Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 17

"MOM! DAD! ALICE! SOMEONE! OH MY GOSH!!" I yell at the top of my lungs running out of my room with my phone in my hand. I jump down the last set of stairs and dart around the house. "WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY!? I GOT GREAT NEWS!!" I yell.

"Sam, what is wrong with you?" Mom asks as I find them on the back deck.

"I just got the most amazing news. Actually it's beyond amazing, it's fantastic, brilliant, supercalifragalisticexpealidocously amazing." I smile jumping up and down looking around.

"What's the news?" Esme asks as they all gather closer. Just when I'm about to tell them...someone has to ruin it.

"She got the job at Victoria's Secret." Edward says with a smirk.

"EDWARD! REALLY!" I playfully glare at them.

"Sorry, Alice was about to burst with all the ideas she was having about what the great news was." he smiles.

"Did you really?" Mom asks smiling from ear to ear.

"YES!!!" I yell jumping up and down. I'm passed around as everyone hugs me and congratulates me. "I just got the call, I start tomorrow at nine A.M." I smile.

"I am so proud of you honey." Dad smiles giving me a hug.

"Thanks. AH! I am so excited." I smiled turning to walk back into the house.

"Where you going?" Alice smiles.

"To call Embry." I smile. I speed dial his number and smile. "Pick up, pick up, pick up."

"Hello trouble." his deep voice picks up.

"I am not trouble BUT I am super excited." I smile.

"Why are you excited?"

"Guess who is the new employee at Victoria's Secret?"

"YOU GOT THE JOB?"

"YES!! I just got the call. I start tomorrow morning."

"I am so happy for you. So do you get discounts on the lingerie?" he snickers.

"Embry..." I say in a warning tone. "...yes." I laugh.

"Nice." he snickered. "Do you have a uniform or anything?"

"No...just a name tag. God I'm so excited."

"That's really great...uh listen, we're about to patrol so I'll call you when I'm done."

"Ok, be careful."

"Bye." I hang up and place my phone on my stand and walk to my closet. I start looking through my things, planning my outfit for tomorrow. I want it to be professional but some what sexy since it's a lingerie store. I get everything picked out except for a top. I smile and walk to my mom's room.

"What are you doing?" she asks coming from her closet as I walk in.

"Stealing a top." I smile.

"For what?"

"I'm planning my outfit for tomorrow. I have everything else picked out except a top." I explain sifting through the tops.

"Here...how about this one?" she asks reaching in and pulling out her favorite top.

"Mom, I can't. That's your favorite one."

"It's a special day. Just don't get anything on it." she smiles handing it to me.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I hug her before running back to my room. I hang the top up with the rest of my outfit and smile. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day.

~Next morning~
Shower. Check. Bed made. Check. Breakfast eaten. Check. Dressed. Check. Excitment for first day of work. CHECK!!! I can't believe that today is my first day of work. I hardly slept last night even though I went to bed hours before I normally do. Everyone wished me luck as I headed out the door this morning, even Embry showed up. As I got closer to the mall, that's when the nerves kicked in. I've been hoping that I don't mess up and end up getting fired on my first day because that would absolutely suck. I find a parking space and I suck in a few deep breaths and grab my purse. I get out of the car, lock and alarm it before making my way into the mall. I make my way toward the store and put a smile on my face as I walk in. "Samantha, you excited for your first day?" the manager Miranda asks.

"Mostly nervous. Don't wanna mess anything up and get fired." I smile.

"Don't worry. You'll mostly be restocking the shelves, folding anything that's unfolded and if anyone needs a dressing room, you'll show them to an empty one. There is no way to mess that up." she laughs. "Let's get you a locker for your things and I just got your name tag and apron." I nod my head and follow her to the back. She shows me the locker I'm gonna be using and gives me the combination for the lock. After that she shows me how they clock in and out then gives me my name tag and apron. I clip it to my top and follow her out onto the floor. She shows me how they fold their tops, bottoms and how they hang the lingerie. After about an hour, I'm on my own. I start by fixing anything that is misplaced, unfolded or hung the wrong way. A few girls ask me for a dressing room and I showed them an empty one. The stuff that is hanging up in the dressing rooms that nobody wanted, I grab and fix them then hang them up where they belong. Three hours later, I start to restock the tshirt racks and the pants. As I finish doing that I find myself looking at the lingerie. There are SEVERAL cute things in here. As I look at them I start to think about myself wearing them for Embry which makes me blush.

"Excuse me miss. I could use some help." My eyes nearly fall out of my head as I turn around to see Embry and the rest of the guys.

"Oh god. What are you doing here?" I ask quietly.

"I wanted to see how you were doing your first day. By the way, my favorite color is red and green." he winks. I look around and several of the workers are looking my direction, CRAP!

"What can I help you with?" I ask loudly.

"My buddy here, is looking for something as a gift for his girlfriend." Paul smirks pulling Jared forward who is blushing.

"No I'm not." he hisses.

"What are her sizes?" I ask looking around. "Play along dip wad."

"Oh um...busty and slim." he smirks.

"Really? That's how you describe Kim's body? Wait till she hears about this one." I laugh. "Well one of the store associates can help you." I look toward one of the other workers and signal her over. The guys all laugh as Jared's face turns darker and darker. When she comes over she is clearly flirting with the guys. I smile and walk away to go to the other side of the store. Ten minutes later Miranda comes over to me smiling.

"How are you doing?" she asks.

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's really easy." I smile hanging a bra up.

"That's great. Well if you want, you can take an hour lunch break. Just write down in the log what time you leave and what time you come back."

"OK, thank you." I smile. I walk to the back room to grab my purse then write the time. I walk out and Jared is still talking to the sales girl while the guys laugh at him. Embry catches my eye and I nod for them to follow me. He says something to Jared and he glares at him as the guys leave. I walk out of the store and walk toward the food court. A second later they join me.

"Jared said you better watch your back because he will get you for this." Embry laughs.

"I'm not scared of him." I laugh. "So...what did you think? Do I make a good Victoria's Secret worker?" I ask smiling.

"No...but you'd make a good model if you were wearing one of those sexy numb-OOMF!!" I elbow him in the stomach cutting him off.

"God, Rachael would look so hot in one of those." Paul smirks.

"Whose Rachael?" I ask as we make it to the food court.

"Oh yeah, that's right. I imprinted." he said. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

"Wait, wait, wait. You...Paul Lahote. Mr. 'I'm-never-gonna-imprint-because-it-means-you're-whipped...actually imprinted?" I asked in shock.

"Yep, on Jake's older sister." he smiled.

"Oh my gosh...I can't believe that. How does it feel to be whipped?" I asked laughing.

"I'm not whipped and it feels good."

"Wow." I snicker. "You guys eating with me?" I ask looking around at the different places to eat.

"Wish we could but Sam said we only have an hour so we have to get back." Quil says.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Jared glared joining us. "I actually had to buy something to get her to leave me alone. I don't even know if Kim wears this stuff." We were all busting a gut laughing at him.

"We'd better go before Sam starts calling and so Jared can give this to Kim." Embry laughs loudly.

"Ok, thanks for coming to see me." I smile giving him a kiss.

"See ya later."

"Bye guys." They leave and I walk to subway and get something to eat. Once I have my food, I find a table and sit down. As I'm enjoying my sub, I feel someone standing beside me. I look up and nearly jump out of my seat.

"Whoa, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." A very good looking guy smiles.

"It's ok but...why are you standing next to me?" I ask.

"Oh, sorry. You looked familiar from a distance but as I got closer...I'm Travis." he smiles.

"Samantha." I shake his hand quickly.

"Mind if I join you?" he asks pointing to an empty seat.

"Um, I'm actually on my lunch break so I won't be here much longer." I reply.

"well you're in luck...So am I." he smiles sitting down.

"Where do you work?" I ask taking a sip of my Gatorade.

"Hollister, you?"

"Victoria's Secret. It's my first day." I smile.

"Wow, first day. How's that going?"

"Well, so far...I've fondled a couple mannequins, folded underwear and hung up some lingerie." I smiled making him laugh.

"You're funny. Do you live around here?"

"No, I live in Forks. I just moved here about two months ago from Alaska." I smile taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Alaska? Wow. Miss it?"

"Mmm...not much anymore. I've made a bunch of friends that make the move good. How long have you worked at Hollister?"

"About a year. Number one sales person." he smirks.

"I hope my job lasts that long." I laugh finishing my sandwich.

"Keep your head up. Ya never know." We fall quiet for a few minutes and I look around awkwardly. "Well, I'd better get back to work before my boss comes looking for me. See you tomorrow?"

"Um...I guess. We're bound to see each other from time to time." I reply.

"True. See ya later." He leaves and I can't help but smile. After a few minutes I throw my trash away and head back to the store. I put my purse back into the locker and log back in before returning back to my job.

~Three hours later~
"Oh my gosh...my feet hurt." I sigh plopping down onto the couch next to Jasper and putting my feet in Dad's lap.

"How was your first day?" Jasper asks.

"It was fantastic. At first, I was nervous about messing up but it was really easy. The guys came in and humiliated Jared saying he was there to buy something for his girlfriend. He ended up having to buy something." I laughed.

"So the store is still standing?" Edward teases walking in with Bella and Renesmee.

"Hardy har har...you're so hilarious." I roll my eyes before smirking. "Yes, it's still standing. Oh Bells, I saw the CUTEST lingerie set that Edward would love on you. It's kinda like the one Alice picked out for your honeymoon." I wink. Everyone laughs as she looks down embarrased and I'm sure if she could blush, her face would be a neon sign red. I laugh for a few minutes before turning my attention to the game that's on the tv and end up falling asleep.