Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 22

"What would you say...if I wanted you to meet my mom?" Embry asks as we sit in the food court on my day off. I put my drink down and smile.

"About time. I was starting to wonder if you were hiding us from each other." I laugh.

"Only here." he sighs.

"Why would you hide her from me? Are you embarrassed by me or somethin?"

"No, I'm embarrassed of her. The last time I brought a girl to my house, just for a second, she pulled the baby pictures out and then the home movies. We never made it to the basketball game at the school." he blushed.

"Aw...theres home movie?" I laugh.

"Yes and you will never see them."

"That is for your mom to decide." I laugh loudly as his face grows redder.

"Hardy har har...you're such a comedian." he rolls his eyes and continues eating his large pizza.

"So, what time are we eating tonight?" I ask.

"She usually starts cooking around five and isn't finished until about six thirty. She cooks alot since I'm a...you know." he whispers softly so the group next to us wouldn't hear.

"So...what time are you picking me up?"

"I'd say around six. Can you be ready by then?" he teases.

"I don't know. I might have to start getting ready now, I mean I only have five hours to get ready." I laugh.

"Do you need to buy a new outfit? I'm sure there is plenty of time."

"I don't need to buy a new outfit for everything and that was a one time thing." I playfully glare at him.

"We were going to a party at the beach...that didn't require a new outfit." he snickered before inhaling two slices of pizza in one second.

"Yes that did. Besides, as I recall you weren't complaining."

"And I'm not. But I will complain about the other guys that were staring at you the entire night."

"They're just jealous because they can't have me." I smirk leaning toward him. "They're jealous because..." I pause for a second as I lean forward and kiss his cheek before continuing. "...I would never, ever ride them like I ride you." I whisper in a low seductive voice. As my breath hits his ear he shivers slightly. I pull away and continue eating my chinese as I look at him. The look on his face makes me laugh and choke on the rice.

"God, I really love you." he smiles grabbing my chair and pulling me toward him. As the metal legs scrape against the floor, the people at the tables around us look our way with annoyed expressions. "Sorry." he apologizes looking at them. I cover my mouth to stiffle a laugh that was begging to escape my lips. "You are amazing." As I look at him my laughter calms down and I just smile at him. I place my hand around his neck and press my forehead to his for a few seconds before pecking his chin.

"I know." I smile standing up and grabbing my tray. "We'd better get going if you want me to be ready in time." We throw our trash away and head out to the car then back to the house.

~Three hours later~
"What do you think of this one?" I ask walking out of my closet and into the bedroom where Bella was playing with Renesmee. I've been trying on clothes for the last two hours and can't decide.

"You look pretty Mantha." Renesmee smiles looking up from her coloring book.

"Honey, you said that about the last eight outfits." Bella smiled.

"She looks pretty in all of them, mommy."

"Thank you but seriously...what do you think Bell?" I spin around quickly and put my hands on my hips once I face her again.

"Just be yourself. I'm sure she will love you because Embry loves you no matter what you're wearing."

"He has to love me, she on the other hand doesn't." I sigh.

"No, he doesn't have to. Just because he imprinted on you doesn't me he is forced to love you. THAT is a choice, at least that's what Jake says." she smirked.

"Yeah, I'm sure you tried on outfit after outfit after outfit when you were about to meet them." She opened her mouth to respond but closed it quickly.

"Good point. Hey honey, what do you say...we play dress up with cousin Mantha?" she asks looking at Renesmee.

"I wanna do her hair!!" she squeals as she starts to jump on my bed.

"Uuuh, I don't know about that. How about I let you pick out my clothes instead?" I ask.

"YEAH!" she squeals hopping off the bed and running into the bathroom.

"You just made that little girls night." Bella laughed as we followed her to the closet. As we walk into the closet we start looking through everything as Renesmee plundered through my shoes.

~Twenty minutes later~
"Mantha, will you wear this?" Renesmee asks pointing to a skirt. I look at the floor length skirt that is hanging on the rack.

"Renesmee...this is absolutely perfect." I smile hanging it on the back of my door.

"Now that my four month old daughter just picked out your clothes...why don't you wear these shoes? Alice would call it beach chic." she laughs.

"Yes, she would." I laugh.

"Alright...it's time for your bath and bedtime."

"No!!! I don't wanna." Renesmee whined.

"Too bad. Come on." Bella laughs picking her up. "Tell Mantha nite nite."

"Night Mantha." she pounted as we laughed.

"Good night sweet heart." As they leave I start getting ready. I quickly do my hair then get dressed. When I finish I decide to hangout in the living room reading. Before I know it...DING DONG! I close the book and walk to the front door to see a smiling Embry. "BE BACK LATER!" I yell grabbing my sweater.

"HAVE FUN HONEY!" dad yells. As we head to Embry's mom's car he opens the passenger side door and gets into the drivers side.

~Three hours later~
"You're mom is awesome." I smile to Embry as his mom walks upstairs to grab more pictures of Embry.

"Yeah, she's cool." Sarcasm really isn't his best feature so I laugh loudly.

"Come on, she could be worse."

"Oh just wait. This is just the beginning." As he says that Tiffany returns carrying a box.

"Oh Embry. You are never going believe what I just found. You're fourth grade play, oh wait till you see it Samantha. It was just...oh you'll see for yourself." she smiles placing the box on the coffee table in front of me and turning the tv on. I look at Embry as he groans loudly and I laugh.

"Mom, you're killing me." he groans smashing a pillow over his face.

"No she's not...everyone has a little dork in them." I tease getting a glare from him.

"Ah, here we go." Tiff squeals sitting next to me and grabs the remote. I look at the screen as a picture comes into view. The curtain on the small stage opens up revealing little kids in costumes.

"Is this the Three Musketeers?" I ask smiling at the screen.

"Yes, it was so adorable." As we continue to watch it, the little kids on the screen start to sing.

"It's a musical??" I gasp in amusement and shock. Embry groans as he sits at the other end of the couch. "Ok, let me try and find Embry." As the camera zooms in a little bit, I get a better look at the kids. "Quil and Jake were in it too?" I laugh.

"Yep, after the play all three of them wore the hats for two weeks. They refused to take them off." Nikola laughs.

"Mooom." I look at Embry who is glaring at her. I look back at the screen and snicker.

"Is that-?"

"Yep, that's my little Em-Em."

"Aww....Em-Em." I smile getting a glare from Embry. When the vidoe ends, Embry sighs in relief then the tv clicks off. "Where is your restroom?" I ask standing up.

"Down the hall and second door on the left." I quickly excuse myself and walk to the bathroom. After doing what I needed to do, I wash my hands and head back to the living room. As I reach the end of the hallway, I stop when I hear them talking.

~Embry's P.O.V~
When Sam leaves the living room I quickly turn to my mom. "Could you please cut back on the embarrassment? Please?" I beg.

"Sorry honey. It's not everyday my son brings home a girl he calls his girlfriend." I roll my eyes as she touches my hand. "She is a really lovely girl." she smiles.

"Yeah she is. I got lucky."

"I've never seen you like this toward any girl before. You must really love her." As she ends her sentence, the bathroom door opens and Samantha's quiet footsteps make their way down the hall and stop. She's listening in the hallway.

"Yeah, I do. I think that even if I hadn't imprinted on her...I'd still wanna spend the rest of my life with her. She is just the most amazing girl I've ever met."

"Well, you got my approval. She's a keeper."

"She sure is." We fall quiet for a few minutes, me wondering how long Samantha is going to stand in the hallway. "So...how are things with Eric?"

"Oh um...they're good. He has a wedding to attend in Portland in a month, wants me to go."

"That's cool."

~Samantha's P.O.V~
As they talk about her boyfriend for a few minutes I decide to reappear. As I walk around the corner she looks at me and smiles. "I think I'll head up to bed. Got an early day at work tomorrow." She kisses Embry on the cheek and comes over to me. "Sam, it was a pleasure meeting you. If you ever have any trouble with my boy, just threaten him with the video. I have more than one copy." she whispers.

"Oh you can count on that and it was great to meet you too." I smile as she pulls me in for a hug. I look at Embry and he just smiles.

"Night." she walks up the stairs and disappears.

"You're mom...is awesome." I smile lifting the bottom of my skirt to sit on the couch next to him.

"She is but as you can see she is a total embarrassment." I laugh as he wraps his arm around me.

"Did you mean what you said?" I question looking at him. He gives me a confused look with a slight smirk. "I know you heard me in the hallway, did you mean what you said to your mom?"

"I meant every word of it." he pushes a stray hair out of my face and pulls my head forward, pressing his lips to mine. When we pull apart, I rest my head on his shoulder as we sit in the quiet room. I wrap my arm around his torso and pull myself closer to him as we start to cuddle. Shortly after, I feel my eyelids start to get heavy and yawn. "I think I'd better get you home."

"Ok." I yawn again. He helps me off the couch and we head back out to his mom's car. I fight with my sleepiness and manage to stay awake until we get to the house but as soon as I reach my room, I don't even bother taking my outfit off. I just collapse on the bed and fall asleep.