smile picking her up and placing her on my hip.

"I'm gonna head home for a while. Bye Nessie." Jake smiles pecking her cheek.

"Bye bye Jakey." she smiles.

"I will let you know when he gets here." Renemsee and I head up to my room and I place her in the corner where she has a few of her toys. I walk to my closet and change into something more comfortable. When I finish sit on the floor and play with her. Thirty minutes later, there is a knock at my door.