Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 26

"How are you feeling today?" Miranda asks as I put my stuff in my locker for my afternoon shift at work. Ever since I told her I was pregnant she has been very supportive.

"Um, I'm ok for the most part. I really don't get why it's called morning sickness if it last all day long." I laugh.

"Yea, I wondered the same thing when I had my twins. And the heartburn....forget it. I would go through an entire thing of anti-acids in three days." she laughed.

"It's aweful. I've been reading books about pregnancy and I can't believe it's gonna get worse."

"Just wait till you can't see you're feet anymore." she points at my feet and smirks. "Have you read about what foods to avoid?"

"Yeah, I can't believe I can't eat raw cookie dough." I frown. "Most of the stuff pregnant woman shouldn't eat, I don't eat anyways so thats not a problem but the no caffeine thing. That sucks. But it's for the baby, I can do it." I smile.

"Got any names picked out yet?" she asks as we walk out to the main store and stand behind the check out counter.

"We have a few picked out but nothing is sticking. We're not gonna decide until after he or she is born."

"That's how it was for my husband and I. As soon as we saw them, the names just popped out of our mouths. Speaking of the birth, your maternity leave starts three weeks before you are due to give birth. Those three weeks will be the hardest because the baby will be getting ready to be born and everything will become more complicated."

"Oh joy." I sigh before bending over to grab some gift cards to place on the counter. As I stand back up, I wobble and stumble backwards.

"Ah lightheadedness. Lovely isn't it?" she jokes holding my arms. I place my hand on my head and roll my eyes.

"Yes, it is."

"You ok now?"

"Yeah, I should be good. I got the trash car right here if I feel sick. Thanks." She nods her head and walks back to the office.

~Three hours later~
"Hey sam, go ahead and take a break." Miranda calls from the office. The other girls had already had their break so I quickly grab my bag and write in the log what time I'm going on break. I slip my bag over my shoulder and walk around the mall. I've been eating ever since I clocked in so I'm not hungry. As I walk pass the baby store, I stop at one of the windows and look in. My hands lay on my stomach as I smile. I walk passed the window and walk into the brightly lit room.

"Hello, is there anything I can help you with?" one of the male workers asks, he clearly gay.

"Well, I'm expecting my first child and I don't know what the sex is so I was thinking about getting a few things like bottles, blankets, unisex stuff. What are the best things to get?" I ask.

"Well first off, congratulations mommy." he smiles. "Let me show a few things that we just got in. They are the safest and healthiest for the little one. No toxins in them, chemical free, and the warrenty on them is the best." he guides me to a section that has bottles and a bunch of other things. "Green is a unisex color that many parents get when they don't know the sex. We have several unisex onsies, hats, mits, socks, blankets and about a ton of other stuff. Would you like a basket or a cart?" he asks with a very polite smile.

"I don't know how much I will be getting so maybe a cart would be best."

"Ok, I will be right back." As he leaves me, I look at the baby clothes that hang on the rack next to me. As my eyes land on a pink fluffy dress I can't help but smile.

~Embry's P.O.V~
I had just gotten a call from the mechanic shop I had an interview at on the rez so I decided to surprise Samantha with the news. As I pull up to the mall, I park my mom's car and quickly rush in. When I get to Victoria's Secret I don't see her but I see her boss, Miranda. "Miranda." I smile walking over to her.

"Embry, how are ya?" she asks smiling as she places a box on the floor.

"Great, I'm looking for Samantha. Do you know where she is?" I ask smiling.

"I sent her on her break ten minutes ago. She usually goes to the food court. Tessa, did you see Samantha in the food court?" she asks one of the other workers.

"No, but I saw her go into Baby-topolis. She could still be in there."

"Thanks. See you later Miranda." I turn and quickly exit the store and head to the store. After walking for a minute, I finally find it at the other end. When I look in the window, I see her sitting in a rocking chair by the wall. Her hand on her stomach and smiling as she rocks slowly. She looks so beautiful like that. She doesn't have a bump yet, but just the thought of her getting one that will have my child in it makes me smile. She looks up as a guy walks over to her and smiles. They exchange of few words before he helps her up out of the chair. She looks at the chair and shrugs. She looks my way suddenly and her eyes light up along with her smile. She waves me over quickly. I make my way into the store smiling, I can't wait to tell her the news.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" she asks giving me a hug and kiss.

"Wanted to come and see you. I got a call from the mechanic shop."

"What did they say?"

"I got the job. I start Monday, right after school."

"Ohmygosh! Baby, I'm so happy for you." She smiles giving me a hug.

"Sam is cutting back my hours during the week but I have to do a few extra on the weekends which isn't a big deal." I smile.

"That was nice of him."

"Yeah, so what are we doing?" I ask looking around.

"Oh, Max here has been helping me decide on a few small things." I look at the guy that was with us.

"So this is your boyfriend?" Max asks looking me up and down with a smirk on his face.

"Yep, told you he was hot." Samantha laughs.

"Yes he is. Girl, you are one lucky little lady." he winks at me. I look at her quickly then back to him.

"Yes I am and you can't have him." she says wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Well darn." I quickly grow uncomfortable. I've never had a gay guy hit on me practically before so it's really strange. "I think we'd better continue talking about the little bambina."

"So what do you think?" Sami asks pointing to a cart that has a bunch of stuff in it. I look at the stuff and smile.

"Green?" Confusion expressed on my face.

"It's a neutral color in the baby world. Unisex. When you don't know what the sex of the baby is, green is the color you get until you find out." she smiles.

"So is yellow, but yellow isn't as cute as the light green." Max smiles.

"They're great." I smile.

"You don't wanna get to much stuff. You'll be getting a lot of stuff at your baby shower." Max smiles at Samantha.

"Am I even having one?" she asks looking up at me.

"Don't look at me. I have no idea. That's girl thing." I smirk.

"Guys usually don't go to them, it's usually a girl thing."

"Guess you'd better talk to the girls about that."

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to do that later. Oh crap, I gotta hurry."

"Are you ready to check out?" he asks. She nods her head and we walk to the check out. The total for everything is $84.23. After paying for everything, I walk her back to the store and take the bags from her.

"I'll see you after work?" she ask looping her fingers through my pants belt loops and pulling me toward her.

"Where else would I be?"

"Well let's see. Sam and Emily's, patrol, the beach, fooling around with the guys or causing trouble somewhere else."

"Sam and Emily are going up to the Mahka Rez to see Claire with Quil, I don't have patrol tonight, there is nothing to do at the beach and the guys are boring me. So I'll be home." I smile.

"Good. I love you." I bend down and place my lips on hers.

"Love you too." She smiles before heading into the store. I watch her walk to the back room and make my way out to the car. I place the bags in the back seat and get in before heading back home.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
A few hours later, my shift was over and I am thankful. I help close the store with Miranda and we walk out to our cars. "See you tomorrow." I smile unlocking my car.

"Bye." I get in and start the engine. When the headlights come on, I lock my seat belt into place and shift into reverse. After getting on the main road, I turn the radio on and sing along quietly to the music. As I cross into the Forks city limits, I see the mailbox to my old home and stop in the middle of the road. I sit there surrounded by the darkness outside and the music blasting through the car speakers, I can't take my eyes off of the brink mail box with the words 'Cullen/Hale' written in fancy lettering. Then as I blink and open my eyes again, she's standing next to the mailbox staring at me. I start to raise my hand to wave but quickly lower it and put the car back into drive then take off. Once I'm far enough from the house I sigh and turn onto the road that leads home when it comes up. A few minutes pass before I pull into the dirt driveway.

"Hello?" I call into the house as I walk in and slip my shoes off.

"In the room." Embry's voice booms. I smile and make my way to our room quickly, ready to crawl into bed. I open the door and shut it behind me. "Hey." he smiles looking away from the video game that is playing on the TV. "Yeah, Sami just got home for work." he says into the headset on his head.

"Ah...halo live?" I ask placing my bag on the floor by the closet and slipping my jacket off.

"Yep, Seth keeps throwing damn grenades at me and Collin is shoo-DAMN IT PAUL!! I'm gonna kick your ass." he yells as he rapidly fires. I laughed as he yelled a few more profanities into the headset. I unbuttoned my shirt and let it fall to the floor leaving my bra exposed. As I unzipped my pencil skirt, it fell to the floor with a soft flutter. As I look down to fix my bra I gasp. "What?" Embry asks. I look at Embry who had his eyes glued to the screen.

"Um...Embry?" When he pulls his eyes from the TV to me I point at my stomach. Where my stomach was once flat...there was now a bump. How can I have a bump when I'm not even that far along? I shouldn't even start to show for a few more weeks.

"Is that wha-" he asks pausing his game. I can hear the guys on the other end of the head set yelling. "Hold on. I'll be back." he pulls the headset off and makes his way over to me as his eyes remain glued to my stomach. "How?" he asks.

"I don't know. It's to early for me to be showing." I must not have realized it early since I was wearing a tight skirt. When I went to see Carlisle last week, I didn't have one. That was also the day I got the ultrasound done. I lowered my hand and rubbed the bump. "I think I'd better go see Carlisle." I gasp.

"I'll call them." he says grabbing his phone. "Damn it, will you tell the guys what's going on? They're getting on my nerves." he dials the number while I grab the headset and place it on my head.

"Hey guys."

"SAMI! What's up?" Jared asks.

"We're going up to see Carlisle."

"Why? What's wrong?" Paul asks.

"Um...nothing, I think." I sighed pulling a pair of my sweats. "Hold on a sec." I remove the headset and pull on one of Embry's shirts before replacing the headset.

"Carlisle said he will be waiting for us. Tell them that everything is going to be fine."

"We gotta go. Everything will be fine." I pulled it off my head as Embry shut everything down. I slipped my sneakers on and we headed out to my car. "Here, you drive." I tossed him my keys as we walked out the door. We got in and I buckled my seatbelt as he pulled out of the driveway. Ten minutes later we pulled up to the house to be greeted by Alice, Esme and Carlisle at the front door.

"Sami, what's going on? Embry said something about the pregnancy." Carlisle said as we both walked in. Before I could answer dad and she walked to the top of the stairs. I looked at them with my mouth open.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hey Sami." Dad smiled from the top of the stairs. Everyone fell silent as I looked up at her. One minute I'm standing next to Embry looking at her, the next I'm bawling my eyes out. What on earth is wrong with me?

"Sam, what's wrong?" Embry asks.

"It's just her hormones." Jasper speaks joining us.

"Oh shut up. Just because you can manipulate my emotions doesn't mean you can make fun of them." I snap wiping my face.

"See...told you." he smirks. I glare at him before stomping to Carlisle's office where everyone follows me.

"So why are you here?" Carlisle asks. As everyone files into the room, I face them and lift my shirt up.

"I'm pretty sure this...shouldn't be here." I say gesturing toward my stomach. There isn't much that could surprise vampires but at this second, six pairs of eyes shot open.

"Um..." Carlisle was actually at a loss for words. I had NEVER seen this happen to him before.

"The pack is here." Jake says walking in with Renesmee. As they all walk in I still have the shirt raised up.

"Woah." Jared says walking in.

"Carlisle, she is way to early to be showing." Bella says. I lower my shirt and sit at the table.

"Yes she is. Um...this is strange." he answers.

"What if her pregnancy will be like Bella's?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, that's not going to happen because my child won't try to eat its way out." Embry says sitting next to me.

"I didn't mean it that way, I meant with the baby growing quickly. A pregnancy that should take ten months will only take less."

"That is a possibility since you have more genes due to the transformation." Carlisle spoke.

"So you're saying. Since Embry is a shifter, the baby will grow quicker than normal?" Paul asked.

"There is a possibility. Have you noticed any change other than this?" Carlisle asks.

"None...well except I have come to have a weird obsession with Mangos and Kiwi." I sigh. I absolutely hate both of those fruits but lately I can't get enough of them.

"Ok, I'd like to do a check up on you here once a week and every two weeks at the hospital."

"If the pregnancy is going to be how you say...what am I supposed to do about work? I'm not supposed to go on maternity leave for another seven and a half months. If I'm gonna be full term in a few months or weeks...I can't go to work and I need to go to work."

"You can tell your boss that you are being put on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. We can come up with a condition that is plausible that would cause you to be on bed rest." Alice suggested.

"But...I might not get paid for the extra months. It was only supposed to be three weeks before delivery." My voice cracks.

"We will take care of it." Esme says.

"I can't. I can't do this. This is to fast." I start to hyperventilate and I can feel my heart racing in my chest.

"She's having a panic attack. Jake, go into the kitchen and get a paper bag and a bottle of water. Hurry." Esme orders as I gasp.

"I can't breathe." I gasp pulling the collar away from my neck.

"Sam, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focus on your breathing." Alice says kneeling in front of me. I listen to her but it only slows a little. Jake comes back with the brown bag and hands it to me. I place it to my mouth and breath into it as it inflates. It takes a complete five minutes till I calm down.

"Better?" Embry asks.

"I wanna go home. I'm tired."

"Ok, why don't you all leave but I want to see you in here tomorrow evening." We say our goodbyes and head home. As soon as we are there, I lay on the bed and fall asleep.