Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 36

~Cullen's P.O.V~
"I love you guys." Samantha smiles from the car before Embry drives off. They stand on the front porch and watch as the tail lights light up the dark woods surrounding the house.

"We still should have told her." Alice says walking back into the house.

"If we would have...then you know she would have done anything to stop us from going." Rose spoke.

"She would have understood that this...has to happen." Alice's voice had turned from it's normal sweet softness to one of hatred loudness. Alice had only ever raised her voice in anger twice since the clan came together, so when it happened...you knew the situation was bad. "You could've spent more time with her and the babies."

"I know Alice...but this is how it is going to happen." The crack in Rose's voice was as human as her sadness could get. Since she was unable to cry real tears, her facial expressions showed it. Sadness and heartache.

"Why don't you just talk to them first? See if you can get them to change their minds. Persuade them that it's OK." Bella suggested standing next to Edward in the kitchen.

"Because it took nearly fifty witnesses to prove to them that Renesmee wasn't an immortal child. How could we prove to them that she won't tell?" Emmett spoke up as she wrapped his arms around his wife.

"What if Alice showed them her visions? When Sami promised not to tell anyone...that vision went on for years." Bella being a newborn didn't really get to learn about the tricks with some special vampire's powers. For example, if Alice wanted to actually fool the Volturi all she'd have to do is fake a vision and they could believe it. But the Volturi knows that she can do that so they have to pick which visions they believe. But as Carlisle explains it to her, a frown explores her features.

"There is no talking them out of it. As much as we don't want too...this is for Sam and the babies. We are the reasons why she got wrapped in this crazy life in the first place." Emmett whispers.

"But we all went along with it. So why not all of us?" Esme has been trying to get them to stay away, it broke her heart knowing what was to come. ((Yes, I'm aware that vampires don't "have hearts" but just because it's no longer beating doesn't mean it's not there and plus its a figure of speech...so get off me!! n.n))

"We're not gonna allow the rest of you to go through this just because we wanted a baby." Rose spoke. "This is how it has to be...I'm willing to take her and the babies place. If you were in our shoes...would you take her place?" she asks rhetorically. Nobody says anything else for nearly an hour. They all just stand there looking at each other.

"We'd better...start packing." Esme whispers.

"Our room is already packed up...we'll help with everything else." Emmett sighs.

"Edward and Eleazar were able to pack the cottage and get everything moved up to the new house yesterday." Bella frowns.

"Alright, let's finish up the house then." Everyone separates to gather their belongings. Soon, the three moving trucks are packed with everyone's stuff. They decided to use the cottage as a storage area since they're the only ones that know it's out there besides the pack and Samantha. Everything that they are leaving for them has been packed away nicely and stored carefully. Bella picks up a sleeping Renesmee and places her in the car seat as everyone crowds around the Volvo.

"Since Sam is more likely to come up there first eventually...will you give these to her? But if she doesn't come for more than a year, please take them to her." Rose's voice cracks again.

"Of course Rose. Just so you know...even though you didn't like me at the beginning...I always looked up to you as an older sister who was trying to make me tougher." Bella whispered softly.

"I'm really sorry Bella for all the harsh things I've ever said to you. I'm not only saying that because this is the end. I've been saying them in my head for two years but just haven't been able to bring myself to say them. Forgive me?"

"Of course." they hug for a few minutes before the good-byes. Edward and Bella hug the rest of their family.

"Take care of them Ed, you seriously got lucky." Emmett smiles hugging his brother for the final time.

"You can count on that. I love you bro." If tears were actually capable at this point...not even Noah's Ark would survive the tears they would be crying.

"Love you too bro...please check on Sam every now and then."

"Of course." With that...they climbed into the car and left.

"Rose...Emmett...I cannot tell you...Words can't even describe..." Esme tried to speak but couldn't find the right words to say which was rare for her. "Even though...you are not my actual children...you are the closest I have ever come to having them...and I am truely proud to call you my kids." she whispered pulling them into her arms.

"Thank you...Mom." Rose whispered. All of them have called her mom from time to time except Rose. She had always called her Esme because she couldn't bring herself to call someone else mom. They hug for quite some time before pulling apart.

"We'd better be off...our flight leaves shortly." Carlisle speaks putting his hand on Esme's back. "And don't worry...we will explain everything to Sam when she is ready."

"Thank you." Esme hugs Alice and Jasper while Carlisle hugs Rose and Emmett.

"May god be with you." Carlisle says before he and Esme get into the car and moving truck. They leave and it's just Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rose.

"I guess we can't put this off any longer." Jasper sighs sadly. The four of them had said their good byes last night so it wouldn't have to be so sad.

"Ali...make sure you go see Samantha and the babies every now and then. You always were her favorite aunt." Rose smiles.

"I'm everyone's favorite." she giggles.

"Wow Ali...when did you get a big head." the jokes continued for about twenty minutes until the four vampires went their separate ways.

~Emmett and Rose's P.O.V~
Before the couple was to go to Volterra, they headed down to La Push. They waited near the treaty line for the pack. Rosalie stood in his arms as a quiet growl reached their ears. As they looked to the other side of the line, they could see the shapes of the pack. "We are here on friendly terms. Please change back so we can understand you all." This is the first time Rosalie didn't have to try to be nice to them, she actually meant it. They disappeared and a second later Sam, Paul, Jared and Seth walked out with their cut off shorts.

"What's this about? You're actually being nice to us?" Paul asked with a grunt and a scoff.

"I don't like to end things badly. I'm here to apologize for how I've acted. The name calling and the bad attitude I mean." she spoke.

"Why the sudden change of mind?" Sam asked.

"Because we need you to do something for us." Emmett spoke.

"Do something for a lee-" Paul was quickly cut off by Sam.

"Paul...they're being nice so at least try to keep it under control." he says looking from him back to the couple. "What is it?"

"Sam, we want you and Emily...to take care of Sam like she's your own daughter." Emmett frowned.

"Wait...what? Why would you want me to act like her father when you're her father? You're just moving...it's not like your gonna die anytime soon." he says confused. Rose and Emmett look at each other with sadness.

"That's not true."

"What do you mean?" Jared asks.

"We've made a deal with the Volturi...let's just say, this is the very last time you will ever see the two of us. We've written to Samantha in a letter explaining everything. She will get the letters when she is ready to find us. We've given them to Bella and she is to wait a year before she comes back if she hasn't come to her by then. She'll know where to go when she realizes she hasn't heard from us."

"What kind of deal did you make?" Seth asks.

"We're not going to share that with you. We don't want any of you to feel guilty about holding the secret in when she does find out. When she reads the letters, I'm sure you fill find out then. But until that day, just promise us you won't mention or even share that you saw us here. I know since you can see into each others heads when you shift it may be difficult." Emmett spoke. Sam turned to look at the three and alpha ordered them to not think about it at all until the day comes.

"Thank you Sam. I've made everyone else to come back from time to time to see her and check up on her. I just don't know when that will be. Just please make sure they are safe and nothing happens to them."

"I swear."

"She has been one of us since Embry imprinted on her." Seth spoke.

"Then that is all we could ever ask for." Emmett's sorrow filled voice rumbled softly. He unwrapped his arms from around Rose and stepped toward the treaty. The four wolves tensed slightly until he stopped and stuck his hand out. "Thank you." he whispered. Sam looked at his hand for a second before grasping it.

"My pleasure. Take care...leech." he smirks playfully.

"You too...mutt." Rose smirks back. The pair quickly left after that and dreadfully made their way toward Volterra, Italy.