Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 37

~Samantha's P.O.V~
Ok, so...I have NO idea what is going on. It's two weeks before Christmas and I haven't heard from a single one of my family members. Not my pack family because god knows I see them every freaking day, but I mean my real family; Ali, Jasper, Ed, Bella, Carlisle, Esme, Mom or Dad. Renesmee called me about a month ago and that was all I have heard. I've been thinking that they have come up with a plan to surprise me but I also thought the same thing for Halloween. I've been calling and texting and emailing them but I have only received a few replies from them all except mom and dad. It's not like them at all. Jacob has been going up to see Renesmee every two weeks and when he gets back I ALWAYS ask how they are and I ask to see pictures of Renesmee. He is the only way I can hear about my family. I've asked the pack if they know anything and they say they don't although Jared, Seth, Paul and Sam act strange when I ask them but I have been ignoring it.They really haven't had to shift in about a month and a half so they all look older just a little bit. Embry's high temperature has gone from 108 to 105 and his appetite has slowed (thank god). Things have seriously changed since my family left. A lot of good changes. I've quit my job so I can stay home and take care of the babies. Jacob, Embry, Paul and Sam opened up a garage together which is a hit here in La Push. Emily is pregnant..EEP!!! I'm so excited about it. Even though she is 3 months and is just like my pregnancy was. Jared and Kim are living together in a small house they bought which is across from Sam and Emily's. Paul and Rachael live together at his place. Leah imprinted on Paul's cousin Grant who is 25, a year older than her. Seth has a girlfriend but hasn't imprinted yet. They've been together for a month and they are so cute together. They met at school when he "accidentally" bumped into her. He says it was accidentally but I highly doubt that because every time he says it was an accident he blushes like mad. Brady and Collin even have girlfriends. They don't bring them around much because they say I'm to embarrassing.They think that because I always tell the girls embarrassing stories about them. Loki and Mika are getting bigger. They are very developed for being six months old. They're crawling around, eating baby food, they're very vocal, active, and smart. Loki's features have started to look like Embry's while Mika's resembles both of us. Both of them have a head full of dark brown hair. It's not black like Embry's because my hair is blonde which makes it a brownish color. Mika also has light brown eyes, while Loki has dark brown like Embry. There looks are bound to change more as they get older. I took Mika to get her ears pierced a week ago and she just looks so adorable. She didn't even cry when they pierced them, she's a tough little girl. The only thing she really did was jump slightly when the gun popped but other than that...it didn't phase her at all. Eric asked Tiffany to move in with her the day before Halloween, so now the kids have their own room. The pack helped redo it so it's a little more childish and less grown up. Thankfully we're able to pay the bills and everything. I sold my car so we'd have more money since I have decided to not use my families money. Embry got mad when I told him what I did but I bought another one that was cheaper, big enough for us four, and it's cheaper on gas. It was weird getting used to it but I honestly like it more than my old one.

Even though things are going great, I just can't get my family out of my head and it's been bothering me a lot today. It's just weird that I haven't heard from mom or dad at all. Maybe I should ask around. "Hey babe?" I get up from the couch and head to the bedroom where he is getting dressed for work.

"Yeah?" I see him sitting on the bed putting his shoes on.

"Has anyone heard...from my mom or dad?" He looks up at me quickly.

"Um, not that I'm aware of. Why?" he asks.

"Well, I've heard from everyone else at least once while I haven't heard from them at all. It's just strange that I haven't receive a phone call, a text or even an email from either of them. Don't you think that's a little strange?"

"I guess. When was the last time you heard from any of the others?"

"Well I heard from Alice and Jasper about...a month ago. I asked them about it but they just said they didn't know. But the way Jasper said it...something didn't seem right." I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the spot where the rug met the hardwood floor. I got lost in my thoughts as I eyed the patterns on the rug. They wouldn't just stop calling or something like that unless something really was wrong. I mean...I'm their daughter. They can't just forget me. Well they could but I don't think they would. They love me. I hope they still do. But what if something did happen. What if they were ambushed? "Oh my god! What if something happened to them?" I gasped.

"Babe, I'm pretty sure nothing happened to them. They're vampires...I doubt they got sick and died." he snickered.

"It's not funny. What if they ran into another clan that felt threatened by them and since it's just the two of them, they lost...oh my god!" I started to hyperventilate at the thought.

"Baby...Sam...Samantha. Look at me." he knelled in front of me and placed his hands on my arms gently. "Look at me!" he didn't yell it. "Breath...if it'll make you feel better, I'll talk to Jake when I get to work. I will see what he knows and tell you when I get home." My breathing returned to normal after a few minutes. "Better?"

"Yeah...thanks babe." I smile at him.

"No problem. I'd better go, gotta finish the Ford by three today. I love you." he smiles before leaning in to peck my lips quickly.

"Love you too boo." I smile as he stands up. He grabs his wallet and keys then leaves. I flop backwards onto the bed as the front door clicks shut. I lay there till I hear a soft cry come from down the hall. I get up and make my way to the light green colored room. I walk over to Mika's crib and see her smiling as she looks up at me. "There's my baby girl. Good morning." I smile at her and gently tickle her tummy. "Do you need a new diaper?" I quickly check and sigh. "You poop more than any baby I know, which isn't a lot." I pick her up and place her on the changing table. As I open her diaper I quickly close it. "Good lord Mika! No more squash for you." I pinch my nose and she laughs loudly. "Oh, you think it's funny do you? Just wait till you have kids, you won't think it's too funny then." I gag quickly pulling the diaper off of her and throwing it away. "How do you manage to always get it everywhere? UGH! I might as well give you a bath." I clean her up and undress her the rest of the way before carrying her to the bathroom and start to fill up the tub a little and place the baby tub in it. As the water reaches the right temperature and the right height, I place her in it and bathe her. She plays with her pink polka dotted rubber ducky that Claire and Quil got her. Loki got a blue one that has a pirate hat on it. After cleaning her, I let the water drain then grab her towel that has a duck hood on it. I wrap her up in it and go back to the room to see that Loki is up. "Hi baby boy." I coo him as I get Mika dressed. When she is dressed, I place her in the bouncer that is in the room while I change Loki, thankfully he just peed but I still decide to bathe him and get him dressed. "Do you wanna go shopping today? We still have to get daddy something for Christmas. Does that sound fun?" I ask slipping his shoes onto his feet. Mika lets out a loud wail of excitement that makes me laugh. "I take that as a yes." I smile as I lift him off the bed and place him on the floor while I pack a diaper bag. When I finish that I slip the bag over my shoulder and grab them. I walk to the living room and place them in the play pin while I run to my room and get dressed. I grab my keys and run out to the car to warm it up since it's freezing outside. After I finish I lock the front door then grab them, my purse, the stroller and the diaper bag then head out to the car that is in the garage. Embry got a truck a few days ago so he didn't have to take the car in case I had to leave for something. With the three of us bundled up in our winter gear, I pull out of the garage and we head to the mall in Port Angeles.

Two hours later, I'd bought more than I meant too. I bought more stuff for the babies, a few things for the pack, and of course bought something for Embry. We ate lunch in the food court and then left. On the way back home, I caught myself thinking about my family again. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I had pulled into the driveway to the house my family once lived in until I came to a stop out front. I sat in the car looking up at the large house. I could see into almost every room at the front of the house. It was really strange to see it empty like this. I just kept waiting for mom or Alice to come running out of the house and out to me, but the longer I sat there staring at the door...the sadder I felt. I didn't look away until Loki screamed cheerfully, scaring me. I jumped and looked away. With a sigh I turned the car around and left. As we get close to the guys' garage the kids start making a lot of noise. It's almost as if they knew we were close. I pulled off the road and onto the salted drive of the garage. Honking my horn twice, I smile when the guys walk out of the garage. I get out and smile at them as they approach me. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Embry asked wiping his hands on a red rag.

"Well, we just did some shopping and were on our way home when they started to make a bunch of noise. I don't know how but they always know when were close to the shop." I smile grabbing the rag and wiping a grease spot off of his cheek then hand it back to him.

"What did you get?"

"More Christmas stuff. So listen...I have been thinking..."

"That's never a good sign." Jake and Paul laugh.

"You know, I still have the receipt to your Christmas gifts...I can easily return them and get my money back." I glared at them.

"Sorry."

"Anyways...I was thinking about mom and dad...what if they were in trouble and couldn't get a hold of me? Alice could've had a vision and if she did she sure as hell would've called Edward to tell him. I know for a fact that if that was the case then he wouldn't wanna tell me over the phone."

"Jake says he hasn't noticed anything weird with him. He still seems like the annoying mind reader." Embry replys.

"You haven't noticed anything?" I ask looking at Jake.

"Nada...although every time I bring up you and the kids, they all get tense."

"What do you mean all? Isn't it just Edward, Bella and Renesmee?"

"Carmen and Eleazar too...I've even tried to talk to Bella but she just says that everything is fine...that they are just missing you is all."

"Hmm...I don't know. I think I'm gonna get the rugrats home for their nap." I sigh rubbing my forehead. "See you guys later." I smile giving them all hugs and kissing Embry. I climb back into the car and head back to the house. After laying them down in their cribs, I decide to wrap some more gifts. We had put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and started putting presents under it about a week ago. After I place the wrapped gifts under the tree, I clean up the house and decide to watch some TV in the living room. Nothing grabs my attention which causes me to drift off into a weird dream.