Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 28

With the ultra sound pictures in my purse and a smile on my face, I head back home. My left hand rest on my swollen belly the entire time. Nothing could ruin this for me, absolutely nothing. Today might have started off bad but in a matter of thirty minutes, that all changed. As I pull up to Emily's she and Kim are sitting on the front porching. As I park the car, I grab the pictures and climb out. "Where is everybody?" I ask approching them.

"In the house."

"Why are you all...smiley?" Kim asks. I pull out the ultra sound pictures and hold them up. "OH MY GOD!!!" she screams taking them from me. Emily stands next to her and looks over her shoulder at the five small pictures.

"Is there...theres...OH MY GOD!!! SAMI!!!" Emily yells hugging me.

"I'm so happy for you!" Kim smiles joining our hug.

"What's with all the commotion?" Seth asks as the door slides open and the pack comes out. Leah comes over and Kim shows her.

"Is that what I think it is?" she asks smiling.

"Yep. It is." I smile giving her a hug.

"What is it? What's going on?" Collin asks.

"She found out the genders." Emily smiled as we all looked at the guys. My eyes went to Embry and he stood shocked. All thoughts of what happened earlier evaporated into the air and disappeared as I placed my hands on my stomach.

"Genders?" Sam asks as he and the guys crowd around us to look at the pictures

"Yep...a boy and a girl." I smile even wider. My eyes filled with tears as Embry walked down the steps and over to me.

"We're having twins?" he asks after a second.

"Yes." I smile as tears of joy slide down my face. He wipes them away before pulling me toward him and kissing me full on the lips. Love, adoration, affection, happiness and many other feelings washed off of his lips and over me. After we pulled apart, I was passed around and wrapped in warm hugs. When I got back to Embry, he placed his hands on my tummy and rubbed it.

"I'm gonna call Tiffany...we need to celebrate." Emily smiles.

"Why don't you call your family and invite them." Sam smiles.

"Wait...seriously?" I ask.

"Yea, this is a special occasion. They should be here too but only for tonight."

"Thank you Sam. So much." I wrap my arms around him and hug him for the first time. "Can I borrow your phone?" I ask Embry. He pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to me. I dial the home number and wait for someone to answer.

"Cullen residence." Renesmee's sweet voice chimes over the phone.

"Hey, Renesmee...it's Mantha. Is your mommy there?" I smile as we all make out way into the house.

"Mommy! It's Mantha! It's Mantha!" she screams into the phone making me pull it away from my ear.

"Thank you baby, go see if grandma needs help with coloring. Sam?" Bella says into the phone.

"Hey Bells. How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you? Hows the baby?" she asks.

"Good and good. That's actually why I'm calling. Will you have everyone gather around, it's kinda important."

"Just a sec." I wait a full minute until there is slight static coming from the other end.

"Sami, what's so important?" Jasper asks.

"Well, we're having a party tonight to celebrate and Sam suggested I call and invite you all down."

"Seriously? He is actually giving us permission to go onto the Rez? What's the occasion?" Alice speaks up.

"I'll tell you if you come...will you all?" I ask. There is a silence on the other end of the phone for several minutes. Just when I think they are going to hang up or something someone speaks.

"We'll be there." She speaks from the other end. It's been a while since I'd actually heard her speak to me but now she is agreeing to come down here.

"O-oh ok."

"What time should we be there?" Esme asks.

"Em, what time should they be here?"

"Whenever."

"Whenever you can."

"Ok, see you in a few." We hang up and I walk into the living room to sit on Embry's lap.

"You still mad at me for earlier?" he asks placing his hand on my belly.

"No, after I got the news we were having twins...I was so happy that I could forgive Hitler for killing all those Jews but now that I'm coming off my high, I hate him again." I smile.

"I can't believe we're having twins."

"Do you wanna see em?" he nods his head with a grin on his face. "Jared, let me see the pictures." He passes them around the room until he get to me. "Say hello to our little boy and our little girl." I smile holding them up. He asks questions and I answer them like the doctor had done for me. "Here are their eyes, their noses, their legs and their genitles." We all sit around for about two hours just talking about random stuff, well they were. Embry and I were in our own little world until there is a flash. I look and see Emily with her digital camera in her hand. "What are you doing?"

"You guys just looked so cute...this could be part of the baby album, when you found out their sex." she smiles.

"Thanks Em." I smile. "I gotta pee." I groan getting off Embry's lap. I rush to the bathroom and relieve myself. After I wash my hands I walk out and halt in the hallway.

"You have a beautiful home." Esme's voice whispers through the house.

"Thank you." The house grows quiet so I walk out making my presence known.

"Sami, holy cow you're huge." Dad smiles coming over to me.

"Aww...you're so sweet." I laugh giving him a hug. As I look over his shoulder, everybody is here. Including her. "Hi guys." I smile giving everyone hugs except her.

"Sami, you look beautiful." Grandma smiles when we pull apart.

"Thank you."

"Sorry I didn't make it to your appointment today. Nessie had a little fever and Bella was worried so I called in."

"Don't worry. I was well taken care of." I smiled. I have to try with all my power not to think about the babies. If Edward knows then it won't be a shock to him either so I gotta keep my mind off of the genders of them.

"Ok, the food is ready. Let's move everything out to the picnic area." Emily says grabbing several dishes.

"Here, let me help you." Esme smiles grabbing a few of them. As we all move toward the back door, a cold hand on my arm stops me. I turn to see her standing before me.

"Can we talk for a sec?" she asks.

"Um...sure." I lead her to the front porch and sit on the rocking chair as she sits next to me. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Samantha...I'm sorry." she frowns. I look at her in shock. As long as I can remember she has never apologized for anything she has said or done to ANYONE.

"I-um..." I was beyond lack of words.

"Just let me speak. Please." I nod my head and place my hands on my belly. "I'm sorry for everything. I regret everything that happened. I wish I could take it back but I can't. I guess at the time...I was just...in shock and didn't know how to process everything. It all happened so fast and I didn't know how to handle it. I know I shouldn't have acted that way but I didn't know how else to react. Ever since that day, I've thought about calling you but realized I told you to leave your phone. The day I saw you on the road, I was going to talk to you until you drove off."

"How do you think I've been feeling? How do you think I felt when I found out? I'm the one thats pregnant. I needed you. I needed my mom to be there to tell me everything was going to be ok. To help me but instead you kicked me out. You disowned me. I had never felt that bad before in my life. I felt like I had disappointed everybody. It's not like I planned this. I still feel like a disappointment." I said as tears filled my eyes. Before I could even process it, she was hugging me.

"I'm sorry honey. I am SO sorry. You don't have to forgive me now but I just wanna be there for you from now on if you will let me." she whispered. "Everybody makes mistakes from time to time and they should be forgotten. I shouldn't have gotten so mad when you decided to keep it. You're my daughter, you're very headstrong like me." she smiled when she pulled back.

"Daughter?" Her face twisted and I know if she could cry she would be. "Does that mean I can call you mom?" I ask.

"Of course. Does this mean you'll come home?" she asks.

"As much as I'm glad that we're talking...I can't leave. This is my home now. I'm staying with Embry and his mom who is taking good care of me." I sigh. Before I continue Tiffany's car pulls into the driveway. As she gets out she walk to the passenger side and helps Billy out of the car. "Tiffany, Billy. How are you?" I ask standing up.

"Emily called us and told us that we need to come over immediately. Where is everybody?" she asks.

"Out back."

"Is everything ok?" Billy asks.

"Oh yeah. Everything is fine. Just celebrating."

"Why is she here?" he asks looking behind me at my MOTHER.

"Sam invited them to celebrate with us. It's only for today."

"Ok, well we're gonna go out back now." Tiffany says.

"Wait...mom, this is Embry's mom Tiffany. Tiff this is my mom Rose."

"I'd say nice to meet you but it's not. What kind of mother kicks her daughter out and disowns her when she finds out she is pregnant?" Tiffany glares at her.

"It was a mistake and we had just talked about it. It's in the past." Mom whispers.

"Well I have nothing to say to you even if you did make up. But I will say that Samantha is a joy to be with." She says before pushing Billy to the backyard.

"Why don't we get you something to eat?" mom smiles at me. We walk to the backyard and I grab some food that is safe for me to eat. Of course my family isn't eating but they are nibbling at a few things so it won't be awkward. After eating five plates, drinking three bottles of water, six brownies and nine trips to the bathroom...it was time to make the announcment.

"So why are we celebrating?" Billy asks drinking his beer. Embry and I stand up then walk to the front of the picnic tables.

"Well I had a doctors appointment today that was supposed to be with Carlisle and I'm kinda glad it wasn't because now I can tell all of you." I smile.

"Tell us what?" Bella asks.

"What's going on?" Tiffany asks.

"We know what we are having." Embry smiles grabbing my hand. I look at him before looking at everyone else. The pack already knows so it's just my family, Billy, and Tiffany that don't know.

"Well...what is it?" Alice asks.

"One is a boy and the other is a little girl. I'm having twins." I smile.

"OH MY!! Samantha Melanie Cullen!! That is so great!!" Dad yells walking up to us.

"I'm having a grandson AND a granddaughter?" Tiffany asks.

"Yes." Embry smiles. The rest of the night is filled with laughs, smiles, hugs, belly rubbing and Carlisle talking to me about twins. I ended up falling asleep in the hammock that was hanging between two trees.