Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 29

"Baby...will you rub my legs?" I ask Embry as I sit on the couch next to him.

"Sure." he smiles picking my legs up and starts to rub them. I now look like I am seven months but I'm really four months and the babies are active as hell. They are always moving, kicking and stretching. My ankles are huge, my stomach looks like a beach ball, and I can barely walk without getting winded. The babies are progressing fantastically. Carlisle said that they are at the point in their development that they can hear us, music and anything that goes on, on the outside. So when I'm lying still, I like to put headphones over my stomach and play the classical music that's on my IPod and at night Embry and I talk to them. Every time we sing to them they just kick and kick and flip around. Last night, one of them had the hiccups and it kinda tickled me so I would giggle every time it would hiccup. "How does that feel?" he asks.

"Really good. I'm so glad that Sam has been taking it easy on you with the patrolling." I sigh eating my bowl of grapes.

"Me too...oh my boss is gonna give me a few weeks off after the twins are born. Gotta help you out."

"That was nice of him." I smile. I place headphones over my stomach and turn on the music quietly.

"Your boobs have gotten really big." he laughs looking at them.

"Oh god I know. My bra barely fits anymore." I giggle.

"We might have to buy you some new ones for the time being." he smirks. I will never forget the first time he saw them since they started growing. We've had sex several times and they are bigger each time. Since he, Jake, Quil, Jared, Kim and Paul graduated a few weeks ago, they didn't have school any longer and everything is better. At first, Embry was talking about just dropping out and getting his GED but I made him go to school. Now Seth, Collin and Brady are the only ones in school. It's now the beginning of June and the weather is beautiful. For the last week there hasn't been any snow, rain or hardly any clouds which is very weird for this part of the country. Usually if it wasn't raining it was snowing, if it isn't snow it's raining, if it wasn't doing either then there was an over cast that would turn into both. There would only be one or two days where it would be this clear but I'm not complaining.

"Yeah, I was thinking about going up to Port Angeles to the 'Mommy to be' shop and get some. Usually when mommies are on bed rest they are allowed to walk for an hour or two that could be my excuse if we run into Miranda."

"Maybe Alice, Bella and your mom could take you later on. I'm supposed to be leaving in a few anyways; Sam wants me and the rest of the guys to help him build a shed in the back yard."

"Oh that should be comical. Where's my phone?" Yes, I got my phone back. Since mom and I made up, she gave everything back to me. My phone, credit card and whatever else I had to leave behind. She told me to take clothes but since none of them fit me any longer I told her to keep them or donate them.

"It's in the room. Want me to get it?" he asks applying pressure to the bottom of my feet.

"That feels good and no, I need to get dressed. I can't stay in your shirt all day." I sigh moving my legs off of him. He gets off the couch and helps me up. "This really sucks. I can't even get off the couch without needing help." I groan as I stand up and walk to the bedroom. I grab the phone and text them. 'I need 2 go 2 Mommy to be 4 a few things...do u Alice & Bella wanna join me?' I text mom.

'Sure, do u want us 2 meet u there or do u wanna pick us up?'

'I can pick u up, it's on the way.'

'Ok, Renesmee is comin 2...she misses ya.'

'That's fine, I miss her 2. C ya'll n a bit.' I put the phone down and start to get ready. Nikola still had a few of her maternity pants and shorts from when she was pregnant with Embry so she gave them to me since my regular bottoms didn't fit me. I slide the shorts on and grab one of my shirts that are stretchy. "Embry? Have you seen my flip flops?" I ask searching for them. My feet are so swollen that they don't fit in my other shoes so I've been wearing flip flops.

"They're not in the closet?" he asks from the living room.

"No, I put them by the dresser but they're not there either." I reply walking out of the room and into the living room to search for them there.

"I'll check the room again." After looking for a few minutes I give up and sit on the couch. I place my feet on the coffee table and look at how swollen they are. "You both are lucky. While the two of you are in there, all nice and comfy. I'm out here suffering. My feet look like I got stung by a bee. But...you both are very worth all this." I smile rubbing my belly.

"Found em. They were under the bed." he drops them on the floor in front of me and helps me up. I slide them onto my feet and grab my purse off the table. "Phone." he smiles handing it to me.

"Thank you. I love you, have fun with Sam." I smile as he walks me to my car.

"Love you too. I also love both of you very, very much. Be nice to mommy while you're gone." he smiles kissing my belly through the shirt. I climb into the driver’s seat and adjust it so my stomach isn't touching the steering wheel. After one more kiss, I click my seat belt into place and take off. After picking them up, we finally make it to Mommy to be and get what I need. After that we go to build a bear, where Renesmee makes a bear for me and my babies.

"That's really sweet Ren. Thank you." I smile hugging her.

"They can't have it till later." she smiles.

"What's later? After they're born?"

"No silly...later on at yo-" she is quickly cut off by Bella putting her hand over her mouth.

"At your house." She quickly says panicked. I look at her suspiciously for a second before shrugging.

"Can we go? My back is KILLING me." We head to the car and load the bags into the back. After dropping them off, I head to the house. I grab the bags from the back and carry them into the house. "Embry? Tiffany? Mello yellow!" The house if eerily quiet and it's so strange. I walk to the kitchen to get something to eat and see a bright pink post it on the fridge. 'At the beach with the whole gang. When you get home, come on out. Love E.' I crumple it up and toss it in the waste basket. I grab a bag of Doritos, a bottle of water and my purse then head to the beach. As I walk, I open the bag of chips and start eating them.

"Samantha!" I turn around and see Leah jogging toward me. "Hey, going to the beach?" she asks.

"Yep, chip?" She reaches into the bag and grabs a handful.

"Thanks." We walk and eat in silence as we get to the dirt path that leads to the beach. I roll the top of the bag downward and carry it next to me as I take a big drink of the water. As we get to the sand part of the path, it opens up and the beach comes into view. I move the water bottle from my mouth and stand there in shock.

"SUPRISE!!!!" Everyone yells. The pack, Billy, Sue, Rachael, Kim, Claire, Tiffany, Miranda, a few of the girls from work and my family cover the sandy beach. There are pink and blue decorations everywhere. Balloons, streamers, table clothes, cupcakes, and so much more. It's my baby shower. Thankfully it's not windy out or the decorations would be everywhere and the cupcakes would be covered in sand. Sam's grill is off to the side with smoke billowing from it, there is a table that has a bunch of food on it.

"Oh my god!" I squeal as tears fill my eyes and I walk forward.

"Shocked?" Leah asks from next to me.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting this AT ALL." I smile walking with her to the group. I walked around giving and getting hugs and kisses. Emily and Alice place a sash over my shoulders that said 'mommy to be' and a tiara with blue and pink babies on it. When I got to Miranda and the girls from work I hugged them all. "If you're all here, who is at the store?"

"The 'Under construction' sign. Embry came in the other day and invited us, said that it would mean a lot to you. You look gorgeous by the way." Miranda smiled.

"Thanks. How are you girls? I miss working." After talking to them for a while the food was ready and I filled my plate twice. Everything was so good. As I took a bite out of a cupcake, Kim who was sitting next to me scooted away. "What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I don't wanna be near you when you explode." she teases.

"Oh ha ha ha...u so funny." I stick my tongue out at her. Forty minutes later the food was all gone and everyone was hanging out talking to each other. The pack and my family was actually getting along...it was really nice. Except when all the guys complained about being here. Emily is making Sam stay, Kim is making Jared stay, Rachael is making Paul stay, Sue is making Seth and Billy stay and Mom is making Dad stay. The rest of the guys actually wanna here.

"Time for games." Alice chimes. We all get in a circle as the first games starts.

"The rules of this game are to guess the type of candy bar by smelling it and the look of it but you can't taste it." Kim explains handing out four diapers to four random people. When one of them got to me I just passed it to Embry who looked at me funny.

"Too much like poop." I laugh. After a few minutes the game was over and everyone had to reveal their answers. Seth, Sue and Miranda got them right.

"The next game everyone will split into four teams of six, each team will get a roll of toilet paper. You will have to figure out how many sheets it will take to wrap around Samantha's belly." Emily smiles. As everyone splits into teams, Bella helps me stand up for a second so everyone can get a good look then sits me back down.

"Is everyone done?" I ask. Embry's group which consisted of him, Quil, Kim, Dad, Esme, and Bella was the team that got the closest number. The games continued to about an hour until it was time to open gifts. I sat in the plastic chair while everyone left to get their presents from the cars. It was like a parade of gifts as they came back. My eyes nearly fell out of my head at all the stuff that was being carried from the trees. Two bassinets, a crib still in the box, play pin, two walkers, bouncer, stroller, swing, forty bags filled with clothes, rags, blankets, bottles, nipples, diapers, plastic spoons, pacifiers, baby wipes, and SEVERAL other things. A few included a breast pump, rocking chair that was hand made by Billy and Jake, and burp rags. It took almost two hours to look at everything. Since I'm having twins, there was double everything. Miranda got me a gift card to Mommy to be just in case there was something I needed that I didn't get. "Where are we going to put all this stuff?" I ask Embry as I fold the baby clothes.

"Don't worry about it right now, we'll find a place." he smiles.

"There isn't enough space in the room for all this...there isn't enough room in the whole house." I frown.

"Babe, we will figure it out. I promise." he smiles touching my hand. I sigh and nod before continuing folding the onsies and he joins the guys passing the football around.

"Well, we're gonna get going." Miranda said as she walked over to us with the girls behind her.

"Oh, thank you girls for coming. It meant a lot to me." I smile giving them hugs as they bent down toward me.

"We will see you when you get back to work. Make sure you take care of those babies." Tessa smiles.

"Will do. Bye." I watch as they leave before turning back to the clothes. When I finish folding the clothes I set them aside and lean back in the chair. I end up rubbing my hands over my stomach and start to think about which one of us they will look like. Will they have my blonde hair or Embry's dark hair? Will they have my green eyes or his brown ones? As I sit there rubbing it, I start to hum a song that mom used to sing to me when I would have bad dreams.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
and when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings
them true
Here is the place where I love you.

Mom has joined in with me as everyone crowds around me.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings
them true
Here is the place where I love you.

As we finished singing the song, she grabbed my hand and held it as I continued rubbing my stomach. Under my hand, I feel several small kicks. "EMBRY!" I yell smiling. He hasn't had the opportunity to feel them kick or move yet so now was the time.

"Is everything ok?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah...just need Embry." I look as he rushes forward.

"What? Are you ok?" he asks. I grab his hand and place it on my stomach as they continued to kick and move and stretch. "Oh wow." he says in amusement with a smile on his face. "They're really in there."

"Did you think I was just getting fat?" I laugh moving his hand as the one of the left started to kick. "Ow, think this ones gonna be a soccer player." I laugh.

"Can we feel your babies?" Renesmee asks as she and Claire stand in front of me. Embry moves out of the way as they come forward. I grab their little hands and place them on my belly.

"You feel that?" I ask as they nod their heads. "Those kicks are the babies. You used to do that to your mommy all the time." I smile.

"Is that where I came from?" Renesmee asks.

"Yes, that is where you came from sweetie." Bella answers.

"How did I get there?" she asks. Nobody said a word but a few of us laughed. Bella and Edward looked at each other.

"She's too young to be asking about that stuff. She's not even a year." Bella whispered.

"It's ok...Samantha has an answer." Edward smiled as everyone looked at me.

"You got there by love. Love is what made you and love is the reason why you are here. Your mommy and daddy loved you so much; they wanted you to be here with us." I smiled. 'Even if they didn't know you were possible.' I think looking at Edward and Bella. Bella smiled at me in thanks.

"Do you love your babies?" Claire asks.

"Yes, very much. More than anything in the world."

"More than candy?" the two little girls ask as everyone laughs.

"More than candy." I smile.

"Ok, let's get you two little ones cleaned up." Emily smiles picking up Claire while Bella takes Renesmee.

"Does it hurt?" Kim asks as everyone sits around me. I'm the first one amongst them to be pregnant...guess they're living through me. Well Bella was pregnant but she was never on the reservation. Her pregnancy came and went so fast, nobody really had time to talk about it really. They just talked about how quickly the baby was growing and everything.

"Only when they kick a rib or an organ or get stuck behind my ribs...other than that...no, it doesn't hurt. At first it felt really weird. It felt like...holding a water balloon in your hand that has something in it." Everyone asks me questions about it and I answer them. As we all sit around laughing, talking and having a good time I suddenly suck in a deep breath and gasp in pain. "OW! OW!" I lean further back in my chair and grab my ribs.

"You ok?" Carlisle asks.

"Yep, under the ribs. I hate when they do this...Ow." Carlisle comes over to me and pushes on my stomach a few times in different directions until I am no longer in pain.

"There ya go. Just gotta move them around a little." he smiles. Renesmee and Claire fall asleep just before the sunsets beyond the horizon.

"We'd better get home. Little girl is all tuckered out." Bella smiles.

"I'm gonna get dad home, he's a little too drunk for my liking." Jake laughs loudly as Billy sits passed out next to him. We decide to call it a night and leave the beach after I give my family hugs. The pack helps us carry everything back to the house while Embry carries me without a problem. It takes two hours to place everything in places that aren't in the way. Embry and I take a shower together then get ready for bed. I have taken over the side of the bed closest to the door in case I need something in the middle of the night. It felt good to be lying down.