Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 30

Ugh! These two are driving me crazy. All night they were kicking, moving, pushing, stretching, hiccupping and turning. When they weren't moving I was either peeing or staring at the wall. I haven't been able to sleep for two nights. They finally fell asleep around eight and I was able to fall asleep. So when I open my eyes to the smell of food, I look at the clock and groan. It's only 2:29. Before I could go back to sleep, my bladder tells me otherwise. I throw the sheet off of me and make my way to the bathroom. When I finish, I wash my hands and look at my reflection. I look beautifully horrible. The pregnancy has given me a sort of glow but the babies have given me dark circles from lack of sleep. I splash some water on my face and hope I look a little better. When I walk out of the bathroom, I just head toward the smell of food. As I walk through the living room and into the kitchen, Embry and Tiffany are cooking together. "Don't burn the eggs Embry." Tiffany orders him. He flips them quickly and sighs as they are browned a little. I giggle slightly and they look at me.

"Uuummm, SURPRISE BABE!!!" Embry yells in shock.

"Happy birthday honey." Tiffany smiles giving me a hug.

"Thank you. What's all this?" I ask sitting at the kitchen table.

"Well, we were going to make you a late breakfast in bed but I guess you'll eat here." Embry smirks.

"That's really sweet." I smile. "Has Alice or anybody called about my party?" I ask propping my feet up on the chair next to me.

"Jake and Quil were over earlier and Bella called Jake. She said that everything is set, RSVPs are in and the reservation is made." he smiles as the oven dings. As Tiffany opens it, the smell of warm cinnamon rolls hit my nose.

"Oh my god! Those smell SOO freaking good!" I groan as my mouth starts to water. "So, you're gonna bring your boo?" I ask Tiffany.

"Yeah, he's gonna join us after he gets off work. He is really excited to meet you and Embry."

"Why would he be excited to meet me? Embry I understand, he's your son, but me?"

"He is excited because you're having my grandkids." She sets a large plate of the icing covered cinnamon rolls on the tables and my mouth waters even more. As I reach forward to grab one, a slight pressure builds in my stomach and pushes itself out.

"Did...did you just fart?" Embry asks laughing.

"Oh like you've never heard me fart before. I've been farting every night in bed, damn kids give me gas." I glare at him playfully biting a cinnamon roll.

"Eww...that's what the smell was?" he laughs faking a gag.

"Oh don't you even get me started. If it could happen you'd blow holes in your pants. I thought you damn near shit yourself yesterday." His mom laughed defending me.

"Oh whatever."

"At least I own up to my gas, you blame it on me or one of the guys if they're here."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Oh yes, you do." Tiffany jumped in.

"HA!! Two against one, you lose babe." I smile taking another bite.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let’s stop talking about gas. How does it feel to be eighteen?" Embry asks as he and Tiffany join me. They place eggs, bacon, toast, and fruit on the table along with some drinks. I fill up my plate quickly and dive into it before answering.

"No different. Just another day that's gonna come and go quickly." I smile.

"Well, your party is going to be a blast." I agree and we fall silent as we eat. I finish my plate and head to the bathroom.

"WHERE'S THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!?" Kim's voice screams out. I walk out of the bathroom and into the living room to see her, the entire pack and Rachael standing by the front door.

"Hey." I smile.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" everyone yells. The babies jump sharply and start moving. I quickly grab my stomach and they look at me concerned.

"It's fine...you scared them." I laugh loudly. "What are you guys doing?"

"We bring early gifts. Here on the rez, we do things the old fashioned way. We make gifts and cards." Jake explained.

"Why don't you just give them to me at the party? It's in just a few hours." I sit in the rocking chair I got from the baby shower.

"We made plenty of cards to give you some during the party. Claire made a bunch too." Quil smiled. As the light shined on him I laughed.

"Why...Quil why do you have glitter all over your face?" I ask as Kim and Rachael sit by me to start handing me cards one by one.

"Claire. She thought it would be funny to dump an entire tube of glitter on me last night. I still haven't been able to get it out." he sighs.

"You look very pretty as a fairy." I tease looking at the cards.

"Hardy har har, you're such a comedian."

"I know." I continue looking at them and smile as I read what they each wrote in them. "Thanks guys. These are the first birthday cards I've ever gotten from friends." I smile stacking them on top of each other once I finish.

"You didn't have any friends up in Alaska?" Rachael asks.

"No, I was to busy partying, having sex and getting drunk. I didn't have time to deal with the drama with the girls up there. Unless I accidently slept with one of their boyfriends."

"How many relationships did you break up because of it?" Kim asks curiously. I know it wasn't meant to be rude so I don't get mad.

"Two. One was on accident and the other was planned."

"What do you mean planned?" Jared asked.

"Well, this girl came up to me and told me that she has caught her boyfriend looking at me several different nights at a bar called Kristalls that I used to go to. He told her that he would NEVER cheat on her. Then a few weeks later, she came over to me and asked if I would flirt with him. She wanted to see if he would actually do it. She said she wouldn't get mad if it went all the way but she wanted to see if he would actually stop me. Well it went all the way and he didn't stop. The girl walked in on us in the bathroom and they got into a fight. She thanked me and I left."

"So you kinda helped her out with sex?" Collin asked confused.

"I guess...man, the old me would get a kick outta this." I laugh. I look at the clock an hour later and gasp. "I gotta get ready." Embry helps me get dressed while the rest of the group leaves to get ready. When I finish I fix my dress and smile.

"Ready?" Tiffany asks as I walk out to the living room.

"Yep, where'd Embry go?" I ask looking around.

"He left early. Said he had a few things to do."

"Oh ok. You look cute." I smile as we head out to my car.

"Thanks." As we head to the location of my party we talk about the babies. She told me about her pregnancy with Embry and from what she has told me, I'm lucky. She said he was always kicking, day and night. The twins kick but not day and night thankfully. "So do you two have ANY names picked out for my grand babies?" she asks pulling her phone out as it chimes.

"We can't decide. We've made list after list but just can't decide, we'll probably wait till the birth and whatever name comes to mind, and that’s what they'll be." I smile as she laughs.

"That's how it was with me. I went through the pregnancy on my own. My parents had passed away when I was twenty-two, I didn't have any grandparents, my friends kinda drifted away from me after they found out I was pregnant and even when I came here I was kinda alone." she sighs.

"I'm gonna ask you something and if you don't wanna tell me then you don't have to. I'm just curious."

"What’s on your mind?"
"Well, Embry never talks about...his dad. Was he not there either?" She remains quiet for a few seconds. The air quickly became tense as she let out a deep breath and cleared her throat.

"Um...well no he wasn't. I uh-around the time that I got pregnant...I was kinda "a whore"..." she used her fingers to indicate the quotation marks around the word. "...I slept with four guys the week I guess I conceived. They were all one night stands and by the time I found out I was pregnant, they were all long gone and I never heard from them again." She sighed.

"I don't know if Embry told you but I used to be the same way. Slept around all the time, I was never in a serious relationship because of it."

"Why'd you stop? I mean the sleeping around."

"Embry." I smiled looking at her gladly. "Did he tell you I tried to fight the imprint?" I ask.

"No, he never told me. Why did you try to fight it?"

"Because I didn't know him and it freaked me out that my life had just been laid out in front of me. Then, I liked the way my life was. I hated the idea of being tied to one person for the rest of my life. I wanted my life to stay the way it was so bad that I did something that I regretted and still do regret it." She looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "The week before the fight, I stayed at Sam and Emily's because I was in a house of people who never slept and didn't understand that I needed sleep. They were nice enough to let me stay so I could sleep. The first night I was there, Paul and I went to Port Angeles and got a hotel room for a couple hours. I'm sure you can figure out what happened." I sadly blocked my face with my hair and sighed.

"So...you still regret it?"

"Of course I do. Even though I told him, I still feel guilty like I did when it happened. I was desperate to try to break it, I was willing to try anything but that only made me hurt."

"So, how do you feel now? About the imprint I mean."

"Honestly...it still freaks me out at some points but when I look at Embry...the feelings I get when our eyes meet...the look he gets in his eyes when he says he loves me...it’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can proudly say that I will never ever go back to the way it was before. I have never felt so much love from one person; yeah my parents and family love me but never from a guy. When I finally accepted the imprint...it was truly the best day of my life. If you would have asked me six years ago, where I saw myself when I was eighteen...I probably would have said still sleeping around with random guys, with maybe three kids with three random guys and miserable." We laugh quietly, not because it was funny but because we've both been there. "Instead of that...I am incredibly happy, no longer sleeping around, with the guy that I love with all my being and having twins. Yeah the twin part could have waited a little bit longer but I have never been this happy in my entire life. I'm glad he imprinted on me because he has literally changed my life, no...He SAVED my life." I laughed loudly as I turned into the parking lot where my party is.

"For what it's worth...you are WAY better than any of his ex-girlfriends. They were awful girls but you are absolutely darling."

"You're just saying that because I'm having your grand babies." I laugh parking the car.

"Well that and because it's true. I can't wait to call you my daughter-in-law." She started to open her door as I froze. Wait, wait, wait, wait...WHAT!? Daughter-in-law? Is she serious? Is that why Embry left early? Oh my god! I slip my seat belt off and grab my purse then climb out. As we walk toward the building, she links arms with me. My heart is still beating frantically at the thought of Embry proposing. I really hope he isn't planning on doing that tonight. I'm too young to get married or engaged. As we walk into the building, cool air blasts me in the face blowing my hair away from my shoulders. Kids are running everywhere screaming, laughing; balloons floating behind them as they run passed me. Music is blasting through building, the sound effects from the different arcade games echo from the game room.

"Where is our room at?" I ask looking around. There are at least twelve different rooms and each one as a different theme. One is a princess theme, another is a super hero theme, there is one that is dark and has a movie screen in it where 'the Wizard of Oz' is playing and even one just for sports. There are four rooms that are dedicated to the 50s, 60s, 70s and the 80s. In the lobby of the large building is a bright pink Cadillac convertible that makes me wanna steal it.

"Hi, welcome to Incredible Pizza...can I help you find anything?" one of the workers asks.

"Um...yeah. Which room is reserved for Cullen?" I ask.

"Is that the party with the large tan guys and the gorgeous pale group?" she asks smiling.

"Yep, that's them." Tiffany and I both answer.

"Right this way." she smiles leading us to one of the rooms in the back. We zig zag through a group of face painted, glitter covered, princess dress wearing little girls who run out of a second princess room. "Here you are." We reach a set of double doors that look as if they belong in a castle. As she knocks on the doors they open and two masked guys appear in front of us. I try to look into the room but it is really dark.

"Please put these on." one of them says. I look at the Masquerade mask and smile as I place it on my face. I grab Tiffany's hand and we walk into the dark room. As soon as the doors close, the lights come on and I jump a hundred feet in the air.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANTHA!!!!!" I smile as I look around. The entire pack including Billy, Sue, Old Quil, Claire, Kim, Emily, and Rachael stand on one side of the room. While my family stands on the other side along with Carmen and Eleazar. Tiffany leaves to stand by Embry as Mom and Dad come over to me.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." Mom smiles placing a crown made of flowers on my head.

"Thanks." I smile hugging the both of them. I walk around hugging everyone I can get too. When I get to Carmen and Eleazar I frown. "Where are they?" I ask meaning Tonya and Kate.

"They've mostly been in Brazil for the last couple of weeks; they were in Australia last month. They wish you a happy birthday and apologize for not coming." Carmen answers. I nod my head and hug Eleazar.

"But they sent a gift." Eleazar smiles.

"Oh god. Lord only knows what they sent." I laugh moving on to hug Embry.

"Happy birthday babe." he smiles giving me a kiss.

"Thanks." I smile adjusting my mask. As I gaze around the room, it a total Masquerade themed room. It was huge. It was big enough to hold a dance floor, two thrones, fifty plus games, a small buffet bar, a pop machine, snack bar, play area for kids and an area that had a large renaissance style table placed in the middle of it, next to the dance floor. It was incredible. I'm placed at the head of the large table alongside Embry and smile. The workers start to fill up the buffet bar with all my favorites, obviously the work of Esme and Mom. Let the party begin.