Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 25

"So...how have you been? We know that you are staying with Embry and his mother." Carlisle spoke as I sat in his office at the hospital for a check up. Since he is my doctor, I really have no choice but to see him.

"I'm...ok." I've been staying with them for two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. At first it was really weird waking up every morning in a different room and sharing a room with Embry. The first day I was there, his mom forced us to switch rooms with her since her room was bigger. His room was about the size of my bathroom, which was pretty small. Sam and Emily, gave us another dresser for my clothes and Kim's mom gave me a wardrobe for my closet clothes. It took a few days to get used to everything but now, it's like I've been there years. At first, I was constantly asking to get something to eat, if I could have a glass of water, if it was ok to watch the tv and to borrow a towel. I had trouble remembering where the plates, glasses, and everything else was. But now it's easier. Even though everything is ok with living on the reservation, I miss everyone terribly. I've considered calling them, but I don't have a cell phone. Since, moving in with Embry my wardrobe has changed and I actually kinda like it. When I was living in Forks and Denali, I was wearing designer clothes, expensive jewelry, and high priced shoes. There was money that I could spend on that stuff. Even though they looked good...they were uncomfortable. Now that I really can't afford the expensive stuff, I'm shopping at stores that Kim, Emily, Leah, Sue and Tiffany shop at. Nothing costs a thousand dollars, it's all cheap and I really like it. Everything is comfortable and relaxed. Although, I still wear nice clothes when I go to work because that's a must. I'm still not used to not having Alice's opinion on what I wear, not having the money buy random stuff but I am managing. It makes me feel more independent.

"You know...everyone is missing you." Carlisle spoke pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I highly doubt everyone is missing me." I'm pretty sure he knows who I am referring too.

"Rose misses you too."

"This was her decision...not mine. Well, it was but only because she was making dad pick between her and me. But other than that...it's all on her. The first few days, I stayed in bed and cried. I really didn't talk to anyone or do anything. Now, I am actually happy. Not about how it happened but, I've accepted it."

"So...would it be bad if you had company right now?" he asks clicking his pen after checking my blood pressure.

"Um, who?" As soon as the words left my mouth there was a slight tap at the door.

"Knock, knock." The door opened and Alice walked in. "Sami!" she smiled walking over to me.

"Oh my god, Alice..Jasper...oh grandma!!" I smile getting off the table to hug them. The room shrank as the six of them filed in. "Renesmee...Bells." I smiled as a few tears filled my eyes.

"We miss you too." Edward smiled hugging me. When the door closed I frowned. Dad wasn't here and neither was...you know who.

"They've been in Africa for a few days. Rose wanted to go and Emmett followed, as much as he didn't want to." Esme spoke clearly knowing what I was thinking.

"Oh."

"You look so...so...plain." Alice frowned.

"This is the new me. It's very comfortable." I smile looking down at the tshirt I was wearing.

"As much as I love to see everyone happy, I need to finish the exam." I slide back onto the table and sigh. "Do you wanna call Embry for the next part?" he asks.

"Why?"

"I have to do a sonogram...he might wanna be here for that." This would be the first time I would actually be getting conformation that I am actually carrying a baby in me. If it wasn't for the constant morning sickness, the nausea, and the headaches...I would have thought it was somethign else but the blood tests prove I am. I've accepted that I am but I'm still a little scared to see it.

"I, um-I..do we have to?"

"Samantha, this is your baby. You are gonna have to see it at some point and yes I have to. It's all part of it." I sigh and nod my head. "Esme, would you mind calling Sam and ask him to tell Embry to come to the hospital. I'm sure he knows you are here?" he asks looking at me as Esme leaves.

"Yeah, just didn't know this was gonna happen." I sigh rubbing my hands on my thighs as Esme comes back in.

"He'll be here in five minutes." I was about to see the baby that is growing inside of me that Embry and I made accidently. Ever since I found out I have been picturing what he or she will look like. Even at work, I would always find myself looking at the baby store across the way from the store. Would I be buying pink, frilly, girly clothes or blue, sporty, boyish clothes? We were weeks away from finding out but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it.

"Hey, why did I need to come down here?" Embry asked as he walked through the door.

"I am about to do a sonogram...figured you would like to be here."

"Well, thank you." he smiled making his way through the room toward me.

"We will see you at home. Come on everyone." Esme smiled as they all left.

"Alright, lay back and just lift your shirt up a little." I followed his orders and he placed a clear gel on my stomach. I grabbed Embry's hand and looked at him with a slight smile. Carlisle turned the lights off and turned the machine next to me on. As he placed the wand like thing on my stomach, he moved it around causing the gel to spread over my stomach. "Alright...are you ready?" I quickly look at Embry who is leaning toward me on the bed.

"Yeah." My heart picked up as the words left my eyes.

"Here...it is." I turned my head to look at the screen and gasped. "This is the amniotic sac, the spinal cord, umbilical cord and that little fluttering is the heart beat." he said pointing out everything.

"Oh, my." My eyes moved to Embry who had his eyes glued to the screen. A little shimmer appeared in his eye and slide down his cheek. At this very moment I was the happiest I could ever be. Just seeing that little heartbeat, seeing the look on Embry's face...who wouldn't be happy. "T-that's it?" Embry asks pointing to the screen.

"Yep, do you wanna hear the heartbeat?" he asks.

"Yes." Embry and I answer at the same time. He placed another wand on my stomach and pushed a few buttons on the machine before the room was filled with a soft rhythmic thumping. My heart literally felt as if it were floating in my chest. I felt tears leave my eyes as they glued themselves to the screen where my baby was seen. Embry's warm hand touched my face and I looked at him. "We made that." he whispers looking at me.

"Would you both like a picture?" he asks.

"Yes, take one home with you so you can show everyone." I smile. He nods and starts to print the pictures. As the pictures print, he cleans my stomach off and puts the wands away. When they finish printing he hands them to me and I smile.

"Are you still taking you're vitamins?" he asks.

"Yes, sir. Embry reminds me every day."

"That's good. I can't believe my granddaughter is having a baby. I'm going to be a great-grandfather." he smiles.

"Thank you." Embry smiles shaking his hand.

"You’re welcome. I'm going to go, feel free to leave when you are ready." Carlisle smiled before leaving. I pulled my shirt down and sit up as I continue to look at the picture in my hand. Embry wrapped his warm arm around me and pulled me close to him. I turn my body to face him and smile.

"I love you." he gently places his lips against mine.

"I love you too." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him toward me as his arms wrap around me. We stay like this for a few minutes before we decide to leave.

~La Push~
As we pull up to the house the entire pack is sitting outside with Emily, Tiffany and Kim. "What happened? Are you ok? How's the baby?" Questions started flying as soon as I stepped out of my car.

"She is fine." Embry laughs as we stand side by side at the bottom of the porch.

"Then why did Embry have to rush to your appointment?" Seth asks.

"We uh...we got to see the baby and hear it's heartbeat." I smile pulling the picture out of my purse. Everyone rushes toward us and looks at it.

"Oh my gosh...that's my grandbaby." Tiffany smiles giving me a hug then touching my belly. "Hi kiddo, this is your grandma. We all can't wait to meet you." she smiles talking to my stomach.

"Look at the little head...I can't believe it's already so developed." Emily gasped looking at it.

"It looks like an alien." Brady snickers.

"HEY! That's my kid." Embry snapped smacking him in the back of the head.

"What do you think it is?" Leah asked. The last few weeks that I've been here we have become friends. At first I thought she hated me but the few times we have talked, we learned we had a lot in common.

"I don't care. As long as it's healthy." I smile.

"Well, I hope it's a boy."

"Of course you do."

"Let's head to the beach for dinner. We all had planned on eating there today so I was excited. Tiffany stays behind to get ready for work while we all walk to the beach. Emily by Sam, Kim by Jared, Rachael by Paul and Me by everyone else. Embry had his right arm wrapped around my shoulder and tangled our fingers together.

"Any names yet?" Rachael asks.

"I haven't started to think about any...have you?" I look up at Embry as the sun shines in my eyes so I cover them with our hands.

"A few." his cheek darkens as he speaks.

"Really? What did you come up with?"

"Embry Jr or EJ for short, Tobi, Jonah or Jonas for a boy. Britnee, Hayli, Melanie or Daisy." he smiled. "Some of them have a specific meaning."

"Oh really? What would they be?"

"Embry Jr or EJ, well that one is obvious. Melanie because that’s Samantha's middle name and Daisy...because that’s her favorite flower."

"That is so sweet. You have a beautiful middle name by the way, we didn't even know it." Kim smiles.

"Well nobody ever asked." As we got to the sand everyone started doing something. The guys built a fire, Leah and Kim set out blankets while I helped Emily with the food. There was one last container in the bag so I quickly grabbed it and pulled the lid off. As soon as the smell hit my nose, my stomach twisted and I quickly covered my mouth.

"Sami, are you ok?" Emily asks standing next to me. I inhale a deep breath hoping it would pass but the smell hit me again and I ran to the trees, emptying my stomach. Emily grabbed my hair and held it back.

"EW! That is so gross!" Seth and Collin whined.

"Can it." Sam ordered.

"Sam? You ok?" Embry asked rushing over as I held onto my knees for support.

"Yeah, I'm ok. That dish just made me sick. I'm fine."

"Oh I'm so sorry. It's a fish entree which is Sam's favorite. Fish usually has a scent that makes pregnant women nauseas." Emily apologize.

"I...I didn't know that. How did you know that?" I ask wiping my mouth on a napkin that Sam handed me before taking a sip of water.

"When we found out about you're pregnancy...Kim and I bought some books so we could help you. Kinda been reading." she shyly said.

"Emily...that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." I cry giving her a hug.

"Why are you crying? Thought you said it was sweet." Jared commented.

"It's my damn hormones idiot." I snap pulling away from Emily to glare at him. His eyes shot open and he threw his hands in the air. "Oh, Jared...I'm sorry. God, I'm never gonna get used to this." I groan.

"Well you better, it's gonna last a while." Kim laughed.

"Yay. Can we eat? I'm starving." I ask looking at the food.

"Just keep my dish away from her." Sam smiles. After everyone has a plate we gather around the camp fire and eat.

~Two hours later~
"My god Sami, you're eating like one of us." Quil laughed.

"No. I'm not." I replied biting into my smore.

"That's your fifth smore." Leah laughed.

"Not to mention your fourth plate of chips, potato salad, baked beans, and jello." Jared, Paul and Collin laughed.

"So what. I am eating for two. What's your excuse?" I ask glaring at them.

"We're growing boys and we're wolves." Brady smirks.

"Excuses, excuses. Just admit...you're pigs." I tease making Emily, Kim and Leah laugh. Even though she is a wolf too, Leah doesn't eat as much as the boys do. Neither does Sam.

"Yeah...you're right." Seth laughs nudging me from my left.

"Ugh! I gotta pee." I groan placing my half eaten smore on the paper plate.

"TMI!!" Paul, Collin, Seth, Brady and Quil groan.

"Well it was TMI Friday when you barged into the house yelling "I gotta shit!!" I glared pointing a finger at Paul.

"And the stench drifted through the house for an hour." Embry grimaced.

"Didn't you go through an entire can of air freshener?" Leah asked.

"One and a half. Seriously, you are banned from using our toilet unless you have to pee. Speaking of that...I'll be right back." I place my plate on the log, grab some napkins and rush to the trees. Once I am deep enough into the darkness, I unzip my shorts and pull them down far enough. Yes, I am peeing in the woods because the house is too far and there is no bathroom near the beach. I lean up against a tree and spread my feet far enough then release myself. I bury the napkins in the ground and sigh. "God that felt good." I make my way back to the beach to finish my meal.

"So, who wants to go to the water?" Kim asks standing up.

"Oh! I'm game." I smile grabbing her hand as Rachael joins us. The rest of the group sits by the fire talking while the three of us stand at the edge of the water and splash around in it. It is really cold against my feet but it feels good. As I kick the water at Kim and Rachael, warm arms wrap around me and lift me up into the air. "Put me down!" I squeal laughing.

"Nope." Embry laughs spinning me around.

"If you don't, I WILL throw up on you." At that, he immediately put me down and stepped away. "Just kidding." He glares at me and splashes me with a large amount of water making me shreak. "EMBRY CALL!! YOU ARE DEAD!" I yell running toward him. He turns and takes off down the beach. I continue to zip zag after him as he tries to out run me.

"SAMANTHA!! STOP!!" Emily yells

"Why?" I ask trying to jump on Embry's back.

"I could make you lose the baby!" she yells. I immediately stop in shock. I place my hands on my stomach and frown. Embry comes over to me and wraps his arms around me as we walk back toward the fire.

"Can I borrow some of those books?" I ask.

"Of course." As we all settled back into our spots, I cuddled closer to Embry and shivered when a cold breeze blew over me.

"I'm gonna get these two home. See you all tomorrow." Embry announces. He picks me up and carries me home. Once there I slip out of my clothes and put on one of Embry's large shirts. Since his body temperature is so high, it gets hot and I can't sleep when its hot so I usually sleep in one of his shirts now.