Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 27

~One month later~
Well, Edward was right. My pregnancy is just like Bella's was but it's a little bit different. Bella went to nine months in a matter of two months. Right now, I look as if I'm five months when really I'm actually three months. Everything has been so crazy since we found out about this. I haven't been to work in two weeks, I had more doctors appointments in the last month than I have in the last seventeen years, I can't wear my regular clothes anymore so I wear one of Embry's shirts and maternity bottoms. My moods have been even worse, I'm craving things constantly and I am also constantly eating. I've gained about twenty to thirty pounds from the eating and I'm in constant pain. My ankles hurt and are swollen, my back hurts, I am tired all the time, I'm not vomiting which I'm glad for and I am ALWAYS peeing. I swear. I might as well stay on the toilet and have people bring me food because if I'm not eating, I'm peeing. Carlisle called Miranda and talked to her about my "condition" so now I'm on "bed rest" until I give birth and I'm getting paid for it too. I feel bad for lying to her because she is an amazing boss but I can't go into work looking five months pregnant when I'm three months pregnant. That's just not normal. Also, Embry has been working at the shop for a couple weeks and I hardly see him. When he goes to school, I wake up long enough to talk to him for about ten minutes then fall back asleep, after school he comes home long enough to change then goes to work and by the time he gets home I'm asleep. Also, when he has days off Sam has him patrolling. In the last month, there has only been one day that we actually spent time together. I've asked Sam several times to give him Saturday's off of patrol but he won't. I've asked Embry to ignore Sam's orders but he just says "I can't." He has been working so hard and really hasn't gotten much sleep that he has had a major attitude and it's getting on my last nerves. Today is supposed to be a happy and exciting day because we're finding out the sex but instead of it being that way it's a horrible day. Embry and I have been arguing since he got home from getting his pay check. "Is patroling more important then finding out the sex of our kid!?" I yell following him into the living room from the kitchen.

"Of course not but I can't ignore my orders. It's my duty to protect you and the rez and I can't do that if I'm not patrolling!" he yelled back biting into his sandwich.

"UGH!!! Fine, I guess I gotta take matters into my own hands." I throw my hands into the air and walk to the room. I slip my shoes on, grab my keys, my purse and walk back to the living room.

"Where are you going?" he asks with a mouth full of food.

"To Sam's." I snap throwing the door open.

"What the hell are you going to do?" he follows me out into the warm air. I climb into the drivers seat and adjust it so I'm sitting comfortably with my big stomach. Before I start the car, he shifts and takes off ino the trees. I peel out of the driveway and speed all the way there. As soon as I pull up, Embry emerges from the trees pulling his pants on. I cut the engine and stomp up to the house. "Samantha, DON'T!" Embry says blocking my way.

"Move or so help me god Embry I will kill you." He stands there looking at me.

"Sami is that you?" Emily asks sliding the door open. Embry steps aside as she comes out. "Why dont' you come in?" I look at Embry in accomplishment and follow her in.

"Where's Sam?" I ask angrily.

"Um-upstairs. Why? Is everything ok?" she asks worriedly.

"No, everything is not OK!" I snap. At first she is taken aback by my sudden attitude but quickly regains herself.

"What is this all about?" Sam asks walking down the stairs. Before I answer the back door opens and the rest of the pack walks in, including Jake.

"This is about how you are working Embry like he's your bitch!" I snap. "He goes to school, goes to work, and patrols on his days off! He's hardly sleeping with all these crazy hours and I'm tired of never being able to see him! I want you to release him of his patrolling duties on Saturdays so he can sleep!!" I yell glaring at him.

"I can't do that Sami and you know that." My hormones and short temper were getting the best of me and I could feel myself about to snap. I look at Embry for any kind of help but he just stood there obviously not wanting to tick off his alpha.

"Sam, can't you just do it this once?" Emily asks touching his arm.

"I would like to but I can't." he says apologetically.

"Fine, whatever. I'm done. Guess I'll find out the sex of the baby on my own." My temper had turned into crying. I turned and left the house crying.

"Sam, do something!" Emily yelled. I climbed into the car and drove off to my appointmet crying. As I got to the hospital, I parked the car and wiped my face trying to make it look like I hadn't been crying but my blood shot eyes and red tented nose gave me away. Ten minutes later I'm sitting in a doctors office waiting. I've flipped through three magazines while waiting.

"Samantha Cullen." the nurse calls my name and I stand up placing the magazine on the table. "Right this way." I follow her through the door and down a hallway. "Place your purse here and step on the scale."

"Now whatever I weigh, you'll deduct twenty pounds won't you?" I ask jokingly trying to lighten my spirits. She laughed and I stepped onto the scale. She hit a few buttons and the red letters lit up the small screen. As it climbed passed my normal weight I groaned. Finally the numbers stopped changing and I sighed. 167. "I've gained twenty pounds? Doesn't seem like it."

"That's the baby taking in everything and gaining weight." she said. "Follow me and I'll put you in a room." I grabbed my purse and we headed to a room. When we got in there she took my blood pressure, temperature, asked me a few questions about the pregnancy and measured my belly. when she finished with all that she left the room and said the doctor would be right in. It completely sucks that Embry isn't here. He should be here to experience this with me. As more tears filled my eyes, there is a light tap at the door before it opens.

"I'm Dr. Machello. Are you Samantha?" the doctor asks. It's not Carlisle and that's who I was expecting.

"Yes but um where is Carlisle?" I ask.

"He couldn't make it today, I'm filling in for him. Cullen? Are you related to him?" she asks.

"Yes, I'm his granddaughter." I answer proudly.

"Granddaughter?" Shock is evident on her face.

"He is older than he looks. Botox." I laugh quickly making up a lie.

"Hm, I never knew. Anyways, will the father be joining up?"

"Um...no. He got-caught up." I frown.

"Ok, let's get started. Lay back and lift your shirt up." I lay back and get comfortable on the table then pull the shirt up, exposing my belly. She places a towel over my lap and adds gel to my stomach and places the wand on it. I look at the TV that is hanging in the corner of the room as an image pops up. "There's your baby. There are the eyes, the nose, lips..." she continues to point out all the features.

"Wow." I sigh. She held the wand still as the baby moved. "It's so weird." I giggle rubbing the sides of my stomach.

"Are you ready to find out what this little cutie is?" she asks.

"Yes." I kept my eyes glued to the screen as she moved it around for a few minutes. It took her a while because the baby kept moving.

"Little squirmy isn't it." she laughs. "Ah, there we are." she smiles.

"What is it?"

"Say hello to your..."