Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 35

"Are the streamers hung?" Alice asked as I blew up balloons with Jacob and Jasper.

"Um...yes. If you'd just look up, you'd see that." I smile pointing upward.

"Alright smarty pants, no need to get sassy." She playfully glared.

"Did you see the cake?" Jasper asks blowing up five balloons in a matter of a second.

"No, I didn't know it was done." I hand him the balloon I had just blew up and made my way to the kitchen where mom and Esme were playing with Loki and Mika. "How's my babies?" I coo kissing both of their foreheads.

"Just fine...oh, god she looks just like you when you were a baby." Mom smiles playing peek-a-boo with Mika.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm in here to see the cake." I make my way to the fridge and look. "Oh wow...it is so cute. Renesmee is going to love it. Speaking of the birthday girl, where are they?"

"Edward and Bella took her to build a bear to make another bear." A loud 'POP' from the living room stops me from replying and scares the twins making them screech a blood curdling cry.

"Oh, shh, shh....it's ok. Come here." I take them from Esme and Mom before taking them up to my old room. As I pass the living room, I look in and glare at the guys as the twins screech in my ear. "Thanks." I sigh making my way up the stairs. I get to the room and place them in the swings before giving them both a bottle of my breast milk. I sit between them on the rocking chair my dad made and hold each bottle as the swings sway back and forth. They grow quiet as they start to suck on the bottles. They soon fall asleep before the bottles are empty, so I pull them from their mouths and quietly leave the room. I make my way back down to the living room where Embry is helping Jacob with the balloons. The living room was decorated in streamers, balloons, princess decorations, tiara's, wands, dress up clothes, play make up, and about a million other things. It's a total princess theme. Since Renesmee has been going to preschool since she looks old enough, she invited the other kids from the school. Even though it's mostly a princess theme, there are even things for the little boys...prince stuff. We celebrated her actual birthday two days ago since it's technically her first birthday, but as far as everyone else knows she is turning five. Alice walks out of the kitchen with a tiara in her hands and it's not just a plastic tiara, it's real metal. "Alice...do I really gotta wear that?" I asked stepping away from her.

"Yes, now hold still." she smiles placing it in my hair properly. After fixing my hair, she gasps. "The guests are arriving." she smiles before dancing off.

"Alright..remember, no phasing, no hissing, no growling, no arguing and please...NO PDA!!!! It's a little kid party." I said looking at mom and dad.

"What? Why are you looking at us?" Dad smiled innocently with his hands up in defeat.

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about." I playfully glared at him. Seconds later, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I grinned walking to the front door. I could see the kids and their parents smiling as I pulled the large glass barrier open. "Hi! Thanks for coming. Come on in." I smiled moving aside so the could come in. "The living room is just through there and around the corner." I smiled directing them. I decided to leave the door open so if more showed up they could just walk in. The gift table quickly filled up with gifts from her classmates. Alice, mom and Emily were already at work dressing everyone up. Grandma, grandpa, Sam, and the other adults were talking with punch in their hands.

Twenty minutes later Edward, Bella and Renesmee finally got back. Not to long after that Charlie, Billy, Sue and Leah showed up. Charlie thinks that Renesmsee is Edward's niece because Bella's pregnancy wasn't that long. Renesmee knew not to call them mommy and daddy around everyone else.

Five hours later, it's eight o' clock and the party is coming to an end. Renesmee is passed out on the couch with cake covering her mouth, the twins are wide awake, the goodie bags are gone, wrapping paper is lying all over the floor, empty punch bowl sits in the corner, and a mountain of gifts overs a table near the glass wall. The last kid just left with him mom five minutes ago. As some of the guys leave to go onto patrol, Sam and Emily excuse themselves since Emily isn't feeling good and go home. Charlie is talking to Edward and Bella at the front door. Paul, Jake, Billy, and Embry stand by the far wall talking about god knows what. Sue and Leah left two hours ago. Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Mom and I start cleaning up. They of course get stuff done faster so I end up giving up and make my way to the twins who are lying on the floor on the plush carpet playing. As I sit there, I can't help thinking...this is the last birthday that will be celebrated in this house, in this town, together as a family. They're all leaving tomorrow and I have no idea when I will see them again. I'm sitting in front of a sleeping Renesmee wrapped in my own thoughts, so when a small hand touches my cheek, I jump. Images start shooting through my head and it makes me gasp. Images of dad comforting mom in my old room. He has his arms wrapped around her as she makes the gestures as if she were crying. Of course it's a tearless one since they can't produce tears, but the thought of her actually "crying" breaks my heart. "We can't just leave her and not come back..." the image dissolves as another replaces it. Just happy memories this time. All the time we spent together here. A tear leave my eye and I pull her hand away. When my vision becomes partially normal, it blurs again due to tears. I gasp quietly getting the attention of my family and the remaining pack.

"Sami? What's wrong?" Embry asks walking over to me.

"N-nothing..." I sniffle. "...I was just th-thinking...this is the last party that will happen in this house. I-I don't know when I will see you again." I sigh wiping my eyes looking at my family. They look at each other before looking at me with sadness in their eyes. I look up at Embry and sorrow, sadness, and worry fills his.

"You'll see us again...someday. Just because we're leaving here doesn't mean we're gone forever. We'll always be in your heart." Mom frowns coming over to me and wraps me in her arms. The way she said that made me feel as if...this WAS the last time I was going to see them. Embry and I stay at the house until nearly three in the morning, which was when I fell asleep. I say my byes to everyone and Embry carries me out to the car after placing the twins in there with Seth. I know tomorrow...the house will be empty. Even the cottage will be empty. Some things will be covered with sheets, every room will echo if when you so much as breath in it. It may be weeks before I see them again, hell...it may even be months. This just over all sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post!! I've been away from a computer for like EVER because I've been taking care of my gpa who had a heart attack and surgery. But I have finished the story and will be posting the rest of it soon!!! Thank you all so much for your patience and not sending me hate messages about how it's taking me forever to post haha

xoxo
JBL09