Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 23

"Hi, welcome to Victoria's Secret. Today, we are having a buy two get one free on the boyshorts and bras." I greet the girls that just walked in. As soon as they start looking around, I turn away from them and sigh. Today, has just been aweful. I woke up this morning feel absolutely sick. I keep feeling like I'm gonna throw up, my stomach is feeling weird and I have a headache from hell. I was gonna call in today, but I had to show up today to get my check. Last night the entire gang from La Push and myself took Renesmee to Chuck E Cheese for the hell of it and I think something was wrong with the pizza. As another group of girls come in, I'm about to greet them when I feel my stomach churn and lurch. I run for the backroom and shove my head into the trash can by the door.

"Samantha, are you alright?" Miranda asks concerned.

"Yeah, I think I got food poisoning from Chuck E Cheese last night." I sigh wiping my mouth on the napkin she hands me.

"Why are you still here then if you're getting sick?" she asks.

"Want my check." I laugh sitting in a chair.

"Well I'll give you your check and I want you to go home and rest."

"I only have a couple hours left, I can stay." I protest.

"No you don't. Here you go sweetheart, now get your purse and go home. If you still don't feel good tomorrow then call in." she smiles handing me the check.

"Yes ma'am." I sigh taking it from her and grab my purse. Thirty minutes later, I'm sluggishly making my way up the front porch and into the house.

"You're home early." Esme smiles as I walk into the living room. I sigh and plop onto the couch with a groan. "Sam, are you ok?"

"I'm not feeling so good, I've been throwing up all morning. It's only...eleven thirty and I've already gotten sick five times." I groan putting my hand on my stomach as it churns a little.

"Did you wake up feeling like this?" she asks.

"Yeah. I think it's food poisoning from the pizza last night." I sit up quickly as my stomach churns violently.

"Sam?" I squeeze my hand over my mouth and run to the bathroom by the library. "I'd better call Rose and Em." When I manage to stop I wipe my mouth off and lean against the wall next to the toilet. I start to feel a little dizzy and rest my head between my knees. I'm glad I wore pants today. After a few minutes there is a knock at the door.

"Sam?" Mom walks in and looks at me.

"I think I need to go to the hospital." I whisper quietly.

"Emmett, pull your car to the front. I'm gonna help her." she orders. She bends down and places her arms around my upper body and helps me up.

"Can I brush my teeth first, please?" I ask not really wanting to have smelly breath when I gettothe hospital.

"Sure. Sit here and I'm gonna go get it." She places me on the toilet and disappears only to return a minute later. I quickly brush my teeth and we head out to the car where dad is waiting with Alice and Jasper.

"I called Carlisle and let him know you're on your way." Esme says as I climb in the front seat. Whenever I am sick, I can't sit in the back seat because I get car sick. "See you in a bit." I buckle in and dad pulls out of the drive way and we head to the hospital. On the way there, he has to pull over once so I can of course do the nastiest thing ever. When we get there carries me in and we wait for Carlisle since he is my family doctor. Jasper sits next to me and tries to get me to feel a little better which helps a little. As the room starts to spin I close my eyes and fall into a light sleep.

"Wow, she's pale." I open my eyes and see Carlisle knealing in front of me. "Let's get you in a room and find the problem." Dad picks my up and we follow him into a single exam room where he sits me down on the bed. Carlisle does the stuff that always gets done when you go to the hospital. Blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and he already knows my weight so he doesn't have to do that. My heart rate is a little fast, I don't have a fever and my blood pressure is just fine. "Ok, what's going on with you?" he asks as I lay on the bed.

"Headache, constant vomiting, dizziness, nausea but the main problem with my stomach." I whisper. He writes the stuff down on the chart and sits next to me.

"On a scale of one to ten, what would you rate the headache and stomach pains?"

"Headache a four or five but the stomach pain is a nine."

"When was your last period?" Normally this would weird girls out if their grandfather was asking her about her period but he is a doctor and it's not the first time.

"The nineth to the thirtenth. Shorter this month." I groan as my stomach turns and jerks uncomfortably. "Trash can." I shortly say. Alice hands it to me and again...joy.

"I'll have the nurse bring you something for the nausea and headache. I'll be back in a few, just gotta check on my other patients. Love you." he smiles patting my back before leaving.

"Please, kill me." I groan removing my head from the plastic lined container. Mom sits next to me on the bed and pushes my hair out of the way. "Ali, will you put my hair up?" I ask pulling a hair tie from my wrist. I feel her hands pull my hair back as she styles it for me. Ten minutes later, the nurse comes in with four pills and a glass of water. I take the pill effortlessly and chug the water. After she leaves, mom turns the light off to help my headache and dad grabs the remote off the wall. As he flips through the channels, he turns it down. Alice sits on Jasper's lap as he continues using his powers. The pills start to kick in ten minutes later and I kinda feel better but I still have the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. When Carlisle comes back he asks everyone to leave. When it's just the two of us left, he closes the door, the curtain and turns the tv up. "What's going on?" I ask sitting up.

"I might know what is causing all this but I want to make absolute sure that's what it is before I give my diagnosis." he says looking at me with seriousness in his eyes. "I need to take some blood from you. Is that ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, but what exactly do you THINK is wrong?" I ask rolling my sleeve up. He pulls a vile out of his pocket and prepares my arm.

"I could be wrong but...is there a possibility that...you could be..." he cuts off and looks at me.

"Could be...what?" He continues to look at me as if he is trying to push his answer into my head. I pull my eyes from his to look around in confusion before looking at him again. As my eyes look into his I gasp. "Oh! Oh, oh god!" I gasp. "I-I don't think so." I stop talking and start to think. Embry and I had sex on Valentine's day which was after my period. "Oh crap!" I groan slapping my hand to my forehead and lean back against the bed.

"It's not a hundred percent fact, let me take the blood and I'll take it to the lab myself."

"Ok." I say extending my arm so he could stick me and take the blood he needs.

"That should be all. I'll be very quick." he reassures me. He kisses my temple and leaves letting everyone back in.

"What did he say?" mom asks. How could they not hear?

"Um...could be a viral infection, he took some blood just to make sure it wasn't something more serious." Mom takes her place again next to me and dad sits in the chair. "Where'd Alice and Jasper go?"

"Carlisle wanted to speak to them about something so they went with him." Oh god! What if I am pregers? What am I going to do? How will Embry react? What will my parents say? I'm am SO not ready for a kid, I hadn't planned on having one until I was atleast twenty-six or twenty-seven. My mind starts going a million miles an hour and so does my heart rate. Ok, calm down Sam. The chance of me actually being pregnant are one in a million. We used a condom the other times we had sex except on V-day. But it only takes one time. That one time could have just changed the rest of my life. God, mom is going to kill me. We wait for about two hours until he comes back. I'm instantly on edge as he carries a clipboard in his hand and flips through a couple pages.

"I have news but I need the both of you to remain calm. Remember that Sam could get hurt if you do anything irrationally." he says looking at them. I immediately know the answer and start to cry making everyone look at me.

"Sam, what's wrong?" Dad asks comforting me.

"Carlisle?" The room was scary quiet for an entire minute as nobody spoke.

"The blood test results shows high levels of hormones."

"What the hell does that have to do with a stomach ache?" I sniffle as I sit up and look at her.

"I'm pregnant." I sob. Mom and dad look at me in shock.

"What?"

"Are you sure?" mom asks looking at Carlisle.

"I'm positive but I can do an ultra sound if you want." he says looking at me. I shake my head not wanting to see it. If I saw it, it would make it true.

"Was it Embry? Did he do this to you?" mom hisses.

"Rose, she needs your support right now."

"No, forget this. I've accepted the fact that he imprint on her. I accepted that they are dating. I've even accepted that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, but this. I will not accept this." she hisses before walking out of the room.

"Rose!" Alice yells after her and runs passed the room. I didn't know that she and Jasper were still here.

"Daddy." I cry looking at him. He wraps his arms around me and I cry.

"I assume you are gonna go through with the pregnancy?"

"I don't know...I don't believe in abortions but I'm not ready for this. I need time to think."

"Alright, I will get you some prenatal vitamins just in case. I will bring some home with me later." he says before leaving. One bottle of prenatal vitamins and twenty minutes of crying later Dad, Jasper and I are in the car heading to the house.

"Sorry I disappointed you." I whisper looking out the window.

"Sam, you didn't disappoint me. Everybody makes mistakes, accidents happen."

"This shouldn't be happening to me. I'm about to be eighteen. God, if we'd only used protection like the other times."

"But it is Sami. You still have another option if you don't wanna keep it since you don't want an abortion." Jasper says leaning between the seats to look at me. I knew he's talking about adoption since that is the only other choice if I decide not to keep it. As my thoughts consume me, everything is blocked out.

~Embry's P.O.V~
I can't wait to see Samantha. Today has been a good day but it will be a great day when I wrap my arms around her. I just got off patrol with Seth and Collin, so I decided to head up to Forks to see if she wants to catch a movie if she's not to tired. As I shift back, I pull my shorts on and jog up the front steps to the house and knock on the door. Bella walks around the corner and smiles at me from the other side. Before she can open it, I'm flying off the porch and back into the woods. As I slam into a tree and land on the dirt floor, I shift and look up to see the blonde leech. Rosalie. "YOU DID THIS! YOU HAVE RUINED HER LIFE!" she hisses at me and gets into a crouching position. I growl at her and the packs thoughts are swimming in my head.

'On our way Embry! Stay calm.' Sam orders.

"Rose, calm down. What is going on?" Bella asks as she, Edward and Esme come out.

"THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT!!" she hisses.

'What's she talking about?' Quil asks as they all run toward us.

'No idea.' I respond looking at the leeches in front of me.

"Where is Sam?" Bella asks her.

"She's at the hospital with Emmett and Jasper." she responds not removing her eyes from me.

'Hospital? Edward, what's going on?' I ask.

"Sam wasn't feeling good earlier and went to the hospital. She thought it was food poisoning."

'How in the world is that my fault?' I am beyond confused. As the pack join me, Sam walks next to me and growls cautiously at them.

'What does food poisoning have to do with Embry?' he asks.

"They want to know how Embry is to blame for food poisoning."

"SHE DOESN'T HAVE FOOD POISONING MUTT!!!" she hisses as Alice tries to pull her away. I look at Edward and his posture changes.

"No, she can't be." he says looking at Rosalie.

"She is." Alice answers.

"Ok, enough with the secret vampire talk. Tell us what is going on." Leah demands coming out of the trees fully dressed with Seth, Paul and Brady.

"She's pregnant." Edward answers. I freeze in my spot as gasps echo through me. Nobody says anything as we all stand in shock. I sit back on my hind legs and stare at the ground.

"You've ruined her life."

"Rose, calm down." Bella says.

"Yeah, it's not like he forced her." Leah speaks from behind me. As they argue over whose fault this is, all i can think about is Samantha. A few minutes later, my ears pick up tires on gravel and I look toward the driveway as a car pulls up. As it parks behind Samantha's car, I watch as she climbs out. I shift out of my wolf and stand naked looking at her. "Embry." I turn to look at Leah as she holds Sam's shorts in her hand. I quickly put them on and look back at Samantha. As her eyes meet mine I start to walk toward her until Rosalie stops me.

"You are not going anywhere near her." she hisses. Emmett appears next to her and grabs her shoulders to stop her.

"You can't tell me what to do." I glare at her as my body starts to shake. "You can't keep my away from my imprint or my child."

"YES I CAN!" she hisses at me.

"Just because she is your daughter doesn't mean you can keep her locked up. She will be eighteen in a few months and then what? Huh? Are you gonna lock her in the basement for the rest of her life!?" I yell growling at her. Sam quickly steps beside me and pushes me back slightly.

"Embry, calm down." he orders me.

"If that's what is best for her, then yes."

"Rose, stop."

"STOP FIGHTING!!" Samantha yells walking toward us. "Mom, stop hissing at Embry and Embry stop growling at my mom!" she yells looking at both of us.

"Go to your room Samantha."

"No! I will not go to my room! I'm not a little kid anymore, I'm an adult! You can't keep telling me what to do!" Everyone looks at her in shock. She just yelled at her mom.

"Samantha, just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you're an adult. It's not like your going to keep it. We all know that you don't want kids till you're twenty-five."

"Yeah, well things change and who said I'm not going to keep it?"

"What?" Samantha looks at me shyly before looking at the ground.

"You can't be serious? You seriously can't be thinking about carrying the MUTTS pup inside you?"

"What other option do I have? Abortion? HELL NO! You know I don't believe in that and it's not a pup. It's my child, it's part of me. I'm not going to stand here and let you treat me like this. It's not your decision if I keep it or not, it's nobody's but mine."

"Fine, you need to choose." she pulled her arms from Emmetts grasp and crossed them.

"Rose, don't do this." Edward spoke cautioningly.

"Edward, stay out of this." she glared at him.

"What's going on?" Bella asked.

'This is seriously one disfuctional family.' Seth thought getting a few snickers from the rest of the pack.

"What do I have to choose?" I could tell that Samantha was nervous.

"Keep it or get rid of it." Was she not understanding that Samantha wanted to keep it. Yea, I'm to young to be having a kid. Hell, I'm still in high school but this is half my fault also and Samantha is right. Even though it's part of me, she is the one that has to carry it not me.

"I just said that I'm going to keep it." The air suddenly became extremely uncomfortable and tense. Her mom started to growl and breath heavily. I gently grabbed Samantha and pulled her behind me only gaining a growl from her mom. I looked at her and her gold eyes turned from gold to red in a split second.

"Rose. Don't. You need to calm down before you do something you regret." Emmett said.

"EMMETT!!! STOP!!! If she wants to keep it...then she can keep it somewhere else." Gasps echo through the small space we occupied.

"Wh-what?" Samantha freezes in her place.

"You wanna keep it, be an adult, and ruin your life...then you can pack up and get out."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope that everyone is enjoying this one.

xoxo
JBL09