Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 34

"Embry, it's your turn to change her." I mumble into my pillow.

"I got Loki last time." his breath is hot against my hair at the back of my head. His arms tightens around me and pulls me closer to him.

"I got both of them the two times before that." His soft snoring heats my neck up, I rock against him trying to wake him up. He grunts and snorts loudly in my ear. "Figures." I sigh and manage to open my eyes, them landing on the alarm clock next to my head '2:10'. I push Embry over making his arm slide off of me and sit up. As Mika continues to cry, I quickly get out of bed and make my way to her bassinet. "Oh sh, sh, sh...it's OK." I whisper lifting her up and into my arms. I feel her diaper and sighed in relief, her diaper is clean thankfully. I grab the blanket that mom gave me that used to be mine and carry her to the living room. I position her by my breast and lift my shirt up, she latches on immediately. I drape the blanket over her tiny body and look at her through the moon light. The room is to quiet so I start to hum the lullaby that my mom sang to me, that I now sing to them. It's been two and a half weeks since they were born on Sam and Emily's kitchen table which they got rid of the next day because nobody wanted to sit at it. I had dad buy them some wood so Sam could make another one. In the two weeks that they have been here, I have never gotten this little sleep before. I have dark circles under my eyes that look like someone decked me a good one, the house hasn't really been clean clean in a week because Tiffany is staying with Eric because we wanna do this without anyone's help. I'm just thankful that they are progressing like normal babies and not like Renesmee. If they grew as quickly as she did, I wouldn't know what to do. When Carlisle went to work a few hours after leaving the Rez the morning they were born, he filed paperwork saying that I came in at so and so time, was put in whatever and then what time the twins were born. He had a birth certificate made, took their footprints, and everything else that would normally be done at a hospital, even made bracelets. Soon, she stops feeding and just falls asleep as I repeat the lullaby for the fourth time. I carefully cover myself back up without waking her up and continue to rock. I shift her so her head is on my chest and then drape the blanket over both of us. I don't know how long it takes but I soon fall asleep.

~One month, two weeks later: September 2~
"Apparently my family is having a family meeting and since you are all part of my family, you have to be there too. If you're all ok with that?" I speak as I bounce Loki in my arms trying to get him to burp.

"Do you know what it's about?" Seth asks.

"I have no idea but they wanna meet in twenty minutes and I can't miss it so....are you all coming?" I move to the car seats and start to buckle him in while Embry buckles Mika in.

"We will meet you there." Sam sighs standing from the table. "Be back soon." he kisses Emily as he and the rest of the pack leaves.

"Meet you guys there." Embry smiles kissing me and the babies before following them.

"You girls have fun shopping." I smile as Kim helps me get the twins into the car and securely strapped in.

"Let me know what the meeting is about." I climb into the front seat and start the engine. A few days after the babies were born, Jake and mom took a look at it and fixed it for me. I don't remember what was wrong with it but I'm just glad it's working. She heads back into the house and I close the door then start heading up to the house. I play some Bach and Beethoven quietly in the background as I hit the main road. I could see their little hands and feet in the air moving slightly in the rear view mirror. It takes a little over fifteen minutes to get to the house and as soon as I get to the house, Embry comes out of the trees in his cut off shorts.

"Have you been in yet?" I ask climbing out of the drivers seat.

"Not yet, I've been waiting for you but Sam went in and from what I can tell...things are pretty tense in there." he frowns grabbing Loki's car seat before he walks to the other side and grabs Mika's. I grab the diaper bag and follow him inside.

"Oh...there's my grandbabies." Mom smiles coming over to us as we walk in the door.

"I swear...she gets grandkids and she forgets all about me. At least my daddy still loves me." I smile walking over to him and giving him a hug.

"Who are you?" I look at him and fake a pout. He laughs and wraps his arms around me giving me a large hug. "I love you baby girl." he smiles kissing the top of my head.

"So...what's this family meeting about?" I ask setting the diaper bag down on the chair. The tension in the room hits unbelieveable heights.

"Um...Brady, Collin would the both of you mind taking the twins into the other room?" Sam asks. They immediately obey and leave the room with the car seats in hand.

"Ok, what's going on?" I ask nervously walking around the couch to stand between the pack and my family.

"Well...I-uh. We didn't know how to tell you this." Esme started.

"Tell me what? OH MY GOD!! WHO DIED!? TONYA? KATE? CARMEN? ELEAZAR??" I panic.

"Nobody died." Alice reassured me.

"But you might." Bella whispered quietly but I was right by her so I heard her. I look at her before looking at the rest of them.

"Ok, will someone please...just tell us what is going on?" Jared asks.

"It has come to our attention that...people...have taken notice...that our appearances haven't changed in the last few years that we have been here." Carlisle spoke.

"Oooookkaay?? What does that mean?" I ask confused.

"Some of them have started to suspect things." Edward speaks.

"Ok now I'm confused." Leah sighs.

"It seems that we have come to the end of our stay for the time being." My eyes snap open widely as I look at Jasper.

"What do you mean 'come to the end of our stay'?" I ask.

"Sami, you should know how these things go. It's the same reason why we moved here in the first place from Denali." Mom stands and comes over to me.

"HOLD UP!!! You can't move!! You'd be taking Renesmee away from me and you can't do that." Jake says standing next to me and looking at Edward and Bella.

"We have to Jake...if we stay here any longer, it's gonna make more people suspicious."

"Plus, Carlisle's team thinks he is having constant plastic surgery and botox." Alice laughs.

"Yeah, that's my fault but seriously!! You guys can't leave..." I sigh plopping down into the chair next to me.

"I agree with Samantha...you know what it will do to me if you take Renesmee away from me."

"We don't have a choice. Bella, Nessie and I are going back to Vancouver. That is the closest we can stay."

"What about the rest of you? Where are you all going? What about christmas, new years, thanksgiving, Halloween??"

"Esme and I are going to the penthouse we own in Toronto."

"Jasper and I have decided to visit the other nomads we know." Alice whispers.

"What about you guys?" I ask looking at my mom and dad.

"We're going to England...we just bought some land on the country side." Mom frowned.

"And what am I supposed to do?" I stand up and cross my arms.

"Well you're living with Embry...we figured you would remain there."

"I am but my family is leaving me behind." My voice cracks and mom pulls me to her.

"We're sorry Sami...but you know how this goes." she whispered. She hugs me for a while before I stop crying. It's several hours later before I am able to accept the fact that they are all leaving. Jake on the other hand, stormed out of the house about an hour ago.

"I for one...am kinda glad that there won't be any vampires close by." Quil spoke. I look at him and was about ready to punch him and he obviously saw my expression. "Not in a mean way, I'm just glad that we won't have to shit as much." he says.

"Amen to that." Leah and Jared agree.

"Um Sami...Mika needs her diaper changed...I don't know how to do that." Collin says walking from the hallway.

"You and Brady can come on out...I need to feed them anyways." I sigh standing up and following him to my old room. It still looks the same as when I left except cleaner. "How are mommies little angels?" I coo crawling onto the bed. "Thanks boys." I smile at them before they leave closing the door. "Did someone make a poopie?" I gently tickle her belly making her laugh loudly. I grab the diaper bag and quickly change her diaper then check Loki and change his too because it's wet. "So guess what? Your grandma Rose and Grandpa Emmett are leaving. So is Alice and Jasper and Edward and Bella...Great grandma Esme and Great grandpa Carlisle. They're leaving us, moving to different parts of the world." I frown putting Loki's pants back on as he blows a raspberry. "I feel the same way. I wish they weren't vampires...then they wouldn't have to leave us. They have to leave because people are starting to wonder why they aren't aging. That must be nice...never get wrinkly skin. It's like permanent botox." I snicker. Mika starts to fall asleep so I let her do so while I pick Loki up and start to feed him. At first it hurts for a few seconds but after doing it for so long, I've kinda gotten used to it. I rock him side to side as he sucks from me. Mika doesn't sleep long, so when Loki finishes and falls asleep I lay him down next to me and pick Mika up to feed her. She finishes quickly and I lay her down. As she falls asleep, I grab my old baby blanket and lay at their feet then throw it over us falling asleep.

~Embry's P.O.V~
"You will take care of her...won't you?" Emmett asks sadly.

"Of course I will and the twins too." I can't help but smile.

"That's all we could ask for." Rose smiles. Ever since Samantha's birthday, our feud has kinda disappeared. Although we still don't trust them because they are after all vampires.

"We'd better get going." Sam announces standing up from his seat.

"I'm gonna go get Samantha." I rise from my chair and head up to the bedroom. As I open the door, the only light in the room are coming from the twinkling lights she hung in the room. I look at the bed and see her lying down with the babies next to her under her old baby blanket. I walk over to her and smile as I see her holding both of their tiny hands in her left one as she sleeps. I carefully climb onto the bed and kiss her temple, causing her to wake. "Hey honey." I smile when she looks at me.

"Hey...oh sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep." she rolls over and rubs her eyes.

"It's ok...it's time to go though." I kiss her forehead and walk around to the other side of the bed to grab the car seats. I place them on the bed as she puts the diaper bag back together. As I pick Loki up he starts to stir but falls back to sleep when I place him in the car seat. After placing Mika in her's we head down to the living room. The rest of the pack has already left. As Sam walks into the living room she turns to look at me "I'll just get them in the car." I walk out to the car, giving them some privacy.

~Samantha's P.O.V~
"When are you all leaving?" I ask quietly.

"Not until after Renesmee's birthday." Bella answers.

"Does Jake know?" I ask.

"Yeah...I texted him and hoped that would get him to come back but he hasn't been back yet."

"Why do you all have to go so far away though? Can't you just go to like...Portland or something?" I ask sadly.

"That's too close to here. Anyone that knows who we are or what we look like could see us twenty years from now and wonder why we don't look any different." Alice spoke.

"Twenty years?? You're not coming back for twenty years?" My voice breaking a little.

"Of course not...we will be back for the twin's birthday, Christmas, and we will obviously visit." Mom reassured me before pulling me into a hug. After we hugged for a while, I moved around the room hugging everyone else.

"I'll see you guys later." I whisper as they walk me to the front door. I walk out to the car and climb into the passenger seat since Embry is in the drivers seat.

"Ready?" he asks starting the car.

"Yeah...let's go home." I smile buckling my seat belt as he pulls away.