Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 32

I pull the covers closer around me and try to block out the noise that is coming from the living room. I struggle to roll onto my right side and look at the alarm clock, 2:16am. I groan loudly and pull the pillow over my head. The loud noise doesn't quiet down at all, it's just muffled. As Paul, Jake and Quil cheer Embry on at whatever it is he is going I remove the pillow. The pack and the imprints went out to celebrate Quil's birthday around five. I, of course, didn't go seeing as how I'm pregnant. I've been in bed for four hours but woke up when they got back. They all thought that it was a good idea to come back to the house drunk and continue celebrating. If Tiffany didn't have to go to work, she'd for sure be all over them about being to loud. As their loud booming laughter echoes into the room, I throw the blankets off of me. I sit up and fix my tank top and shorts. I waddle to the door and throw it open before waddling to the living room. As I come around the corner I see them all with beers in their hands. It shocks me that Brady, Collin and Seth are drinking too. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" I yell quickly grabbing their attention. Embry looks at me and removes his beer from his lips as Brady, Collin and Seth hide their beers behind their backs.

"Hey baby." Embry smirks walking over to me.

"No! Don't 'HEY BABY' me! What is going on in here?" I ask pushing his hands away from me as he tries to pull me toward him.

"It's Quil's birthday, duh." Paul laughs. Since they have such high body temperatures, they can't get drunk but they sure as hell can get tipsy and annoying.

"No, Quil's birthday ended two hours ago and that's not what I asked. Why is everyone making so much noise? I was trying to sleep."

"Stop being a buzz kill." Collin laughs taking a sip.

"Does your mom know you are drinking? What about you Brady? I'm sure they would both find it interesting."

"Party pooper." Brady snickers putting the bottle down.

"Come on babe...don't be like this. Just because you can't party anymore doesn't mean you gotta take it out on us." I look at Embry shocked.

"I'm pregnant you asshole! So forgive me for not wanting to drink while I am having your babies." I glare at him. After I say that, we start fighting none stop for twenty minutes. We've fought before but never like this. I mean, I'm full out screaming at him, he's yelling at me, the guys are trying to get us to calm down but we just push them away. I can feel my face growing red as my anger builds. At any second, one of us could say something that we don't mean that will hurt the other. He starts to bring up stuff that happened before I accepted the imprint and how I lived my life before I came here.

"Me inprinting on you was the best thing that could have ever happened to you. If it wasn't for me, you'd probably still be whoring around." he glares at me. I hear the rest of the guys gasp loudly along with me.

"Embry, dude that was way to far." Paul snaps pushing on his chest slightly.

"It's the truth." he snaps back. I can feel tears start to build up in my eyes but I turn my head and quickly wipe them away, he is not worth my tears right now.

"Fine, you know what. You win." My voice cracks slightly before I turn and head back to the room. I grab one of my duffle bags that I got from Emily and started to pack it. After I fill it with clothes and toiletries, I slip on a pair of plaid pajama pants and a tshirt. I slip my shoes on, grab my purse that has my wallet, keys, phone and random stuff in it. I slip the strap to my bag over my shoulder and make my way toward the front door.

"Where the hell are you going?" Embry asks grabbing my arm.

"Let me go." I snap jerking my arm out of his grasp. I make my way out to my car and place the duffle in the back seat. I climb into the front seat and shove the key in and try to start it. As I turn the ignition it makes a loud screeching sound and dies. I try a few more times before smacking it several times. I can hear them in the house arguing. Jake and Quil are trying to get him to apologize to me but he is ignoring them. I grab my purse and get out of the car. I decide to walk to Sam and Emily's since they are the closest.

"Sami! Hold up!" I turn to see Seth, Brady and Collin running after me. "Where are you going?" Seth asks.

"I was gonna go to Forks but my car won't start, so I'm gonna go to Sam and Emily's. Just leave me alone for now." They stop following me and disappear back to the house. I continue walking along the side of the road for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I start to get this cramping feeling in my abdomin that makes me double over. Thinking it's just gas or something, I continue my way to their house. Seconds later, a SHARP pain stabs me in the back that makes me cry out and my knees go weak. I place my hands on my knees and look around. I'm next to the parking lot at La Push Beach, knowing that there is somewhere to sit there, I make my way toward the picnic tables. Just before I sit down, I feel as if I had just peed my pants. My pants are soaked, my feet are wet and I didn't have anything to change into. Not even seconds later, I grab my stomach and hold onto the table to keep from falling over. "Oh my god." I gasp through gritted teeth as another stab of pain hits me in my lower back. I sit on the bench and grip the old wood with my my fingers. "I can't be in labor. I can't be. It's too early." When the pain stops, I grab my purse and reach for my phone to call someone...anyone. As it lights up 'No Service' flashes across the screen. "SHIT!!" I hiss. I have to make it to Sam and Emily's. It's not that far away. I manage to get up from my seat and I start to make my way back up the road toward their house. The contractions are powerful when they come. Some I can handle but others I can't help but cry out in pain. I practice my breathing that I learned from a few lessons I took. Not a single car has passed me since I left the house, what I would give for a random car. As I come to the dead end road that their house sits on, I try to quicken my waddling pace. The contractions are coming way to fast and I don't know how to slow them down. Just before I can get to their house, the pain becomes to much for me and I end up on my hands and knees as tears leave my eyes. I have NEVER, EVER felt this kind of pain before. I crawl toward a big boulder and lean against it. Suddenly I open my mouth and a blood curling scream leaves my lips, echoing off of the trees.

~Emily's P.O.V~
Someone is screaming. I sit up in bed and look around the dark room. Sam is asleep next to me and the house is quiet. When I hear it again, I shake Sam's shoulder. "Sam." I whisper shaking him.

"What's wrong?" he asks rolling over with eyes still closed.

"I heard someone screaming." I whisper straining my ears as if I was trying to hear what was going on across the country.

"It was probably a dream. Go back to bed." he yawns. Just before I lay back down, a blood curtling scream pierces the house. Sam shoots up and we look at each other.

"I don't think it was a dream." I say as we jump out of bed. I quickly grab my robe and my slippers before we run down the stairs. As we reach the front door, another screams echoes through the house and we run out.

"SAM!!! EMILY!!!!" Samantha's screams hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Oh my god! It's Samantha." I take off running in the direction of her screams which is up the road. "Sam!? Where are you!?" I yell. Her cries grow louder as we get closer. Sam runs ahead of me quite a ways until he stops.

"I found her." he yells to me. I take off running until I reach them. She is propped up on a boulder with her knees up and tears running down her face. "Sami, what's going on? Why are you out here at two in the morning?" Sam asks as I kneal next to her. She explains about her and Embry getting into a fight and everything that was said. She was on her way here when her water broke.

"Sami, I'm gonna pull your pants off of you and look." she nods her head and Sam's moves up toward her head and looks away. I quickly pull her pajama pants off of her and lay them on the wet grass. As I look between her legs, I strain my eyes to look but as my eyes adjust to the darkness I can see a little head full of hair. "Oh my god, we gotta get her to Carlisle. She's crowning."

"I can't be!!! It's too early!!" she cries.

"The fight must of stressed your body out and sent you into early labor. Sam, help me get her up so I can give her my bathrobe." I order him. He quickly lifts her up onto her feet and I slip my robe off my shoulders and wrap it around her. "Carry her to the house, I'm gonna go ahead of you and call Carlisle and Kim. She will have to call everyone else." I run back to the house and pull the phone of the wall quickly before dialing the Cullen's house while turning lights on.

"Hello?" Esme's voice appears on the other end.

"ESME!!! You and everyone else needs to come down here NOW!!" I panic.

"What's wrong?" she asks confused.

"Samantha is in labor and crowning. Now hurry!!" I hang up the phone just as Sam walk in carrying a crying Samantha. I grab a couple blankets and pillows then put them on the kitchen table. "Place her here and pile the pillows up behind her." Sam follows my orders as I remove the robe from her. I place a sheet over her knees and prop her legs up. "Your family is on the way. I'm gonna call Kim and have her call everyone."

"Ok." she cries. I pick up the phone again and dial her number. Jared picks up on the third ring and I tell him what is going on. He immediately hangs up after saying he will call everyone.

"What else can I do?" Sam asks breathing heavy.

"Towels, warm water, and a cold rag." Seconds after giving him those orders, Carlisle and the rest of the Cullens barge in. I tell Carlisle what I know and he thanks me.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
"Mommy!" I cry as my family walks in. Everyone rushes over to me in worry.

"Oh baby girl. It's gonna be ok. We're here...you're gonna be alright." she tries to sooth me.

"It hurts." I cry as dad pushes hair away from my face. Sam comes over with a few things and places a cold cloth on my forehead. Seconds later, the door flies open and I hear Embry.

"SAM!!! SAMI!!!" he yells pushing his way through.

"Get him out of here. I don't wanna see him!!!" I hiss as a contraction hits me.

"I'm not going anywhere." he gently says coming over to me. "I am so, so, so, so SO sorry for what I said. I didn't mean a single word of it, it was just the alcohol. I would never ever mean any of those words." he whispers. "Please let me stay." he begs.