Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 16

"Come in." I continue to play with Renesmee as my door opens.

"Hey." I look up and see Embry standing by my door.

"Hi." I smile as Renesmee puts a clip in my hair that has a big polka dotted bow on it.

"You uh...wanted to talk?" he asks slowly walking around my bed toward us.

"Don't she look pwetty?" Renesmee asks. Everytime she messes with my hair, it goes in every direction and I look like I just crawled out of bed.

"She looks beautiful." Embry replies with a weak smile. "How's your interview go?"

"It was ok. Told me she's call me in a few days,so..." I say crossing my fingers on my uninjured hand.

"How's your hand?" he sits on my bed nervously.

"S'okay...hurts when I bend my fingers, so I'm trying to do that."

"So why exactly did you punch the mirror?" he asks.

"I don't know." I answer shyly and kinda embarrased. "I just got angry for a split second about how horrible I look because of all this." I sigh looking at my gauzed hand. "Hey, Nesmee...why don't you go show mommy your coloring book?"

"Ok." she smiled grabbing it and running out of the room. I hear Bella's voice outside the door so she must have heard me ask her to leave. I get up off the floor and walk to my vanity. As I look at my reflection I can't help but laugh before taking the many clips out of my hair. After doing so, I face my room and lean against the vanity.

"It seems like you and Paul are best friends again." I sigh crossing my arms and walk over to my window seat. "Was it easier to forgive him because he's like your family or did Sam say so?"

"I forgave him because I saw in his memories that you were the one who forced yourself onto him."

"It's not like I freaking raped him. If he didn't want to do it, he could have left or something. He didn't have to go to the hotel with me. Plus, it happened when I was denying the imprint. If he was a good friend he wouldn't have gone with me and he would have been trying to get me to accept it like the rest of them. But he didn't."

"I didn't come here to argue." he whispers.

"Then why did you come? To forgive me? Apologize? What Embry? Throw me a freakin' bone because I've been moping for three and a half days. I hardly ate, I didn't leave my room, I cried myself to sleep every single night, I even thought about killing myself because I thought you were never going to forgive me. What would be the point in living if the one person I'm supposed to be with hates my guts for a stupid mistake and doesn't wanna see me? I thought that I had ruined yours and Paul's friendship but apparently I hadn't because you forgave him the next day!" I yelled as tears filled my eyes.

"y-you thought about killing yourself because of me?" he asked shocked.

"Not because of you...because I was afraid to live without you with me. I didn't want to live if you were never gonna talk to me again, see me again or anything. I don't know how many more times I have to apologize Embry, but if I have to...I'll do it everyday if I have to as long as will still talk to me. You don't have to tell me you love me or that you wanna spend the rest of your life with me or anything like that. I just don't wanna live with you totally hating my guts." Tears stream down my face as I sob. As my eyes close I'm surrounded by warm arms.

"Please don't think about killing yourself. I wouldn't be able to live in a world where you didn't exsist. It would absolutely tear me apart if you took your life and it would really piss me off if you took yourself from me." he whispers making me look at him.

"I'm so sorry, Embry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I manage to say though my sharp gasps and quick sobs.

"Samantha...look at me." he commands. My eyes move to his and I let out a quiet sob. He still has love in his eyes. "I forgive you. You don't have to keep apologizing, ok? I can feel that you regret it and that you've beating yourself up about it. I know how much you wish you could take it back even if you were denying the imprint. I forgive you."

"But I don't deserve it." I cry.

"Samantha...everyone makes mistakes. Everyone screws up every now and them, plus it's not like you actually cheated or anything. So this time you do deserve it. I love you with all my heart and this didn't change anything." he smirks wiping my tears before pressing his lips gently to mine. I kiss him back quickly before he pulls away. "Plus, I had better sex with you than he did." he smirks. "And I lasted longer too." I can't help but laugh as I wipe my face.

"Wish I could remember that." I sighed.

"Me too. Have you eaten anything?" he asks.

"This morning. I was gonna grab something earlier at the food court but...yeah." I sigh.

"You wanna go to McDonalds or something? I could use a couple Big Macs." he smiles.

"Um...I-I guess."

"Alright...do you wanna change or go like this?" he asks pulling at my oversides sweats.

"I'm gonna change really quick." I kiss him on the cheek before walking toward my bathroom. Once there I close the door and lean against it smiling for a second then walk to my closet to change.

~Fourty-Five minutes later~
As I sit across from Embry eating my salad and a look of disgust planted on my face, things seem to be ok now. Since we got here it's been like it was before I opened my big mouth the other day, except he wasn't shoving greasy sandwiches into his mouth one after another. I don't think he even tasted it since he was inhaling them so fast. "Are you really going to eat all those?" I ask gsturing to the six sandwiches in front of him. He has already eaten four big macs and two large fries.

"Yep, are you really going to eat a salad?" he asks as grease slides from his mouth and down his chin.

"I normally don't eat fast food burgers. To much grease and I'd prefer to keep my arteries unclogged." I frown scooping some salad into my mouth. "Plus, I spent three days stuffing my body with junk food. I need something healthy in my system." When I finish my salad, I decide to get us milkshakes to go so I throw my empty salad container away and head to the counter. There are a few people ahead of me so I stand in the back and decide which flavor I want. As I'm standing there I hear these whispers coming from behind me and try to ignore it. When I hear laughter I turn to see a group of guys smirking at me. As the line moves up, I scoot away from them but they scoot closer. I cant' decide if I want vanilla or strawberry.

"Psss..." One of the guys behind me tries to get my attention. "Pssst." I turn to look at them. "Hi." the one closest to me says.

"Uh hi." I reply turning back around before I have to turn around again when a different one speaks.

"You from around here?" the one with lip rings asks.

"No." I turn around as the line moves again and decide to get strawberry for me and chocolate for Embry. I hear them whispering and laughing behind me as I wait for the girl in front of me to finish her order. As I wait, I feel a hand on my hip. I turn around and push the hand off of me aggresively. "Keep your hands off of me." I warn.

"Why don't we show you around then you can come back to our Frat House." one with glasses says.

"I'm good, now leave me alone." I turn back around as it's my turn to order. "One large strawberry shake and a large chocolate shake." I order and pay then wait for them to make the shakes.

"Oh come on. Girls like you shouldn't be here on a Friday night alone, they should be partying." I feel a smack on my butt.

"I told you to keep your hands off of me. I'm not here alone for your freakin' information so leave me alone or I'll get him to kick your ass." I glare.

"I'd like to see him try. Six against one, that will be easy. Now grab your shakes and come with us." he replies demandingly.

"I said no." I grabbed the shakes in each hand and looked at the worker.

"I wish someone would kick their asses." she smirks. I smile at her before turning to leave but I'm stuck in place as they keep me from leaving.

"Move." I demand.

"No."

"EMBRY!" I yell loudly.

"Oh Embry? What kind of name is that?" the one with lip rings laughs.

"Sounds like a wussies name." a different one laughs.

"Oh you're wrong. He is not a wussy and neither is his name. If I were you I'd back away and let me leave or HE will remove you." I smirk looking toward the back of the group where Embry stands glaring at them. They all turn to look and a few step back. Embry is clearly bigger than all of them. Maybe a foot taller, more muscular and extremly pissed.

"I think she told you to move more than one." he glared at each of them.

"We were just messing around dude." one of them laughed.

"Hassling her, DUDE, isn't messing around."

"Brad let's just go."

"You're lucky we have stuff to do." 'Brad' says trying to be tough. The group leaves and Embry comes over to me.

"You ok?" he asks.

"My hero." I smile with a slight southern accent.

"My pleasure madam." he smirks.

"Your shake." I hand him the large dessert in my hand and grab two straws. "Mmm...that's delicious." I smile as we walk out to the car.

"Very chocolatey." He walks to my side of the car and opens the drive seat for me with a chocolate covered smile. Before I get in, I put a little strawberry on my lips and push mine against his. Mixing chocolate and strawberry. When I pull away I lick my lips and smile.

"Mm...that's good." I get in and close the door as he walks to the passenger side and climbs in. As we hit the road, I turn the radio on and start to sing along with the song that is playing. I start off quietly but I forget that Embry is in the car with me and start belting out the notes, WAY off key but I don't care. He too starts singing along with me and I can't help but laugh when it ends. "I can mark audition for American Idol off my to-do list." I laugh.

"Same here." he laughs. "So...could tonight be considered as a date?"

"If you want it to be one."

"I'd like to think it was." he smiles.

"Then yes...it was a date." I finish my shake as we turn onto the road that leads to La Push. After about twenty minutes, my stomach starts to rumble and I feel nauseas. I grab my stomach and groan silently.

"You ok?"

"I don't feel so good. I feel nauseas. It should go away in a few." I sigh pushing the thought out of my head. He starts talking about how his mom has started to see this guy that lives a few miles away and I'm barely concetrating since I'm trying to not throw up. Suddenly, I swerve off the road and skid the car to a stop as I quickly jump out and run to the tree line and double over, emptying my stomach.

"Sam? You ok?" Embry asks shutting the car off and getting out to hold my hair as I continue to be sick. When I think I'm finished the smell hits me and I start all over again. When I stop this time Embry kicks some dirt over it and the smell doesn't hit me this time. "Better?"

"God that was aweful." I groan walking to the back seat of the car. I open the door and reach under the seat pulling out a bag. As I search through it I find a piece of gum and shove it into my mouth.

"Are you ok?" Embry asks making me face him and puts a hand on my cheek.

"Yeah...probably spoiled milk or something." I say looking around. I notice a sign that says La Push Beach Parking. I hadn't realized we were even at the beach. I must have turned in here when I pulled over.

"I don't think it's milk because I feel fine. Maybe you're getting sick."

"Eh. Maybe. I'll have Carlisle check it out when I get home." He lifts me up and places me on the seat. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him toward me.

"You better." he playfully glares at me.

"Oh yeah...that really scares me." I rolled my eyes and smirked. He glares at me this time trying to be serious but his scowls falters as his lip curves up a little. "Please...don't hurt me." I gasp faking scared. I chew my gum for a few more seconds before spitting it out now that my breath is minty fresh.

"Never." he replies placing his hand on my neck and placing his forehead on mine. We look into each other's eyes and I can't help but smile.

"Good." I pull him closer to me and just hug him. After about five minutes I pull away and kiss him quickly. "I'd better get you home so I can get home and talk to Carlisle."

"Ok." We get into the front and I drop him off at Sam and Emily's then head home. I talk to Carlisle as soon as I get home and he does a quick examination. He finds nothing wrong with me which I'm glad because I hate being sick. My stomach probably didn't want the milkshake.